The Golden Triangle GT Victoria information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ozziii said:
Nearly dry up Creswick way already (Slaty Ck area), only puddles left so wont be much longer before its all gone.
Really! Wow, I was only there a month ago and it was flowing pretty well then. Are there any other creeks around there still flowing that would be worth a look at?

ballarat_gold said:
nope, no water around then. i take a dryblower out that time of year and do just as good.
Mate, I would love to see one of those in action. Do you reckon you could give me a yell next time you take it out?

Yeh mate. I wont be out till prob end of january, start of february. Im lazy and just work the creek hidden away from the main camp grounds when its dry. Its still to 'moist' for the dryblower to be effective.

ballarat_gold said:
Yeh mate. I wont be out till prob end of january, start of february. Im lazy and just work the creek hidden away from the main camp grounds when its dry. Its still to 'moist' for the dryblower to be effective.
That would be a ripper mate, I've been thinking about building or buying one, but would like to see one in action before taking the plunge.

I am wishing to spend some time camping, by the camp fire at night, and gold panning in the day. Does anyone know somewhere in the Golden Triangle in Vic where this may be possible.
Eg a camp site with option of a camp fire by or close to a river with water and a chance of seeing some colour?!
We are both beginners! And in Bendigo. Anyone have any spots to suggest?
Thanks in advance :)
Kat

I also know of a young bloke who gets out to Cairn Curren (spelling?)....he chases the feeders into the reservoir.

ballarat_gold said:
The loddons on the exempt list .. dont get caught ..

:8 ...Sorry for mis-informing, i only detect myself (tho i do have a pan for rock crushings) and wasn't aware it's a NO GO...(too late to edit above)...

Based on your post I'm guessing you can get out and about in a reliable vehicle I'm going to suggest Eldorado. Reedy creek runs from the falls at beechworth right to Eldorado township. Although the Gold is fine it's almost certain you will find it.

The vast majority of other areas I could recommend are dry diggings but during the wet open up as I see suggested above.

Cheers

Not a great time of year to head out camping.
Creswick state forest is a good place to camp and pan, but the creeks dry up when the camping is better, the creeks only flow in winter, and it gets mighty cold there.

Thanks guys for all the ideas!
Unfortunately I don't have a 4x4 at this stage so gotta keep relatively on the roads.
I know it sounds crazy to camp at this time of year, but as long as it's not bucketing down i kind of enjoy the cold and nobody about! Strange I know ;)
I'll put all these ideas past my panning partner and see what we get up to!

My wife and I will be heading down to the GT for a couple of weeks next month and are looking for recommendations on good van parks in the area.

Our van is fully self contained so we don't really need a park, it just makes it easier if we can leave the van somewhere while we explore the area.

Online reviews for GT van parks are very thin so any advice or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

GT covers a fair bit of ground mate. Whereabouts u looking at heading.? Setting up camp in Bendigo then heading to Ballarat be a 3 hour return drive. It'd be annoying doing it everyday.
Bendimago ballarat Maryborough avocaish Ararat .?

Latest posts