Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kane,

I hadn't kept up with what had been happening at all with your show but was a bit dismayed to read your post last night.

Sorry that it hasn't worked out as you had planned and no need to apologise to us.

I automatically thought the same as LoneWolf - Prospecting Australia is the obvious name. Plenty of knowledge on here with regard to geology, detectors, treasure hunting, high bankers, panning, dry blowers, sluicing, access to land, videography, editing, photography, etc.

It would be a great way to convey land access issues to the masses and to also provide instruction around the etiquette of prospecting and improve the light in which our hobby is viewed.

And I 100% agree that I am sick of drama filled crap with staged 'issues' and planted gold. Would much prefer an instructional, scenic, 'showing the atmosphere' of what we do sort of show. A bit like the early Rex Hunt Fishing shows where he and Steve Starling actually showed you how to rig a lure or a hook, why to fish a particular corner or time of day, etc. Now we just see people catching massive fish after flying prohibitively expensive helicopters out to mother ships 200 K's offshore and the novice hardly learns a bloody thing.

I also look at the quality of video that comes from iPhones, Go Pros and the Point Of View type filming that many achieve these days and wonder if a program needs to be such a massive capital outlay?

A YouTube channel perhaps? We (my kids and I) watch How Ridiculous on YouTube. They are a few young blokes based in WA that simply drop stuff from a very large tower and smash things. They are humorous and it is interesting to see what a giant dart will do to 6 concrete pavers from 44 metres high :D They are estimated to earn between (minimum) $20,000 - $170,000 a month from that :eek: Not a bad wage for 3 young blokes with a few GoPro's and access to a tower.

I also watched a 15 yr old kid from Bendigo last night (for about 2 minutes) playing MineCraft. A stupid bloody thing that all the young kids do on their tablets. Well this kid nearly made my ears bleed from the overly dramatic, high pitched crap that he was going on with but he is estimated to be earning a couple of hundred thousand a year from that rubbish!! Apparently the more obnoxious and daft you behave the more views and subscribers you get :/ Good luck to him and I am guessing that much of it is an act and not really his personality but not my cup of tea.

Anyway, there must be enough expertise and naive ambition that we could do something as a conglomerate???

LoneWolf said:
That's how us QLD'ers catch Muddies. :Y: ... by feel, and yes they can draw Blood, but most of the time you get them with-out missing fingers

LW....

Like your style:" most of the time you get them with-out missing fingers" :lol: ;) :D

LW, can you post a pic of both your hands? :cool: :lol:

Buster Scruggs was good. Watched it on Netflix. Tom Waites played the part of the old prospector, and fairly believable the way he loamed up to the reef. A good show all up, but I just like the different stuff the Cohen brothers produce.

Still have 8 fingers, 10 toes oh and 2 thumbs... 8.( Some might be a bit bent and chunks missing, buy still got them all... Worst thing is when one grabs hold of you and you break off the claw, their Muscles contract and they really hurt, as what was shown on the show... {)

LW......

Forced myself to watch Weekend Prospector again mainly because there was nothing else on worth watching. The editing on that show is pathetic. Same clips all the time. 3 different shows now with the same camp fire in the same spot same 2 railway sleepers. They found gold ring supposedly in the beach. No close up so who knows what it was.
Not impressed.
Wish someone would do a decent prospecting reality show.

Wishfull said:
Forced myself to watch Weekend Prospector again mainly because there was nothing else on worth watching. The editing on that show is pathetic. Same clips all the time. 3 different shows now with the same camp fire in the same spot same 2 railway sleepers. They found gold ring supposedly in the beach. No close up so who knows what it was.
Not impressed.

Just follow me around and film, you'll see reality alright, lots of swearing, busting equipment, lots of drinking and a few specs of gold.

Certainly not decent, but reality.

Occasional_panner said:
Wishfull said:
Not impressed.

Just follow me around and film, you'll see reality alright, lots of swearing, busting equipment, lots of drinking and a few specs of gold.

Certainly not decent, but reality.
That would get me divorced I think following you around. My will power can be poor at times. But I'm getting better !

Ramjet said:
Gold Rush, White Water 2nd season will start airing on Discovery USA in January. Be nice to see them get some gold out of that waterfall.

if they even go back to that same spot... It was pretty dangerous! Reminds me of Dustin and Fred in one of the early seasons of gold rush digging that glory hole for months, only to give up as is got too dicey

1968falconxt said:
Ramjet said:
Gold Rush, White Water 2nd season will start airing on Discovery USA in January. Be nice to see them get some gold out of that waterfall.

if they even go back to that same spot... It was pretty dangerous! Reminds me of Dustin and Fred in one of the early seasons of gold rush digging that glory hole for months, only to give up as is got too dicey

Yes they are going back. I have seen a preview.

cool, has Carlos returned? I hope the producers have told Dustin to pull his head in. Not sure what happened to him, he seemed ok on gold rush back in the day. After a few years being away from the cameras he has returned as the single biggest knob on tv

All I can say. Is it had better improve on last season.
Dustin is a flog, and acts like a toddler.

Had the misfortune to watch the " The Weekend Prospector ", Jupiter Creek, over the weekend.

OMG, that would have to be the worst prospecting show I have ever watched. I thought Aussie Prospectors was bad, but Tommy takes bad to a new level ! :(

What a total wank ! The obviously planted 1.7 ounce nugget just gives newbies false hope, and makes it out to be an easy hobby ! :N:

I think Dave Watters has done himself a dis-service being involved with it, and hard to believe that Minelab have put there name to it ! :eek:

Rick

Could not believe the way he throws the 7000 up on the embankment like it was a stick or something no respect for a 10 k detector

what serious prospector would do that to their equipment ,,,

maybe there will be a new gold rush at Jupiter creek ? ( joking )

Latest posts