Deep leads query within Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All, just wanted to ask for some more info on deep leads (ancient river steams/beds) around Victoria, in particular near Red Hill area, can someone advise how I can research this as I'm curious if there is much (or any) in that vicinity. I am hoping an old timer might be able to assist or someone tech savvy can shed some light on this for me.

Thanks in advance All 👍🙂

Goldierocks is definitely the best person to answer your questions. If the location your enquiring about isn't mentioned I'm sure Goldierocks will provide you/us with his detailed knowledge.
Hi RM outback, it would be interesting to hear from @goldierocks just to get an insiders knowledge as they say, let's see - fingers crossed he sees the post 👍

Hi All, just wanted to ask for some more info on deep leads (ancient river steams/beds) around Victoria, in particular near Red Hill area, can someone advise how I can research this as I'm curious if there is much (or any) in that vicinity. I am hoping an old timer might be able to assist or someone tech savvy can shed some light on this for me.

Thanks in advance All 👍🙂
Went through the Red Hill area with a mate a number of years ago looking for detecting and panning prospects. From memory He had a map that showed some goldworkings in the area but I cannot seem to find that now.
I think we got access to Dunns creek in one spot for a few unsuccessful pans. We also noted some diggings on a nearby property but generally it wasn't promising because of the large scale of private property holdings in the area.
Never to say never though, as there is a belt of Ordovician rocks through that area and maybe a careful scan of roadside reserves and cuttings for indicative gravels may disclose some elevated lead opportunities.
In summary however, if I was in the area again, I think I might spend my time at one of the local wineries.

Went through the Red Hill area with a mate a number of years ago looking for detecting and panning prospects. From memory He had a map that showed some goldworkings in the area but I cannot seem to find that now.
I think we got access to Dunns creek in one spot for a few unsuccessful pans. We also noted some diggings on a nearby property but generally it wasn't promising because of the large scale of private property holdings in the area.
Never to say never though, as there is a belt of Ordovician rocks through that area and maybe a careful scan of roadside reserves and cuttings for indicative gravels may disclose some elevated lead opportunities.
In summary however, if I was in the area again, I think I might spend my time at one of the local wineries.

Thanks in advance All 👍🙂
Geovic has the ability to show deep leads. Easiest way is to select the prospecting layer

Great summary mate, it made me grin 👍

Latest posts