So What Do You All Do When........

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably not your thing, but I make journals, you know paper stuff

1533129469_image.jpg

Gary facets now and then, but hasn't for a while

1533129630_image.jpg

And we're both learning to play banjo, it's fun you can learn online and it's an awesome instrument to learn to play

1533129798_image.jpg

All great stuff to do when it's cold and gloomy outside, keeps the brain active too, actually it's all good stuff to do anytime.
Cheers Keefy, hope you find something that suits you.

It could be worse xcavator,trust me :mad:
A week before our holdays,late june,my back thats a bit dodgy went real dodgy,been dealing with it for 3yrs now,managing it but a full days detecting had become a memory,anyway 2 neuros later in perth and waiting etc,scans appointments,had surgery yesty arv,wont be detecting for 3-4 months i reckon at least ,we had 7 weeks off,the boss was looking foward to the plibara for 6 weeks,we were half packed and ready to go :mad: anyway the mens shed looks good,ive been doing some research or repairs to detecting gear or the 4x4s if i can,im hoping to be out of hospital and fly home fri,last month i think ive come close to seeing every episode of top gear ever made while laid up.
The restored Tonkas look fantastic!
Depending on where you are you could also volunteer if inclined to local soup kitchens or soup-food runs for the homeless or underpriveleged,weve done it locally off an on,really enjoy it.....

Get in the van and go North for the Winter.
Just remember to pack your detector, surf and river rods, a red wine and good book - or someone who's read one ;)

My old man aged prematurely after he retired simply because he couldn't find much to do with his time and I swore it would never happen to me. There are days when I go like a man possessed on a mission of some description and then there are days when I am amused just watching ants clean out the dog's tucker dish.

Having a shed where things just get thrown in the door and where they land is where they stay is a bonus because I am always finding stuff that I forgot I had and that usually opens up a new project.

Some days I am quite happy to go underground and sit and ponder - should I dig this way or should I go a different direction?

Jeff

AussieChris said:
Keitzy said:
Play world of tanks on the comp :)

Lol was gonna say that in my post, when all else fails World of Tanks! My old man is 73 and he plays it in his downtime, he still works too.

Its like crack cocaine

Lol nice... the older blokes in my clan are 55+.. there on everyday. Good for a laugh jumping on for a tank and talk.

AussieChris said:
Keitzy said:
Play world of tanks on the comp :)

Lol was gonna say that in my post, when all else fails World of Tanks! My old man is 73 and he plays it in his downtime, he still works too.

Its like crack cocaine

Try EVE online, steep learning curve but so much depth.

sitting here in the Anakie Caravan Park, waiting for the gem show to start, warm as toast. Doing a bit of fossicking and relaxing, wife is learning skin polishing at the local lapidary club, will probably start heading south mid Sept, probably Nundle for a cuppla weeks, then onto Parramatta for a family do. May spend the summer in the hills above Tumbarumba, then maybe Not,

life is great

ray

Gilly47 said:
sitting here in the Anakie Caravan Park, waiting for the gem show to start, warm as toast. Doing a bit of fossicking and relaxing, wife is learning skin polishing at the local lapidary club, will probably start heading south mid Sept, probably Nundle for a cuppla weeks, then onto Parramatta for a family do. May spend the summer in the hills above Tumbarumba, then maybe Not,

life is great

ray

It's tough isn't it??!! :p

goldtruck59 said:
silver said:
Watch Bob Ross.
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/VlucWfTUo1A[/video]

that was unreal silver, the guy is a wiz

GT :)
He makes it happen so easily hey.... like you just need your gear and then just start to play.
And there are lots and lots of videos that he's made too. :D (enough to be busy just watching next winter... let alone painting) :Y:

Latest posts