Crazy things you do at times.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tathradj

Doug
Reaction score
Felt like a fool.

Went down to Eden yesterday to do a small job.

It was raining as well and I just also finished a really good conversation
with Lesgold about detecting and such.

After finishing the call out, I had a sudden craving for fish and chips.
My favorite store was closed due to covid so I hopped in my car and
drove off down the main street.
At the end of the main street there is another fish and chip shop so i
pulled in and went in to order my food. Met up with a person I had
not seen for a while so you guessed it, Had a conversation there as
well.

With food in hand I started to much on it and was really enjoying my
serve of freshly cooked fish and chips. Gee they were nicely cooked.

So I was at peace with the world, Fresh Fish and Chips and thinking about
finally going detecting plus also dodging rain drops.

Walking back up to my car, Hang on, :argh:

Where is my car. ? :eek:

Me Subaru Forrester was not where I left it. :mad:
Oh Crap, Had my phone in it plus my laptop. Stuff on those things contain
some very sensative information. :skull: :skull:

Funny look on my face and forgot about the Fish and Chips and the rain. :awful:

20 seconds later, Bloody Idiot, ]:D

Walked back down the other end of the main street and hopped back in my car. :8

At least I enjoyed my fish and chips. {) :inlove: :8

Food and prospecting will do that to you at times :lol: your not the 1st and won't be the last :beer:

Years ago Kate and her friend went shopping at Doncaster Shopping Town as ladies like to do. Into the covered parking area chatting about all things on their mind park the car and head for the shops. Came out a long while after to the amazement the car was stolen :argh: an hour later they found it where they'd parked it :lol: :lol: :lol: I love it when Kate chastises me for having a man's look when she is wanting help to locate something :inlove: I never fail to remind her of their shopping trip :)

I have a Hyundai Santa Fe, and it seems that everyone else has similar shape and white coloured cars. I shopping centres it is easy (I'm old) to forget where I parked it.
Luckily when you lock it the lights flash, and when you unlock it the lights flash. So now I walk around locking and unlocking my car and looking for the lights. My wife has a Holden Cruze that beeps the horn as well as flash the lights when car is locked. Hers is easier to find.

regards, Ned

Well Doug...I can't believe it!...I've got a Subaru as well!....mine is the XT ...er Her's that is :lol: so here we are you've got a Prado, so have I!..You've got a Subaru, so have I!...You are handsome as buggery...so am I :lol: ...HEHE :lol: And went to the shopping precinct in civic at Canberra one year...did the shopping thingo...then back to the car...wait a minute.. what level was that now...wandered around like a pair of geese for an hour and a half..too proud to admit to any one official looking that we just plumb stuffed up ..big time. :lol: life's a bitch and then yer croak it. :lol:

Many years ago I worked in a government agency whose employees were well known for their love of a drink. The general area without being too specific was justice administration (but not the cops).

Anyway, one bloke I knew went the the club after work for a few hours, and on exiting he could not find his car. In due course he reported it stolen and after 6 or 8 weeks got his payout from NRMA.

Someone rang him up and told him "I saw your car parked in a backstreet, with about 6 or 8 weeks of bird shite and leaves on it."

So old mate went to investigate, and sure enough, he had forgotten where he had parked it, assuming it was in the normal spot.

As an honest man, he called the NRMA and offered to give back the pay out and go pick up his car.

That could not be done, because the NRMA had finalised the claim.

So he found out when the car was to be auctioned, and bought it back at a substantial discount (having had one of those generous agreed value policies that were in vogue back then.)

G'day

Many many years ago when I was a young bloke I was travelling from Qld to Wa somewhere along the way? I cant remember where it was now I stopped at a roadhouse and decide to get a thermos of coffee made as we were going to drive through the night, anyway the lovely lady behind the counter said yes no worries I can do that for you, and then added would you like regular coffee or truckie coffee?, well being an army truckie at the time I said truckie coffee please!, seemed like a good idea at the time. :p

Anyway long story short drove on happily drinking the coffee, some hours and many klms later I started seeing weird things off the side of the road, at the request of my wife we pulled off the road as she said I should get some sleep, the only problem was that all I did was lay there with eyes wide like dinner plates and all I could see was the road and the white lines going through my eyes, moral of the story is get regular coffee not rocket fuel if you want to stop for a sleep. :zzz:

cheers

stayyerAU

Years ago while working in the Mineral Sands Industry was sent to the East coast to study the age old methods. Hired a car in Sydney and drove along the coast visiting worksites.
Got a little peckish, pulled into a roadside cafe and ordered a "round" of ham/cheese & tomato. The lovely lady serving me asked did I want one piece of bread or two?
I repeated "A round of sandwiches = two slices of bread.
She walked off chuckling to herself. When she returned she said, "You're from Western Australia aren't you?"
I asked, what was so funny?
As it turns out, in NSW' a round of sandwiches is ONE slice/round of bread with fillings cut in two.
WA, a round of sandwiches is two slices/rounds of bread with fillings. :lol:
They're a weird mob in NSW or light eaters? :p

My Dad bought a new car and him and mum went shopping in Maroochydore and they came out of the shops and Dad went back to buy some smokes or something, Anyway mum went over to the New Car and got in it and said it's nice this Car and the Bloke in the Drivers seat said Yeah We Like it, Mum turned and looked and was so embarrassed when she saw a stranger in the Drivers seat and she went red in the face and couldn't stop apologizing and the bloke laughed, Mum never lived it down, with comments about her picking up strange Men etc, LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Years ago, Having KFC at a carpark at the beach... Got out of my old blue commodore to put rubbish in the bin... Turned around and went to get back in my car... This fellow said WHAT THA!!!!!! Oops sorry mate wrong blue commodore.... At least he saw the funny side of it... :8 :8

LW....

Done one better than that one.

Few years back now we had a Sigma (Stigma) white sedan.

Went down to the club for the raffles and such.

Came out with an arm load of meat trays, Unlocked the car,
Tossed the trays and beers I had bought on the back seat and
took off.

Got home then some thing dawned on me. dash looked a bit different. Eh. ? :|
wrong radio, I had just installed a new one.
Wrong Car. :awful: :awful: :8

Drove back down just as the owner was standing beside mine and scratching his head.

My keys fit his but his not mine.

What a classic, They were both parked beside each other. :lol: :lol:

Took a while to live that one down plus, He had only just filled it with petrol.

It the same, as a young bloke I took a girl I was seeing to the movies at Macquarie Centre in the northern suburbs of Sydney.

We came out of the movies had a coffee and went into the car park, got into my fathers Falcon and drove off.

As we were leaving the car park I looked around the car and thought , this isnt Dads car.

Drove it back parked it and Dads car was one row further on, same colour, same interior, key fit door and ignition.

Latest posts