Reedy Creek Beechworth water levels

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
elbowgrease said:
Just wondering if anyone that lives close by knows what the creek is looking like at the moment? Have an itch to get out and dig but with all the rain lately my guess would be its probably in flood.

Cheers
Adam

Hey EG

Yep it's way up, I'm going down there again later in the week so I'll drop a note here and let you know what I find.

Cheers

That would be really great to know! I'm heading there in the last week of Sept with the kids, and another family. Is the excess rain/water level a positive or negative thing when it comes to gold/gem fossicking at Beechworth?

Positive in the long run as the flood waters replenish the gold. Negative in the short term as you cant really fossick in a flooded creek...the best bits are under water.

Am hoping that the water will have receded in the next week and half, leaving some cleanly washed diamonds in obvious locations!

Water has been fluctuating in 1 meter swells done through the valley, i live 25 mins from the creek and was there on sunday. Water was still up and today we have had another 30mm of rain across the region so im expecting the creek to be about the same for the coming week. If the weather forecast stays true you might be able to hit some freshly deposited gravels but you might struggle all the same. Bring some waders if you have them. The water is fresh ;) .

Forcast is rain for the next 9 days in total says max 65mm
And if we get that creek will be to high to even use a highbanker near
Also live 25-35min from the creek (depending what car I'm in ;) )

Should be low enough by the end of the month as long as it doesn't keep raining !

Pm me at anytime for water heights :)

Bazz said:
Hey EG

Yep it's way up, I'm going down there again later in the week so I'll drop a note here and let you know what I find.

Cheers

Thanks mate

Would be great to know. I guess there are still plenty of offshoots worth a poke around which are normally dry, either will need to wait for a weekend with a bit better weather!

elbowgrease said:
Bazz said:
Hey EG

Cheers

Thanks mate

Would be great to know. I guess there are still plenty of offshoots worth a poke around which are normally dry, either will need to wait for a weekend with a bit better weather!

Hey EG

Didn't make down to RC, the prison matron had other ideas :eek: but most rivers in the general area are up again, but I was thinking the same, need to do a prison break and get a better look

Cheers

Hey Guys,

Any news on the water levels? I'm heading up there for a couple of days starting sunday, so am anxious to know whats going on?

Hey Parko

Thats great, thanks for the share...

I lived on Reeds way (Reedy Creek ran along the back of the property) for about 10 years and I have never seen the creek flowing like that.

Did anyone else notice that at around the 31 second mark the footage was running backwards only for a couple of seconds, but it did create a little extra strain on the brain.

Great share, thanks again

Cheers

We were up there today and yesterday water still up done a bit of sluicing today and got some gold and some smoky quartz the water has flooded every where up there .I will try and put some photos up after as we have just got back thanks lgh

This is what I found in my first pan.
Bucket feels heavier then normal hope this means there is a lot of gold ?
1475397272_win_20161002_19_25_18_pro.jpg

Not bad for one pan Little Gem Hunter, just be careful where you go everyone. The local RACV guy *won't* assist anyone who's bogged in the Woolshed. BTW there's a push on to get Woolshed Rd sealed, which may or may not be a good thing...
1475527370_screenshot_from_2016-10-04_07-28-24.jpg

Hey Parko thats a good bit of research on the rainfall events. Well done. On the RACV thing being bogged is not actually broken down and ian is more than busy enough towing vehicles to us and others that have real dramas even if it was through inattention at the bowsers :rolleyes: 8.(

Latest posts