Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Mackka, thanks mate.

Completely off that topic, is someone able to share a link in the forum or advice on a handheld gps while prospecting? (Mainly QLD)

Is it a must?
Is it great for not getting lost?
Is it mainly great for adding waypoints and locations?
Best bang for buck?
Will i need 1 from the get go?
Or any other reasons?

Im sure ive missed plenty of reasons.

Cheers

Welp, 6 weeks late and it finally arrived....

And what an absolute load of :poop:

I should of made the post, today I returned for full refund

Check the advertising image compared to what I received. :lol:
Id be really pissed if it wasnt so comical.

1591670116_36e61955-9295-49c0-a667-566ce23b2c46.jpg

1591670148_6cc7ede6-d64c-4501-a6a8-d27fce0c2697.jpg

7.62marksman said:
Thats i would say is because its not an Australian company
Only an office here with an Australian email
Then everything is shipped from overseas and second rate stuff with false advertising
Well done on getting a refund

Spot on.
The blocks came in a plastic bag, not even original packaging with a big made in china sticker on it.

Like the store I ordered the eldest a laptop charger from last week. Was called the auadaptor store. Figured theyd have local stock for a quick delivery.
Received my your goods have been dispatched email and link.... very first place it hit was customs in Shenzhen, mainland China :lol:

I check where it comes from before i order it normaly under shipping and handling that way i dont get cought out (most times)
The only thing i order from overseas are crucibles from hong kong/china only because they dont last long in the furnace and they are cheap

Keitzy said:
Welp, 6 weeks late and it finally arrived....

And what an absolute load of :poop:

I should of made the post, today I returned for full refund

Check the advertising image compared to what I received. :lol:
Id be really pissed if it wasnt so comical.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...0116_36e61955-9295-49c0-a667-566ce23b2c46.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...0148_6cc7ede6-d64c-4501-a6a8-d27fce0c2697.jpg

I hate getting stooged like that. I had a look at the video they had of that product and they make it look big with close - ups ,but near the end of the video you actually get to see the real size . I have bought about 5 mp3 transmitters that you plug your usb into to play music in the car via a spare FM channel on your radio and they all look big on ebay ,but in real life the text is too small to read the song titles or any info on the display. I finally got one that is big and clear with pretty coloured flashing lights and even has a battery voltage meter on it to measure power at the cigarette lighter outlet !!!!

I am using a Garmin E trex 10 nice and compact very easy to use , always has got me back to my vehicle.
Dreadie said:

Completely off that topic, is someone able to share a link in the forum or advice on a handheld gps while prospecting? (Mainly QLD)

Is it a must?
Best bang for buck?
Or any other reasons?

Cheers

Dreadie said:

Is it a must?
Best bang for buck?
Or any other reasons?

Cheers

I am using a Garmin Etrex 10, very compact ,easy to use and it has always got me back to my vehicle.

A good relic hunting machine . The plastic nuts can come loose , so you may need to use loctite or silastic on them . The 2 half cups holding the electronics box are hard to fit with the tapered slots and the bolts only just have enough length . They need to be very tight or will fall out . It happened to me in the field with the infinium , which is the land / sea version . I taped my shafts and leads tight to restrict movement . Has found me plenty of relics . Good luck .

The gold finds be coming thick and fast now Annie. You worked out the pic thing just in time.