What do you enjoy or like the most about Prospecting Australia?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For me personally it's the unity among our members and their willingness to help others.

I think it's incredible to post that I'm heading out to an unknown area to prospect, then meeting up with several members that I've never met before and spending the entire weekend having an absolute blast while learning something new from each of them. You just can't buy experiences like that and it's what keeps me in this hobby even when I'm not finding any gold.

So what do you guys enjoy or like the most about Prospecting Australia?

You hit the nail on the head with that comment Nugget. Couldn't agree more. Its a great sense of community you and the members have created here Nugget :D

For me its all about the shared wealth of experiences on the forum and the member meet ups getting to meet new people with a shared passion for fossicking / prospecting and getting to go out into the bush for a bit of an adventure with the opportunity to hopefully make a profit from the sweat of your own efforts. :D

Both of you have hit the nail on the head. The wealth of information on here is amazing and the willingness to help out newbies by more experienced members is rare in this day and age.

Without PA I would not know half as much as I do now. Unreal all round

Cheers

I like PA because i can learn from other peoples experience which can save a lot of time and money. I have
also found a lot of information and ideas on areas to try detecting and what to look for before you start.
It is also good to find out how other PA members respect their hobby and the areas they are
detecting/fossicking a sort of PA etiquette. Over all it has helped me heaps as I am still fairly new to
this hobby.

Cheers, DD

Great leveler where it makes no difference weather you're a doctor or a garbo when it comes to prospecting. Out in the prospecting paddock everybody is seen as equal, and PA is a great avenue to unite a wide range of folk with these common interests. . To me Prospecting Australia is a unique forum where experience and inexperience are treated with equality and respected.

As an information base, nothing is better than a dedicated group with an eagerness to share knowledge and personal know how. PA and its members excel at this with flying colours...... :)

Same here Nugget, a great group of people and some incredibly inventive and talented people from all walks of life. I usually bump into a member or 3 nearly every prospecting trip and have met quite a few people from the forum I now call mates. I have learnt a lot more also about the amazing country in which we live and it's treasures.

Without you mate none of it would have happened. Thanks for setting this place up and keeping it running. :)

Great you're getting some time out prospecting also.

Heatho said:
Same here Nugget, a great group of people and some incredibly inventive and talented people from all walks of life. I usually bump into a member or 3 nearly every prospecting trip and have met quite a few people from the forum I now call mates. I have learnt a lot more also about the amazing country in which we live and it's treasures.

Without you mate none of it would have happened. Thanks for setting this place up and keeping it running. :)

Great you're getting some time out prospecting also.
What he said!! :D

If I have to make a comment it would be the same as what has been said. I can see that this Spring and Summer will be one of the best I have had for many years. :)
I used to love getting out there amongst the history that we have and gape in awe in what our forefathers did to win a living out of some of the most unforgiving ground in the world.
And to share that with like minded good people is a very sentimental thing to me.
I have been starting to think of having a PA meet some where down here on the Far South Coast to bring awareness to the good folks in the Bega Area on just what we do and protect.
Got me for life. :) :)

Doug

WalnLiz said:
Great leveler where it makes no difference weather you're a doctor or a garbo when it comes to prospecting. Out in the prospecting paddock everybody is seen as equal, and PA is a great avenue to unite a wide range of folk with these common interests. . To me Prospecting Australia is a unique forum where experience and inexperience are treated with equality and respected.

As an information base, nothing is better than a dedicated group with an eagerness to share knowledge and personal know how. PA and its members excel at this with flying colours...... :)

There's nothing I don't like. I guess the best part would be that even though we share a common interest its bigger than that. All these great Australians in the one place sharing helping laughing and getting along. Some of the best people I will never meet are on here. It's a great education and connection in one place, I think the old timers would be well proud. You've had a huge impact nugget on many lives we are all the better for your creation. You've managed to link us to our history and givenus something great for the future. Mateship is alive and thriving.

I love the social side of it, meeting up with like minded blokes is a blast, i have had many funny adventures thanks to Prospecting Australia.

Same as all of the above, but one of the more Important things to me is the apparent respect that forum users give each other. I have visited this forum and other well known Fossicking/Detecting forums for quite a while. This is the only one that doesn't have people fighting with each other online. It is thanks to decent moderators and users.

Hence the reason I joined and post in this forum.

Cheers

The guys and gals on here are great to converse with, everyone is at the same level with no egos to contend with, unlike some other forums. I like the fact that you can show your finds or share information, no matter how significant, or insignificant, and know that they will be appreciated by fellow prospectors, without fear of being patronised.

The growth of the forum over the last couple of years, is testiment to all the hard work put into it by both the administration and members alike. As they say, you only get out of it what you put into it. :)

DrDuck said:
Have to agree, it is the lack of forum politics, snark, fighting and abuse that makes this the best gold forum in Australia.
X2
All of the above.

Also that all detectors are covered whichever make and model they are. The knowledge shared by some very smart and experienced members either in prospecting, dyi, or making things from scratch. I enjoy reading about all the stories be it gold, coins, relic or gemstones finds and panning.
I got to find some time for a chance to meet some of the members and have a detect or pan or just a yarn.

Have not been here long guys, but I have had some of the best knowledge and information found right here on this forum, and the awesome crowd of all ages that are free to discuss anything they wish! I have had to buy many books, talk to new and old timers, read heaps of online info, but the responses from the gang here are so fast you could get a reply on a thread before you even press Submit. I see great potential in this well supported prospector website and will spread the word as much as I can.

I really favor the Show n Tell and D.I.Y threads that gallery everyone's unique finds and work :)
Oh! And especially love the uploaded videos!!

In some respects, prospecting is a bit of an individual challenge and a desire to get out into nature and away from the hustle and bustle that a lot of us work in. Not everyone is into it, but those that do, are usually passionate about. Its great to be able to show someone half a gram of gold or a little sapphire and they appreciate what you have done to find that, the hours of joyful digging with blistered hands and a sore back are respected and not criticised as a "waste of time".

PA for me has given me experience, and also allowed me to share my experiences with like minded members. The knowledge base here is excellent, and if you don't know something, you are not criticised for asking.