What do you do with your coin/relic finds?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've never been a member or associated with anyone else that detects in probably 35/40 years of detecting.
Been a member on here for a few weeks :Y:

I grew up in the bush in a small town in North east Victoria (Mt Beauty) and was always happy doing things under my own steam and by myself.( shooting, fishing, ferreting)
This is one of the attractions of detecting
This sounds like l might be a bit of a hermit but I'm far from that, being very sociable

I got the urge to buy a detector back in the 80's when living in Mackay Qld.

I advertised for a detector and was swamped with offers.
I bought a Whites 6000D.( long gone now)

Now back to my original question

After detecting for many years you can accumulate a vast array of finds.

I've been more than a bit of a collector of all sorts of other stuff over the years but with my coin relic finds l don't really have a display cabinet to display my finds.
I'll have to rectify that

My decent coins l give the silver a light clean with bicarb, copper coins only the minimum of cleaning and maybe a light oil and dry.
The best of the best or coins that fill a gap in the collection go into a coin holder and into an album.

Copper/Brass/Lead into a scrap bucket

What do other detectorist' do with their finds
Any ideas are welcome

Thanks Thomo

Hi Thomo,

Strangely, I have only ever found one coin while detecting. It was a 1c coin near the surface that I found in Kingower Vic. It's still kicking around in the back of the BA Falcon wagon, along with a few other bits of junk that I've found but couldn't bring myself to throw out. Mind you, I found it with a 21" x 17" Detech SEF coil, and for a while now I've been swinging an NF 25" DD X. Hardly the coil to be coin hunting with :lol:

Latest posts