Reedy Creek Beechworth water levels

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a flow of water in the creek between Woolshed falls and the first crossing. It's been bucketing rain this morning so some of that should end up in the creek. Hopefully. With a bit of luck. If the roos don't get it first.

Went out for a look today. Water is up about 1 Foot from last weekend and actually had flow. Went for a look further down towards eldorado but didn't seem to be much flow further down that way

Hoping to go up there in the next week or two.

Going from the posts I will be better to get a pump than trying to run a river sluice.

heading across there with the family on the 25 for 5 or 6 days looks like i need a hi banker ...

Usually I go down to Eldorado/Beechworth but I ran some test pans from land in the Albury area with results in every pan.

Probably a lot of other goldfields around but that don't have the same water flow as Reedy.

There was enough water for sluicing as of a few days ago. I ran a rather small sluice (AM Grubbstake) without any problems and could have directed more water to the sluice of I had needed. But that being said it changes on the daily. While I was there the water level rose up overnight, so I assume it could probably drop of just as easily.

Yep!!

Apart from being eternally lost, I had a good time and learnt heaps

Thanks LL

limpalot said:
Was at Reedy ck on Saturday, flowing pretty good. Found a little colour and caught up with Bazz, looked at some spots I had driven past and must go back for a weekend camp trip.
Cheers LL

Me too. Left home at 0400 in melbourne and was set up by 0800 near the woolshed road and long range track intersection fairly quiet up there, had a couple of people drop in, started looking for likely spots at about 1300 and eventually left for home arriving at 2100. Decided that a highbanker is the way to go in this area Good day out, sun shining, no rain, and wished my gumboots were just that little bit longer. Ken.

ken2m said:
limpalot said:
Was at Reedy ck on Saturday, flowing pretty good. Found a little colour and caught up with Bazz, looked at some spots I had driven past and must go back for a weekend camp trip.
Cheers LL

Me too. Left home at 0400 in melbourne and was set up by 0800 near the woolshed road and long range track intersection fairly quiet up there, had a couple of people drop in, started looking for likely spots at about 1300 and eventually left for home arriving at 2100. Decided that a highbanker is the way to go in this area Good day out, sun shining, no rain, and wished my gumboots were just that little bit longer. Ken.

I happened to be one of those people, was good to meet new people out and about in the creek , hopefully you got a little more of the good stuff from the hole you were working to make the trip from Melbourne worth it lol . Cheers

ken2m said:

Geez thats some dedication, haha I get the shits up doing the drive from Shepparton LOL

I think the trip was worth it Lots of fine gold about 10 - 15 pieces per pan most about the size of a thrip. Worked about 100 litres of gravel with most through the sluce and the last bit of each bucket going in a pan. I have just panned the concentrates down to 1/4 cup of black sand and gold at home and looks like a fair bit of gold. best paydirt was on the trailing end of one rock, only goes to prove that the gold is mainly in the centre of the creek/river. Cleaned out some promising looking crevices and found absolutely nothing and they hadn't been cleaned out for a while (quite hard packed). The crevice sucker really sucked.

I have done the trip to the Gold Coast in 23 1/2 hours with only 6*30 minute sleep breaks on the way, about 20 hours of driving. Left a couple of hours before dusk first break at dusk and from then on rested when needed, at dawn another break and then again when needed only thing is that you mentaly drive when you sleep the next day. Involves changing sleeping patterns for a couple of days before hand. Cruise control is a must as it removes one of the thins that you must concenrtate on. Also helps if you are a person that has no problems with sleeping when working shift work. Getting a bit old to do that type of sheite now though. Ken

Water flow is good in reedy at this time, the Beechworth hills have had plenty of early winter rain so far, so no issues highbanking its length. Definitely need waders to get to the better spots. Water is a bit dirty though so watch your footing. Water is about 10-15cm higher then it was a beginning of the month.

I can feel the pan in the hand............

.... a shake, a swirl and a jiggle, bring it on...!!!! :cool:

I'm sure the wet break hasn't effected me at all, well, maybe a little :eek: :8

Just wondering if anyone that lives close by knows what the creek is looking like at the moment? Have an itch to get out and dig but with all the rain lately my guess would be its probably in flood.

Cheers
Adam

Latest posts