Show us your camp set-up

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
started the inside.

1394615549_20140303_104948.jpg

$3k
4wd aluminum with electric brakes.
Came with a deep cycle battery fitted.
Has lift up sides and back.
I gutted it, installed a wall and have made the double size bed.
I am going to line the walls for a clean look
Build a kitchen on the other side of the wall.

1394616257_20140303_141710.jpg

Items bought and to be fitted.
Solar panel
inverter
fridge
generator
water tank and pump
microwave etc

Hopefully it will be like a little caravan

1394616315_20140303_141637.jpg

minkawilson said:
$3k
4wd aluminum with electric brakes.
Came with a deep cycle battery fitted.
Has lift up sides and back.
I gutted it, installed a wall and have made the double size bed.
I am going to line the walls for a clean look
Build a kitchen on the other side of the wall.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2173/1394616257_20140303_141710.jpg

Items bought and to be fitted.
Solar panel
inverter
fridge
generator
water tank and pump
microwave etc

Hopefully it will be like a little caravan

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2173/1394616315_20140303_141637.jpg

nice mate

are you going to use an air mattress so the bed is easy to lift up ?

little tip we can give you , install a circuit breaker fuse on the battery terminal to prevent the risk of fire.

It happened to one of our members here and their camper burnt to the ground .

ps , if you carry a genset or petrol cans make sure they are in a separate sealed compartment with a vent or two so the petrol fumes dont get inside your sleeping area , and so the compartment they are in doesnt form an explosive mix , you dont want to open a compartment door and create a spark that blows up in your face.
burns are about the worst injury you could get.
ideally you want a vent at the bottom and the top of such a compartment so the fumes rise and can escape

have fun. :)

Hi HeadsUp

"nice mate

are you going to use an air mattress so the bed is easy to lift up ?

little tip we can give you , install a circuit breaker fuse on the battery terminal to prevent the risk of fire.

It happened to one of our members here and their camper burnt to the ground .

ps , if you carry a genset or petrol cans make sure they are in a separate sealed compartment with a vent or two so the petrol fumes dont get inside your sleeping area , and so the compartment they are in doesnt form an explosive mix , you dont want to open a compartment door and create a spark that blows up in your face.
ideally you want a vent at the bottom and the top of such a compartment so the fumes rise and can escape

have fun. smile"

Thanks for the tips.

I have bought a double foam mattress, so will see how that goes, the struts will lift 6okg.

Jerry cans will be carried in the ute. The battery already has the 40amp circuit breaker and the genset, fridge is in the forward section, which will be fully sealed from the back. This wont be on at night, only when needed during the day (battery charging, microwave etc), but the solar etc will cover these hopefully.

I remember in the 2011 floods in Brissy where a young fella had a generator in his room during the rain. Poor bugger didnt have a window open and didnt make it. My missus is paranoid at even having the lawn mower petrol in the garage.

Cheers
Wayne

Still Looking said:
Looks like this will be a great project...looking forward to watching the whole thing take shape...

Hi.

Thanks

It is on hold for a couple of days....hurt my back in woolies :8

Cheers
Wayne

minkawilson said:
Hi HeadsUp

Jerry cans will be carried in the ute. The battery already has the 40amp circuit breaker and the genset, fridge is in the forward section, which will be fully sealed from the back. This wont be on at night, only when needed during the day (battery charging, microwave etc), but the solar etc will cover these hopefully.

I remember in the 2011 floods in Brissy where a young fella had a generator in his room during the rain. Poor bugger didnt have a window open and didnt make it. My missus is paranoid at even having the lawn mower petrol in the garage.

Cheers
Wayne

ouch :(

exhaust fumes from pumps is a worry too if anybody is ever digging in a hole on a day with no wind , be careful that the exhaust doesnt fill the hole and put you to sleep , even if working in a sheltered depression this could happen.

I have a 3m x 3m I bought from Bunnings about 18 months ago. They were clearing out the floor stock and I got it for $50, I talked her down from $80. It has been fabulous but only shade a shadecloth cover, didn't bother me much as I would throw on a tarp if the heavens opened. Recently my fabulous son decided it would be a good idea to put it up beside the pool when I wasn't around, he neglected to anchor the corners and of course a fabulous wind sprung up, it hurled to one side, landed on the pool fence post and hmmm, no longer pristine. The advantage of that particular gazebo was that Bunnings sell replacement covers separately. So, off I trotted and bought a new cover to fit (waterproof this time) at a cost of $60.00. So I guess whatever you decide to buy it may be nice to know you can get replacement covers and sides.

"I like to do it in luxury, satelite dish, washing machine next to the van etc ;) , this is our home but so it's all needed."

Great set up, well done. Would you care to share more information on the washing machine? Always a subject close to a womans heart and a pain without a bit of help. 8.(

Pro Quip has expanded its range of colour-coded jerry cans for fuels
Using the following colour codes

The 12 colours and contents are: red - unleaded petrol; orange - ethanol; olive yellow - diesel; bottle green - two stroke 25:1; shamrock green - drip torch; bluebell blue - AdBlue; bright blue - chain and bar oil; powder blue - kerosene; mist blue - water; pipeline grey - two stroke 50:1; black - oil; and nut brown - biodiesel.

Bernsey said:
I have a 3m x 3m I bought from Bunnings about 18 months ago. They were clearing out the floor stock and I got it for $50, I talked her down from $80. It has been fabulous but only shade a shadecloth cover, didn't bother me much as I would throw on a tarp if the heavens opened. Recently my fabulous son decided it would be a good idea to put it up beside the pool when I wasn't around, he neglected to anchor the corners and of course a fabulous wind sprung up, it hurled to one side, landed on the pool fence post and hmmm, no longer pristine. The advantage of that particular gazebo was that Bunnings sell replacement covers separately. So, off I trotted and bought a new cover to fit (waterproof this time) at a cost of $60.00. So I guess whatever you decide to buy it may be nice to know you can get replacement covers and sides.

sounds like my experience with a brand new car cover for my 'ferrari'

purchase car cover - tick

fit car cover over car - tick

sit down in the office the next day and watch the wind gusts pick up my car cover which floats up and over the factory roof and disappears 200 metres away in the distance

wave bye bye to car cover - tick

:eek:

truckietrainer said:

The 12 colours and contents are: red - unleaded petrol; orange - ethanol; olive yellow - diesel; bottle green - two stroke 25:1; shamrock green - drip torch; bluebell blue - AdBlue; bright blue - chain and bar oil; powder blue - kerosene; mist blue - water; pipeline grey - two stroke 50:1; black - oil; and nut brown - biodiesel.

i hope the places that sell these are going to have a colour usage chart stuck on the side of each one to avoid 'confusement'

thanks TT

HeadsUp said:
truckietrainer said:

i hope the places that sell these are going to have a colour usage chart stuck on the side of each one to avoid 'confusement'

thanks TT

I kinda figure that I would have my own jerry cans, filled them myself and "probably" know what was in em :)

got this 2 weeks back but it did not come with a prospecting permit.
1396727945_dscf1485-1.jpg

This is the one with a permit, if it lasts 2 more years I'll be lucky.
1396728480_dsci0210-1.jpg

condor22 said:
HeadsUp said:
truckietrainer said:

thanks TT

I kinda figure that I would have my own jerry cans, filled them myself and "probably" know what was in em :)

Yeah but my thinking is the third party phenomenon

If somebody runs up and grabs one of my ad blue jerry cans and takes a big swig of "water" I will probably be the one that has to drive him to horsepiddle and face the work cover inspector waving a fines book at me

I know a signwriter so heavy duty vinyl stickers will be applied

Re 3rd party: As a retired mechanical designer, we had one of several sayings, here's one;

"No matter how FOOLproof you design something, some IDIOT will come along and f*** it up!"

Fools can be catered for, idiots are extremely difficult.......

Even with a sticker, there are people that don't read or can't read and with our multi-cultural population, those that won't understand. Notwithstanding, "if they run up and take a swig from your jerry", that's stealing. In that event, no sympathy.

Re, the work cover fine, if you are using a colour coded jerry and the liquid is that which it is supposed to be, then you are complying with Australian Standards and the negligence is not yours. Signage is not really relevant, what is important is;

Hazardous material, left insecure by you, the negligence is then yours.

My point being that, a padlock is probably more important than a sign.

I spent 30yrs on military bases, hazardous material was in a locked cabinet for a reason. The first place to apply the same logic is in the home, re Kids.

condor22 said:
Re 3rd party: As a retired mechanical designer, we had one of several sayings, here's one;

"No matter how FOOLproof you design something, some IDIOT will come along and f*** it up!"

Fools can be catered for, idiots are extremely difficult.......

Even with a sticker, there are people that don't read or can't read and with our multi-cultural population, those that won't understand. Notwithstanding, "if they run up and take a swig from your jerry", that's stealing. In that event, no sympathy.

Re, the work cover fine, if you are using a colour coded jerry and the liquid is that which it is supposed to be, then you are complying with Australian Standards and the negligence is not yours. Signage is not really relevant, what is important is;

Hazardous material, left insecure by you, the negligence is then yours.

My point being that, a padlock is probably more important than a sign.

I spent 30yrs on military bases, hazardous material was in a locked cabinet for a reason. The first place to apply the same logic is in the home, re Kids.

yup . all sensible and i will use padlocks on mine

what i find not sensible is when a burglar is breaking in to a factory and falls through the roof and injures himself , then takes the owner of the factory to court and sues him and WINS a damages claim !

true. Forest Road , Peakhurst , NSW

hows that for a joke ?

but yeah , if some neanderthal steals a jerry can and takes a swig then he can run away in the bush and go for a smoke for all i care.

Latest posts