Reedy Creek Victoria information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pics. Youd have to be happy with that!

What are you planning next? Another trip to Reedy Creek or something different?

Yesterday was all about seeing it I could put into practice what I've learnt from here and by watching Vo-Gus and Adventure Gold on YouTube. I could of got more if I stayed in the one spot but wanted to practice reading the creek.... The plan now is to find somewhere closer to me, I'm in Cranbourne so 6.5 hours of driving is to much for a day trip... Also i need to now decide if I wanna get a river sluice, sluice with power head or mini high banker before heading back to reedy for a weekend. So many choices available

AussieChris said:
If you do some research on this forum you will find the area 200m down from Woolshed falls to Eldorado, prospecting is permitted. Some rivers on the excluded list have small areas you can prospect, but it might mean hand tools and pans only, do some research.
Thanks for that.
I would have thought that the correct place to research would be official government websites like the Parks website , but they make no mention of it , nor does earth resources.

RM Outback said:
moeee said:
7.62marksman said:
I thought this s%&$ sort of post was locked
If you can't help me with this question please refrain from posting - cheers

Contact Earth Resources and let us know what they say.
Yup - sussed out the website - they never said anything except that the river is on the exempt list.

I shall go have a look if Sutherland Creek is on the list with any provisos.

moeee said:
AussieChris said:
If you do some research on this forum you will find the area 200m down from Woolshed falls to Eldorado, prospecting is permitted. Some rivers on the excluded list have small areas you can prospect, but it might mean hand tools and pans only, do some research.
Thanks for that.
I would have thought that the correct place to research would be official government websites like the Parks website , but they make no mention of it , nor does earth resources.

Sometimes you've got to forget about Websites and actually make contact. Contact is your best tool when trying to nail down specific detail, Websites are a general source of information and aren't always up to date. Websites can waste your time and give the wrong impression. Also the date of detailed information found on this forum may be wrong (outdated) bureaucrats are good at changing detail and forgetting to inform people.

1532599030_54.jpg

moeee said:
I shall go have a look if Sutherland Creek is on the list with any provisos.
Nope , does not appear to be on the list yet apparently there are restrictions on fossicking in the creek.

Might be about time that the Prospecting Clubs that have members and potential members interests at heart get the authorities to tidy up the exempt list so that it is actually meaningful.

moeee said:
7.62marksman said:
I thought this s%&$ sort of post was locked
If you can't help me with this question please refrain from posting - cheers

It doesn't matter what is said to you, you never listen. You think you are always right.
Why not listen and learn for once in your life from the people on here that know what they are talking about.

Edit: Punctuation etc. added otherwise hard to understand.

7.62marksman said:
you it dosent matter what is said to you you never listen you think you are always right
why not just shut up and listen and learn for once in your life from the people on here that know what they are talking about
I'm sorry , I am a member of this Forum and a new member and didn't realize you were a Moderator.

Latest posts