Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave79 said:
Looks like a winner for beach and tinny fishing at night, hopefully under a 100 bucks in Oz????

Yeah it's a nice setup, The LED's are housed behind a defused Globe shaped thing and the Lens is Clear so you don't get that Glare like you do from Raw LED's, It stands about 10" X 5" or 254mm X 125mm.

On Low @ 75L it has a range of 6m, On Medium @ 250L it has a range of 9m and On High @ 800L it has a range of 15m In All Directions so even in the low setting is will cover a total of 12m and on Medium @ 18m and on high @ 30m, I think when used Indoors these ranges would be a bit further,

IT should cost around $45 to $60 by rights or close to it, :Y:

I also ordered another Lantern at the same time which also turned up a couple of hours after the other one, I wanted a rechargable one because I have a Kero Hurricane Lamp and the Coleman that runs off of D Cells and now This one because it is rechargable so then I have 3 power source if one fails or runs out of power, It is 1000 Lumens On High and runs for 6.5 hours and on medium ti runs for around 8 hours and On Low it will run for 12 hours, I also has a Flashing mode as well, The it has another trick up it's sleeve where in any mode if you hold the On Button down it will Dim the brightness which can extend its run time even further, One really nice feature is on it Is when you press the button it comes on in the Medium mode and if you press it Once more it will go to the Low Mode which is still really bright but the low mode is a slightly Yellower Light more like and Oil Lamp but about 100X brighter which is a lot warmer in Colour not like the Very White light that the other modes have

It has lithium batteries in it are 4400mah powered by a couple of 18650's and it can also be used as a charging source for your phone or any other small Items, It stands about 7.8" high by3.6" wide OR 198mm by 97mm wide. The outer body is rubberized and they are drop tested from a height of 2m, I

The 3 light modes are very bright even more so than the Coleman one above But being able to Dim each light setting is a clever feature, and it's compact size makes it perfect for the Glovebox or other nooks and Cranny's. There are a few versions of this lantern, theres this rechargable model and then they make a lighter Green one that takes D Cells that puts out 1500 Lumens and they also make smaller versions to go in ya backpack, These can all be found on Amazon,

This one looks and feels like it's built to take the knocks,

At the moment I have it set to the Low mode which is the warmer colour mode but I have set the Dimmer to as low as it can go because they say it can run for 12 hours in the low mode but I want to see if Dimming it down extends that run time, Don't be fooled by its compact size, because this thing will light up any room in the house, The Coleman is very bright and is a smarter looking and has a nice simple switch system and has massive run times with up to 200 hours on Low and 30 hours so it really is good for those long nights without power, But this one is Great if you have access to a 1 or 2Ah USB socket to charge it.

Another couple of features it has you can remove the top half of the Lantern and there is a Carabina Hook in the Base so you can hang it up in a tent or On a Line etc and it also has the normal Handle Lanterns come with.

Any way here it is,

1629242224_my_le_lantern_2.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015ZFK...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Smoky bandit said:
Just a toy compared to some on the market but its still got all the bells and whistles.
It will work well for what I need it for.
Plus I'm a amateur.
I nearly lost it yesterday.
Thankfully it had GPS tracking :lol: https://www.prospectingaustralia.co.../1628974480_20210815_064333_copy_1024x951.jpg

Awesome mate. I got a DJI Mavic Pro a few years ago, and the GPS tracking is awesome on it. Not the core part of my job, but my work now pays me for my footage each year. Some advice (from two crashes I had early on), always check the winds, ensure the GPS home point is correct before taking off, and if the winds do pick up, fly as low as is safely possible to get your drone home. I'm keen to use mine next time I'm scoping out some rocky country. Everything looks different from above and it may be easier to sight some lines and landmarks of interest for prospecting. Good luck.

Steve Herschbach had his own company , he sold it to his employees He did come on a trip to W.A. prospecting with a detector.

He was with .... name escapes me at this time . Sorry !

aussiefarmer said:
Excellent pack Phil that will be enough to get you started, good luck just be sure to search the rules and regulations for your state.

Cheers mate. Yep, got my Miners Right and triple checked all the local laws and regs. I gotta say, I love that you can go on to a pending tenement (over here in WA) to look around and prospect. Will share if (or when) I find something.

Mike678 said:
Can't go any were , in lock down in Sydney . :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry Mike. Wasn't trying to rub salt on a wound; just thought I would mention WA, as I don't know the rules for other states and tenements/mining leases.

Ridge Runner said:
I also ordered another Lantern at the same time which also turned up a couple of hours after the other one, I wanted a rechargable one because I have a Kero Hurricane Lamp and the Coleman that runs off of D Cells and now This one because it is rechargable so then I have 3 power source if one fails or runs out of power, It is 1000 Lumens On High and runs for 6.5 hours and on medium ti runs for around 8 hours and On Low it will run for 12 hours, I also has a Flashing mode as well, The it has another trick up it's sleeve where in any mode if you hold the On Button down it will Dim the brightness which can extend its run time even further, One really nice feature is on it Is when you press the button it comes on in the Medium mode and if you press it Once more it will go to the Low Mode which is still really bright but the low mode is a slightly Yellower Light more like and Oil Lamp but about 100X brighter which is a lot warmer in Colour not like the Very White light that the other modes have

It has lithium batteries in it are 4400mah powered by a couple of 18650's and it can also be used as a charging source for your phone or any other small Items, It stands about 7.8" high by3.6" wide OR 198mm by 97mm wide. The outer body is rubberized and they are drop tested from a height of 2m, I

The 3 light modes are very bright even more so than the Coleman one above But being able to Dim each light setting is a clever feature, and it's compact size makes it perfect for the Glovebox or other nooks and Cranny's. There are a few versions of this lantern, theres this rechargable model and then they make a lighter Green one that takes D Cells that puts out 1500 Lumens and they also make smaller versions to go in ya backpack, These can all be found on Amazon,

This one looks and feels like it's built to take the knocks,

At the moment I have it set to the Low mode which is the warmer colour mode but I have set the Dimmer to as low as it can go because they say it can run for 12 hours in the low mode but I want to see if Dimming it down extends that run time, Don't be fooled by its compact size, because this thing will light up any room in the house, The Coleman is very bright and is a smarter looking and has a nice simple switch system and has massive run times with up to 200 hours on Low and 30 hours so it really is good for those long nights without power, But this one is Great if you have access to a 1 or 2Ah USB socket to charge it.

Another couple of features it has you can remove the top half of the Lantern and there is a Carabina Hook in the Base so you can hang it up in a tent or On a Line etc and it also has the normal Handle Lanterns come with.

Any way here it is,

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3775/1629242224_my_le_lantern_2.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015ZFK...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Well I have had a play with this Lantern, they say to charge it with a 1A phone Charger but I only had a 2A tablet Chager that helped speed up the process, Anyways NOTE,,, On the Low power mode they say it will run for 12 hours, So I switched it to the Low Mode which is the slightly yellower colour mode and then with a Long Press on the power button is Dimmed down, I did that 38 Hours ago and it is still running at the brightness I set it at, At that setting it is perfect for use in the Kitchen or finding the Bathroom etc and would be enough light for in Vehicle light,

I think this light is better than the Coleman one and seems to be built a bit Tougher, This one is the Rechargeable version but they also do the same Lamp that is powered with 3 D cells, So either of these are the ones to buy. Just ignore their run times because when you dim it down it will run for a real long time, :Y:

Latest posts