Reedy Creek Beechworth water levels

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang. That's certainly a trip. Tis only 3 1/2hrs for me. Bit much for a day trip but who would want to spend only one day there so it's usually an overnight thing for me.

Had another dig on Sunday and still plenty of water (and gold), got about 2 grams and still got to finish processing my cons.

Yeah takes 7 hrs to get there 8.(
Would have to be a 2 night minimum camp mate to make it worth while

bourbon said:
Slowly making my way up to a ounce, I got a grand total of 8 grams since Xmas

Awesome effort mate. I know guys whove been going for over a year that havent cracked the 8 gs mark

G0lddigg@ said:
bourbon said:
Slowly making my way up to a ounce, I got a grand total of 8 grams since Xmas

Awesome effort mate. I know guys whove been going for over a year that havent cracked the 8 gs mark

I have been going for 18 months and be lucky if I have 2 grams 8.( I reckon your doing pretty well

That Eldorado is a tough nut. Word is you have to eyeball the places no big machine got to. 13 grams in a weekend man says that's his theory who am I to argue?

Day at eldorado mate found some 4wd tracks that showed some amazing areas. Next time itll be a bush camp for me. So much ground to cover.

I just been going to the usual camping spots and digging in the same area as everyone else but tend to target the middle of the creek, seems to pay off for me

Hey everyone,

Long time no see. Ugh, life ey... :/

Anyways, looking to try out my new highbanker (I say new, but it's a DIY job bought secondhand and I modified it a little bit) and I can hear Reedy Creek calling me. Looking to head up Eldorado way on Monday (22nd) and camping by the creek for two or three nights.

I'm hoping there will be enough water left in pools to allow for some highbanking? I haven't been out in ages so I'm pretty keen. Last time I headed there I got .65g with the AM Grubstake over a leisurely two days (that's good for me haha) so I'm keen to blow it out of the water with my new piece of kit.

Looking at the weather forecast for Eldorado it's going to be 36 degrees on Monday, 36 on Tuesday and only slightly better on the Wednesday. Ugh...might have to sit out the middle of the day and just jump into the creek bed in the mornings and evenings :| Twill be brutal, but nothing I can't handle...I'll just have to make sure I've got plenty of ice in the cooler ey.

I've only really been up there in the spring/autumn time so haven't really seen it once it's stopped flowing. I'm looking forward to seeing and getting at some places that might be harder to get to or otherwise out of reach when the water it higher. Should be interesting...assuming there's enough water to make the 3.5 hour drive there worth it that is.

So what do you think?

I was there yesterday for some test panning (bingo) as my regular spot's been badly hammered over the past few months. Reedy's has nearly stopped flowing and it looked pretty soupy below Kangaroo crossing. The Mc Evoy Tavern should prevent heatstroke nicely. While I'm at it, DEWLP are planning fuel reduction burns between Eldorado and Kangaroo Crossing this Autumn (from March 1) so check before you leave. They've been pretty slap-dash about it these past few years burning to meet targets etc.

Latest posts