Reedy Creek Beechworth water levels

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up mate. I wouldn't have known otherwise.

The flow can go stuff itself haha all I need is some puddles and I'm good :D

I haven't been up there in a while so it'll be interesting...hopefully my spot hasn't been hammered too much while I've been away.

Time will tell..

Thanks again

Our main man in the creek up there tells me the flow is still trickling. Dropped off a pump there Monday night and got the latest update...that heavy dump a couple weeks ago gave Reedy a bit of summer life for a little bit. There will almost certainly be water but Reedy will be looking for a top up in the next few weeks.

I'll also be there for the weekend, up by about Saturday lunch time and all day Sunday.

I was there the weekend of the Australia Day weekend which was just after the rain which was the Thursday and Friday prior to. The rain had some flow back in it but even still was still down, don't think there has been any significant precipitation since then so yeah there will be water but it'll be low.

We'll Saturday was a bit of a fizzer, got to Reedy a bit later than I had hoped maybe 4ish, the spot that I was hoping to dig had a bloke camping there working it named Barney. Had a bit of a chat, seemed like a top bloke and he was doing ok which was good to hear! Ended up trying a spot a couple hundred meters downstream but only found very fine fine gold and not in huge quantities either so after an hour or so decided dinner at the Chinese place in Beechworth sounded more more enticing than digging fairy dust sized gold and packed up the gear.

Sunday fared much better. Met up with my prospecting buddy and hit up our old faithful. Worked hard to move a fair bit of stone and work through the overburden but managed to get into some good stuff. Roughly panned down the banker cons to mostly black sands, you know you've had a reasonable day when the black sand cons look like a starry night sky. Gonna get onto cleaning it up proper tonight, be interesting to see what we got!

G0lddigg@ said:
thanks for the update elbowgrease been planning to get up that way before i shoot off to qld, hope theres still water by the time i get up

Some stretches are looking pretty narrow and pretty shallow, barely a trickle, but shouldn't be too hard to find pools to highbank from, not sure what its like right down the Eldorado end as I didn't venture that far down but I'm guessing there wouldn't be much flow at all. The upside is you can probably get into all those hiding spots that are normally under water!

thats what i'm hoping mate :) last i was there the water was really deep, i had carp hitting my legs as i waded through the water and thought to myself if the water dried up here what a spot... as long as i can get enough water to fill a wheel barrow i can recirc off that

Thanks for the update mate. Tis looking perfect...enough to highbanker with with little enough to expose some prime areas. Win win. Ill be heading up early tomorrow morn. I was supposed to go up today but was buying something I need for camping on ebay and the dude screwed me and wasn't there for the agreed pickup time. Ugh so so so very annoying.cant wait :)

G0lddigg@ said:
thats what i'm hoping mate :) last i was there the water was really deep, i had carp hitting my legs as i waded through the water and thought to myself if the water dried up here what a spot... as long as i can get enough water to fill a wheel barrow i can recirc off that
Make sure you give me a holler when that happens mate, I suspect when you head north of the border it might be a while before you come back to visit us Mexicans again. Haven't really had a proper dig together yet.

goes without saying mate,i am pretty darn sure i will have lots of business meetings down here :) be buggered if i'm going to fork out for flights when i can drive 20 hours and take a banker with me.

This is what it was lookin like this morn for anyone interested. Just barely flowing....
1456383232_imag11261.jpg

Hi all, I went out to Reedy's to look for some new spots. The water situation out there at the moment is very low, little to no flow where there is water. Although the clouds have started to build in the area so hopefully we get some water out of it. Just a quick update from a new prospector

magneticsand said:
Anyone out in the last few days? Hows she look?

Hey
went down this morning for a bit of a reccie and still very low but rain is forcast :cool: :cool:

Latest posts