12 Weeks To Find First Gold (Persistence Pays).

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Northeast,

For sure I will be out, looking to film a lead up to a new window as well to show you guys.

If I can manage to keep this thread going and provide some insight along the way - and most important inspire and open up some eyes that may be a little closed, it is much worth the extra effort of simply hitting record on the camera.

Cheers

Hi MG great video nice to see how you look at the ground and see what the old timers where doing very informative.Given me a few Ideas for an area we are heading to tomorrow .Cant resist saying nice to see you have sharpened your pick lol .Just a thought when I first came on the forum I asked for advice as to where and how to look for gold and all the normal answers came up, get a map do your research and then do more research, you'll be right, but no one tells you how or what to research , maybe show people as to what and how you do your research before you go to an area ,something to do in your spare time lol lol .Great work keep it going mate ,hope to catch up soon . PP

That last video helped me a lot MG.
Some areas and diggings I've been to are similar to what you showed.

In the past those areas only confused me as I couldn't picture in my mind what took place and why, but now it all makes perfect sense.
Thank you for sharing.

I also understand now why I was able to find about 6 little sub grammers a few days ago, and then going back to the same area but deeper section and only finding buckshot for the day.

Prospecting is like a box of chocolates. :)

I caught up with this thread and watched a few of your vids today MG. Some good ones and the one that has stuck in my mind the most is the test between junk, lead and gold.

Thanks for going to the considerable effort.

Hi All,

Just updating the thread with some findings today, was just good to head out for a swing for a couple of hours as always. Well the area I went back to was not far from where the recent 7+gram nugget was found. Stayed a bit more local and less walking today

Found the nice shallow signs and time to fire up.

Within 15 minutes first 2 targets Gold - third target rust and a few false signals in between.

The first target was that faint - anyone with a medium swing speed and minimal overlap would definitely not hit this target, not sure if thats why it was still there or not - or maybe its just the dynamite GPX and Elite - it was the faintest change in threshold operating in Enhance. In enhance it would have been right at the bottom tip of the mono search pattern.

Due to the constant variation in mineral changes - I couldnt operate in this area on the Normal settings or I would be chasing my tail for the most part. - switched back to a ramped up enhance setting. There are just times we need to sacrifice depth for ground stability

Normal General and Deep smashed the target response - I did capture this and the second piece on video with explanation and settings prior to digging.

Both pieces within 2 mtrs of each other.

1. Found this little fella as well, along with 20 or so more between the tree's
1484309839_pic_0351.jpg

2. Before cleaning
1484309839_pic_0354.jpg

3. All cleaned up - worn and not so worn.
1484309839_pic_0355.jpg

Will be heading back out for day 28 tomorrow at my favorite spot. I might be cutting back on the detecting tomorrow out there, only because I want to prospect further around this area, to hopefully open a new window.

Enjoy the pics.

HoudiniHarry said:
Hi M.G, glad you have taken the geo stamp off your images :).
Great vids

Cheers

Hah,

Thanks for checking - lol

Nah the JVC GC-PX100 doesnt geo stamp images Phew - I would never use that anyway - how about losing a GPS with all of your gold finds up to that date.

Cheers Harry nice to see you have my back hah

Pirate pete said:
Hi MG great video nice to see how you look at the ground and see what the old timers where doing very informative.Given me a few Ideas for an area we are heading to tomorrow .Cant resist saying nice to see you have sharpened your pick lol .Just a thought when I first came on the forum I asked for advice as to where and how to look for gold and all the normal answers came up, get a map do your research and then do more research, you'll be right, but no one tells you how or what to research , maybe show people as to what and how you do your research before you go to an area ,something to do in your spare time lol lol .Great work keep it going mate ,hope to catch up soon . PP

Hi Pete,

Thanks again - hope it helps some when you head out

Hey you came on the group day didnt you ?? Hah - Were you not paying attention "haha" to what I do and how I do my research prior - on looking for the new grounds and opening up potential windows, trying to narrow down that window. You might need a refresher course - book me in

Had to laugh at the sharp pick comment - I pinched the one that came with my GPX which I gave to my brother to use with the GP3500 - but borrowed it yesterday and today, he was working anyway.

Cheers mate

Thanks Makka,

Well didnt I get some good news yesterday which I had only just stumbled across, let me tell you a story, back in December I entered into a gold discovery competition. Well weeks passed and to my surprise I see an email late last night.

Coiltek advising me that I have won

Congratulations, you are the winner of the Latest Discoveries Competition for December 2016!
Your entry was voted as the best entry by all the staff here at Coiltek and it certainly was a great story, well done!
Can you please contact us to discuss your choice of coil prize.
The coil types you can choose from are:

- 11 Elite Mono to suit SD/GP/GPX
- 17x11 Elite Mono to suit SD/GP/GPX
- 14x9 Elite Mono to suit SD/GP/GPX

http://www.coiltek.com.au/

How awesome is that - Not hard to guess the choice here, 17x11 added to my arsenal.

Depth Test Yeha

Cheers M.G

Minelab Gold said:
HoudiniHarry said:
Hi M.G, glad you have taken the geo stamp off your images :).
Great vids

Cheers

Hah,

Thanks for checking - lol

Nah the JVC GC-PX100 doesnt geo stamp images Phew - I would never use that anyway - how about losing a GPS with all of your gold finds up to that date.

Cheers Harry nice to see you have my back hah

Yes waiting in an Airport lounge and got bored so I checked.. I am continually amazed at not only your videos but also your style and teaching skill. Just wish I could find the gold the way you do. I still think you have a gold magnet at the end of your 4500.

Cheers

Thanks Harry,

Much appreciated, digging craters - had a few of them over the years. As we all know too well axe heads, old picks, big pieces of tin, old cans.

Added a new toy to the arsenal today as well. Noticed this on the Tree and sent the offer and arrange collection today. A good investment of only $300, if Only Coiltek had a new style DD would have not even hesitated on the purchase, so I had to settle for this one instead.

1484392274_pic_0356.jpg

When returning home today went out and Tested on the hottest ground for an hour with various settings. Operating in Normal General and Normal Deep with Sens Extra, just to see how much saturation the coil gets from the mineralized ground types in the settings. In the brief time it handled well on the hot grounds, in Normal G and Deep running in Sens Extra and a fast tracking. Wasnt too extensive on the tests but all seemed great

Have to say pretty impressed on the way it handles the hottest ground here, and reasonably fast balancing. Sensitivity not as good as the Elites which was expected

Now having the Elite Mono squad 11" 14" 17x11" along with this DD will be a perfect combination for all ground conditions.

You will need to update your vehicle to carry all the extra gear. The DD looks the part. I have always found the DD coils run very quiet you just need to find the yellow stuff. The next coil you get may be a meter wide. Need two to swing.
I will look for an Elite 14" to see how quiet they run. I have been really impressed with the gold found so far. And may I say envious.

I've started using the commander 11 dd that came with the 5000 . Interesting results. How many of us disregarded the dd that that came with the machine. Time to find a spot to use it.

Thats right Bjay,

Found lots of gold over they years with the DD's and DD Pro's - and didnt need to battle with super hot grounds as its DD territory, run all day in all types. Now with the GPX Elite combo - needed to get less saturation in those above mild to hot ground types, so yeah for sure to gain stability to the ground and keep depth, we may lose some sensitivity - but I would choose DD Over Mono, in Normal any day in red hot ground.

11's get in those good spots too - where as these larger coils are really only good for open area's - where its not so dense.

Good luck on the MCDD 11

Hi Guys,

Just updating with some findings today - I have captured all on video with signal response and the grounds or area where the targets were found. Today I wanted to see how much further I could expand the current search window to create new small windows.

The area that I went back to is the recent hole with gold, I wanted to test the 11" Elite on the mullock heap just along side the main concentration area, I had previously run over it with the 14" Elite and hit 6 or so sub gram gold.

Having slightly better sensitivity to smaller gold - the 11" Elite should potentially gain a slight depth on smalls. Well it worked just as expected and pinged a little subby.

After doing this I ventured away to hopefully start with documenting a further direction or spread. A quick run near the upper test holes and then over to the fringe in virgin territory.

Today was another great day and hit some yellow - along with the usual junk rust lead and also an old 5 cents piece. Not sure on the date havent cleaned it.

I will put together the vids and post them up.

One piece looks great - some nice ironstone within and small pieces of quartz. Another little piece is a bit funky looking as well.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts