Adelaide locations for a fun first day trying gold panning

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

My mother has loved the idea of gold panning for years, just as a fun adventure, not to score big or anything. I bought her a gold panning kit for her birthday a couple years ago and now for her birthday this year I am planning a little family picnic and first try using her panning equipment. We don't really know what we're doing, but just looking to make it a fun family day for her. I don't know much about where a good, free and legal area is that is classified as somewhere gold may be. We don't really care if we find anything or not, but I feel it's still worth it being a somewhat promising location rather than a random creek that's never been known to hold gold. I've read about jupiter creek, but it seems that's for metal detecting not panning in water. Looking for advice on somewhere nearby that would be suitable and legal.

Thanks

If you Google "gold in the South Australia" you'll get plenty of info on where to try, and the creeks will have plenty of water in them for a while after the recent rain, and I would think several of the creeks in the richer goldfields of the Adelaide hills would still have gold in them. If you P.M. Nenad, he might give you a heads up on where to try.

If you Google "gold in the South Australia" you'll get plenty of info on where to try, and the creeks will have plenty of water in them for a while after the recent rain, and I would think several of the creeks in the richer goldfields of the Adelaide hills would still have gold in them. If you P.M. Nenad, he might give you a heads up on where to try.
Give Hack's Bridge area a try between Mylor and Echunga there is a small park on the Echunga side of the bridge that has access to the river and it does hold colour well known spot worked by the old boys.

Regards, Ian.

Give Hack's Bridge area a try between Mylor and Echunga there is a small park on the Echunga side of the bridge that has access to the river and it does hold colour well known spot worked by the old boys.

Regards, Ian.
Thank you! That's very helpful, I appreciate it.

Latest posts