Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother bought me one of these Rechargable Blenders He also bought me a full on Nutri Bullitt Blender for christmas,,

It makes enough to full you up now I need to start searching for things to make with it, I have made a few Smoothies with it with Bananas and Blueberries etc which tasted ok, But atleased I am eating healthy foods,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/31340567...LVMzV5Vw6T_MBWtIuZnCn-vEqqydjXg0aAukOEALw_wcB

Got my Gold Rat 12" highbanker and Thornado pump this week. Took it out today for a play. It is a damn Beast that is HUNGRY. Put a small meter of dirt through it with good results. Dream Mat works a treat!
1627724957_user_scoped_temp_data_orca_share_media1627724858069_6827172883099933179.jpg

1627725007_received_855132651796142.jpg

I just bought these so I can fit a silver Tarp on the Van, They cost me about 20 bucks for three so I bought 2 boxes for spares this way I don't have to spend $400 on an Awning. which involves buying a Roof Rack which will chew in to the fuel Economy, So I figured this was the best Idea, These Suction Cups can hold 22kg/48Lbs each and they measure 4"/100mm across. and they have soft rubber pads so they won't mark the Duco.

They cost around 20 bucks
The Tarp cost $18.00 = 2 metres by 3 metres or 6'6" X 10 ft.
and a Set of 2 - 4section tent poles cost me about $27.90c.

1627753554_suction_cups.jpg

These arrived today ... :)
1627957419_image.jpg

I decided not to go with blueing the axe head by heating them and dipping them in oil , but now Im not sure what I should do next... as the axe head surfaces are still a little bit on the rough side with minute surface pitting
Im going to apply more rust remover and leave them for a while , then rub them back with a fine grit paper and clean with osopropanol alcohol but
Im not sure how they will turn out after applying the perma blue gun metal paste ...
1627957879_image.jpg

I like the idea of a patina look to them but not sure if the end result with fit my imagination :/

The other thing I have to consider is how to fit the handles to the heads .. Ive never done that before and I dont want to stuff it up ..

Handles from Krugers are 700mm spotted gum at $19 each x 2 plus $13 postage total $51 ..

Hand sand the end of the handle until the Axe head fits snug, then insert the timber wedge into the end of the handle and hammer home until the Axe head is tight and trim off any excess. The opening in the Axe should be slightly bigger on one side to take the wedge expansion.

Each handle should have been supplied with the wedges

i wouldn't bother with the perma blue, it wont stop it rusting, it's really only good for touch ups, it will color it but it will be dark grey.

if you want it to look really blue the only way to go is rust blue it but IMO it's not worth it.

just get it to where your happy with the way it looks and oil it.

JMO put the handles in the sun or in a dry place near a fire , may be for a week . This will shrink them as much as possible . Fit the heads . Oil with linseed oil or better still stand them in a bucket/container of linseed oil . The oil will get drawn into the wood over time . I knew an old plumber that had all his handles sitting in linseed oil and he said he never had any break . I would not put them in water , they tend to come loose .

BTW you can get a steel blue from gun shops . Used it at a company I worked for , just paint it on .

Dihusky said:
Hand sand the end of the handle until the Axe head fits snug, then insert the timber wedge into the end of the handle and hammer home until the Axe head is tight and trim off any excess. The opening in the Axe should be slightly bigger on one side to take the wedge expansion.

Each handle should have been supplied with the wedges

They didnt provide wedges ,which is a problem and the head end of the handles are not grooved to accept a wedge as well :(
Ill have to buy some or make some and then cut the wedge groove as well :/

wayne6442 said:
Today I bought my first metal detector a Bounty Hunter Tracker 1V I am 79 years old and thought that this machine would not be too complicated to use
Cheers
Welcome to the forum Wayne..

Yeah numpty Im having second thoughts with the perma blue also , might give it a try on one of the axe heads just as a test run .
If it looks crape, I can alway remove it with a bit of sanding..
Thanks Mike
Linseed oil was something I was also considering for the handles .. as Makkah said works on chricket bats so it should be ok

TBH , Im going to take my time with both the axe heads and the handles.. no point rushing things..

Ridge Runner said:
I just bought this Coleman LED Lantern, they say it gets around 200 hours from a set of batteries which is Ideal for In Vehicle use, :Y:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3775/1629075148_my_led_lantern_2.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07L8TZFCR/ref=pe_27063361_485629781_TE_item

Well the Lantern turned up today and i stuck 4 D size Duracells in it and powered it up, This lamp takes Lanterns to a whole new level, I like that it is a Knob/Switch type setup without flaming push pads,

First off its mid day here so with the curtains close I switched on the 240v table lamp that has one of them 7.5w Low energy globes in it which is more than enough to light up a 4m X 4m square room then I put the lantern on its lowest setting and at 75 Lumens it lit up the whole room and was brighter than the 240v lamp, on the Low 75L setting it will burn for 200 hours, On the 2nd setting it pumps out 250L and runs for 80 hours and On the 3rd setting it puts out 800L and will run for 30 hours,

With the Batteries in the base it feels rock solid and it has to be lent over a fair bit before it will tip over so in a Boat it would be rock steady. In a Caravan or camper the Low setting would be more than enough and the 2nd setting would light up the whole Caravan which might be too much light, The Highest setting would be like having a 4 foot Fluro in the Caravan and would be just OTT, Again On the High Setting it is On Par with a Twin Mantle Gas/Kero Lantern and is seriosly bright.

In most of the reviews you will read that people have had troubles when installing the Batteries where they can't get the bottom back on, I put that down to them not being Australian "You Little Beauty" because if you look inside the Cap there are + and - Signs align then with the batteries and slide the tube in to the hole in the middle and push Straight and firmly until the Cap touches the Base and then Twist it 10 to 20mm Clockwise and it locks in to place, Job Done, :perfect:

The Build Quality along with the Brightness of this Lantern Is pretty high and I would put it up there with that Stanley Master Series Flask I bought a couple of years ago, This is safer than a Kero or Gas Lantern for use indoors during a Power Out and safer around Kids ( No Heat ) and no fumes. :Y:

All up Guys this one is a winner and would be a Great backup for your Trips away and any other ideas you can think Of, :Y:

Latest posts