Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishfull said:
Still have my original Sidchrome socket set from when I was an apprentice back in 1975.

True treasure, those old school sidchrome sets are truly irreplaceable.

Love going to the old boys shed to use his kit from around the same era, back when tools were made to last and the craftsmanship mattered.

Theres a certain magic in doing precision tasks with top end tools, like stepping back in time.

I think Sidchrome had a guarantee that if it broke it would be replaced free of charge . The boilermakers decided to put a length of pipe onto a 3/4 ratchet until it broke . Sidchrome replaced it free of charge , I am pretty sure that is correct .

BTW I was an apprentice back in the 1960's .....

88 metres of concrete, never gets any cheaper even when have contacts in the industry.

Still kind of beautiful though.

1632984143_img_20210930_163926.jpg

Wally69 said:
Nice to see the new sunken living, raised man-shed designs they are incorporating into new builds these days ;)

Ah the discussions and compromises Ive had with Mrs GT about this exact subject.

So far all Ive managed is a 9 x 7 mezzanine shed, the Rumpus and half an office.

Ive been in discussions with the real estate about the block next door to do exactly what you have in mind mate, but they have it priced a bit too high.

Thankfully its not the forever home but I dont know if I have one more in me after this one, lucky shes irreplaceable.

Maybe the unit might be worth keeping :lol:
Ive been all but living it for weeks, bloody Covid has not been kind.

Signed on the dotted line for the shed builders this afternoon.

Holy F#$k are they bandits. I mean Im more than happy to support local labor and materials but I nearly blacked out when I looked at the final costing.

And I still have to dig a hole for stormwater. More hide than Saddam.

Ive been so deprived of pleasures during lockdown, especially not being able to get out bush, that I felt I deserved a treat. Ive been thoroughly enjoying watching ALONE. Its a great survival show. I was so impressed with the hand saws they had and the size trees they could cut, that i had to research them. The result being this arrived today. Hopefully a few more weeks I can get out and use it. Cant wait.
1634218767_18e10df4-9cfe-4211-b254-f2e476943f5f.jpg

Dignit said:
Ive been so deprived of pleasures during lockdown, especially not being able to get out bush, that I felt I deserved a treat. Ive been thoroughly enjoying watching ALONE. Its a great survival show. I was so impressed with the hand saws they had and the size trees they could cut, that i had to research them. The result being this arrived today. Hopefully a few more weeks I can get out and use it. Cant wait.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...8767_18e10df4-9cfe-4211-b254-f2e476943f5f.jpg

I have had the small Silky (I think it is called a Pocketboy), in my pack for several years, "just in case" and the Silky's are all great cutters. Some people have trouble adapting to the pull cutting stroke, but I am fine with it. I may look for one of the larger ones as a vehicle tool, but I guess the Stihl 140 may be upset with me if I do that.

Rob P.

got a de_tac audio enchancer, not sure how it will go - heard the steelphase is probably the best but got it secondhand and thought I'd try it out? :pickshovel:

I have bought a battery powered transfer pump for $12 , from you know were ! I always carry a 20 lt. Jerry can of diesel . A few times I have had to put it in the Landcruiser . I do have a spout but it is a very slow pour . The old Landrover had a good idea , you pulled out a tube under the filler cap , and then you could tip it in quickly , side ways .

If I did the transfer in the camp , I can leave it in a shady bush or tree to dry out . As my MWB Landcruiser is all enclosed I am going to have a big problem with smell , if I use it on the side of the road . They send it in a nice plastic bag so after use I will put it in that and seal it up . The other idea I have is to get a PVC tube and 2 end caps and store it in that .

They send a flexible plastic ring , took a while to work out what it was for . [senior citizen ] Look for it in the packing , it is to go on the outside of the delivery pipe to hold it tight . I will not leave this plastic in the sun ......

At 77 I am to weak to hold 20+ kgs. up in the air for 10 or more minutes .

20k doesn't sound like much until you start getting on in years and begin having back problems. I suppose that's only one of the reasons I married a woman 15 yrs younger than myself. :)

An E-Trac... Wanted one since day dot of getting into detecting but that was about the time the Equinox came out which made it not such a good buy. Now they are cheap enough that I can probably grab a Deus as well. Hanging for a taste of that 2D target ID. Auspost is killing me though, posted from Bendigo a couple days ago and often things come direct from there, but it's taking the long way around and sitting in a Melbourne depot over the weekend. I just can't watch any more Etrac Youtube videos...

And it's here... first impressions, H E A V Y. I thought my GMT was a fattie but wow! Nevermind, know it was supposed to be. Armcuff sucks, I don't like to strap in and it's hard to swing without that, it's going to get replaced. Only just quickly tested on some targets, I can see the appeal of it for sure and can't wait to put it through it's paces. Also the iron in the soil is giving it a thrashing, wants to set auto-sensitivity to between 5-7, it's going to need some tweaking to be able to compliment the Equinox on those patches!

Thanks for the link, and yeah first thing I did was a reset. I've figured out the quick release on the strap now too, it's fine. I'm used to not having quick release on the nox. Spent more money... got a Nokta pointer off Clegy coming and found a Tyger Blade delivered for somewhat below the usual RRP, pricing error I think.

Dignit said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...8767_18e10df4-9cfe-4211-b254-f2e476943f5f.jpg

This year I have watched 7 series of alone during nightshift! Love it, that and naked and afraid, but alone is better.

Latest posts