Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting on post but one coming with solid lid, with Blue insert, good price will do a review once it gets here
1593659296_img_20200702_130300.jpg

Going to label by find location , bit of luck I can collect some from each of the recognised workings in my local goldfeilds, which will highlight the different coloured gold that vary from bright yellows to deep orange depending on source.

Lid has been left raw to let me loose with my own creativity.

I once shared a photo of how I turned my SDC nugglets into something you could actually see by hitting them flat with a hammer.

Picked up a relic of a rolling-mill this week and now I can make the nuglets even bigger :D

Flat bit is 0.6g at 0.2mm. Why ??...... no point asking as I dont have an answer other than is was fun.
1593663687_03ece016-046f-4d94-aa4a-5133922b941d.jpg

RM Outback said:

Errrmmm..No sorry RM. I quickly looked through it and realised it was about the last area we had the meet up at. Have not read any of it so far. Some nice templates in it. I used to be a voracious reader in my youth.
I just like to collect books about certain topics.
May get Round to reading it one day.

RM Outback said:

John Thomas Lewis - satirised by a contemporary as Don John of Balaclava - experienced a remarkable rise to fortune on the goldfields, and a no less remarkable fall to penury on the mining exchanges. His mine, an unusual geological configuration, was the largest open cut gold mine in Victoria. Now it stands deserted in the scrubby pockmarked bush south of Rushworth, with scarcely a sign of the once thriving little township of Whroo, and the visitor cannot help but pause in reflection on the transience of human ambitions and mortal achievements.

Northeast said:
RM Outback said:

John Thomas Lewis - satirised by a contemporary as Don John of Balaclava - experienced a remarkable rise to fortune on the goldfields, and a no less remarkable fall to penury on the mining exchanges. His mine, an unusual geological configuration, was the largest open cut gold mine in Victoria. Now it stands deserted in the scrubby pockmarked bush south of Rushworth, with scarcely a sign of the once thriving little township of Whroo, and the visitor cannot help but pause in reflection on the transience of human ambitions and mortal achievements.

I did look it up and read part of that NE :Y:

The blurb should be on the back of the book HL, if hard cover inside the back cover.

If you're ever in Melbourne and on the south east corner of Bourke and William streets this is where the Menzies Hotel once stood. Built from some of the fortunes derived from the Balaclava Mine at Whroo, Melbourne's first grand hotel.

http://www.emelbourne.net.au/biogs/EM00963b.htm

Do your research Redfin, there are lots of Bad stills out there... Smokey's one is one of the good ones...

Smokey, do You use a different yeast at different times of the Year..ie Winter? or just use the same one all year round with a heat pad..?

I got right into it a few years ago, and made some great brews, but my mate hasn't cleaned his still for over 4yrs so I don't brew anymore and he wonders why he has stomach pains..

I haven't drank a drop of his 'poison' for a very long time.. :/

LW...

LoneWolf said:
Do your research Redfin, there are lots of Bad stills out there... Smokey's one is one of the good ones...

Smokey, do You use a different yeast at different times of the Year..ie Winter? or just use the same one all year round with a heat pad..?

I got right into it a few years ago, and made some great brews, but my mate hasn't cleaned his still for over 4yrs so I don't brew anymore and he wonders why he has stomach pains..

I haven't drank a drop of his 'poison' for a very long time.. :/

LW...
Na mate I just use the same one all the time.
Turbo yeast.
I been running a home made copper one for the last 15years and thought it was time to upgrade .:playful: :beer:

Latest posts