Windows 10

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian said:
Mungass said:
went to do my tax with etax on the weekend :mad: ,puter kept exiting etax and losing info rang ATO and get told they are not compatible,,,, go you good thing gov t services :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:

find the target for etax and try going into its properties/advanced and try a compatability setting.

it may work, but yeah this is the type of reason that makes me hang back from the upgrade.

let us know when y'all finished cutting yourselves on the sharp edge of technology :)

Without those willing to cut themselves on the sharp edge of technology there would be no progress .....so thanks for holding us all back. ;)

I upgraded my little Asus T100 Transformer over the weekend and the only problem I have is not being able to turn off the feature where it requires a pin on wakeup from sleep mode. Looked through all of the usual settings and it appears to be switched off, but I still get the annoying pin prompt every time.

My Asus 15" laptop has had Classic Shell installed on top of Windows 8.1 since day one, so I've always had a start menu and since that seems to be the main reason everybody is flocking to W10 I might just leave that one alone for a while.

Disable all the spyware crap the second you start installing Windows 10. Should help a bit.

No such thing as privacy anymore, even mobile phones are bad!

Updated my mothers [85 yrs old] PC today and she is so happy to have something resembling a start menu.
I got rid of all the tiles and off she went.
Best thing since XP Pro for her.

Redfin said:
Updated my mothers [85 yrs old] PC today and she is so happy to have something resembling a start menu.
I got rid of all the tiles and off she went.
Best thing since XP Pro for her.

Redfin that is a seriously old PC mate!!!!!! :D :D :D
Sorry couldn't help myself :8 :D

Billy.

I had to roll back Windows 10 to windows 7 this afternoon as too many issues started to develop with the programs that Im running. The main problem was with W10 its self. The start button stopped working yesterday and that makes it hard to access the apps. Apart from that I was happy the way it was going.

I am still running it without problem on my laptop and netbook .

t was strange going back to w7 desktop after 2 or so weeks on w10 but I did not want to get caught with w10 after the 1 month trail period ends.

I will reinstall it again at a latter stage after a few more of the bugs have been sorted out.

Balmain Bob said:
The main problem was with W10 its self. The start button stopped working yesterday and that makes it hard to access the apps. Apart from that I was happy the way it was going.

I had the same issue, it was because Windows 10 installed some updates late yesterday and required a reboot.

This is one thing I hate about Windows 10, it installs updates in the background and does not tell me if the updates require a reboot to finalize the update.

Latest posts