Windows 10

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug, thanks mate.. i already saw that :cool: .. i have the icon there.. and it loads with no graphics.. then comes the 1603 advisor.. theres a youtube fix buti can't understand what she says..strong accent ...and you know how deaf i am anyway :p and i get mesmorised by her fiddling around :mad: i think i'll go back to 7 ... shame cause i like 10... oh.. i found that file..your right it was in E drive..i think i'll burn it and sit on it till they get 10 up to scratch.. oh to be in the bush where i belong :rolleyes: cheers mate

As Brian said, A complete uninstall would most likely fix it.
Another thing.
Go to Nvidia.com and follow your nose to the driver install.
There is an option to detect and install the driver for your Graphics Card.
At least have a fiddle. I would. :lol: :lol:

Tathradj said:
Acebull,
No need to feel like a newbie around this forum.
All is welcome.
There is no game up. Just that you have quipped every one on Linux when this was a polite discussion on Win 10.
I like Linux, Also Apple also Android, God help me Unix. LOL
That is the way it is. every thing has it's place.
At the right time.
If you want, Start a revealing thread about Linux.
That way some one will start on Apple or the others.
No hard feelings . ?
Stay cool. :D

Acebull said:
diplomacy not really more like game up on the new Guy that has a different Opinion ;) ;) ;) But ( That is the way we work around here ) :cool: :cool:
Tathradj Did you look this word up before you used it ( quipped ) As I was not being ( Witty or Sarcastic or Taunting ) All I was saying is that Linux was a alternative to windows :eek: and in the words of Wordsworth don't use big word if a small one will DO
Be Happy and have another beer :cool: :cool:

Please keep it civil guys, time to head back to discussing the original topic at hand. I appreciate that other alternatives to Windows 10 have been suggested, though best to discuss them at length in a newly created topic, cheers.

Loving Windows 10 so far, pretty sleek so far. I like the full screen start menu feature the most, looks great.

Multi monitor is a bit glitchy so far for me, my centre (desktop 1) monitor is larger then my other two monitors and it causes the full screen start menu to play up a bit when switching to the smaller monitors.

Other then that it's awesome.

Has anyone had any WiFi connection problems on Win10? I didn't on 8.1, but almost every hour on 10 it would disconnect and search for WiFi for 10-30 seconds and reconnect. When I went back to 8.1 I had no probs.

Installed Windows 10 on Saturday, and it was a painless experience. I like the new interface, and the PC is a bit more responsive and snappy. 'Puter is a recent Lenovo Yog 3 Pro. Youtube and streaming video embedded in Facebook runs much better. It was a bit of a problem with Chrome under Windows 8.1, at least in my experience.

I'm not going to get involved in the OS wars. They are horses for courses. I was a bit if a tech head back at uni in the late 70's and 80s's and have played with CPM, DOS, Mainframe Unix (pre WWW internet), various windows and Linux mint recently, mainly to get some value out of an older computer in my radio shack.

These days I'm pretty much a consumer user, and like the new windows a lot so far.

It is growing on me.
After I sorted most of the privacy issues out, I found a couple of niggles.
I had to re install java and flash player and after I did that all good.
I would say that the install ports every thing over but some of the Dll's etc need to be refreshed
to sort a few things out.
I have not had a look yet why but as the same as others, My network connections are a lot faster and there is a leap in graphics response.
All in all, dis regarding privacy I am pretty happy with it. It did a huge update Saturday and complained that it needed to reboot to make
the final settings/adjustments.
I would say this will be the norm now it is out and about.

Its a pig if your on limited downloads due to its upgrading without consent...Yet, no issues running on my tablet combo Asus T100.
Snappy, fast and better interfaced with touch screen technology. Multitasking seems to have gone up a notch compared to win 8.1...in which i had no issues anyway, but just seems to be a little more responsive.

Other than a few other things...win7 and 8.1 are just as good as im using all three.

went to do my tax with etax on the weekend :mad: ,puter kept exiting etax and losing info rang ATO and get told they are not compatible,,,, go you good thing gov t services :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:

Mungass said:
went to do my tax with etax on the weekend :mad: ,puter kept exiting etax and losing info rang ATO and get told they are not compatible,,,, go you good thing gov t services :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:

find the target for etax and try going into its properties/advanced and try a compatability setting.

it may work, but yeah this is the type of reason that makes me hang back from the upgrade.

let us know when y'all finished cutting yourselves on the sharp edge of technology :)

Latest posts