Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weekend prospector ep 1 is on now. Not a bad show, but the first segment on beach detecting will make newbies think that you can find a gold ring and then a gold bracelet without finding hundreds of sinkers, bottle tops, bits of foil and ring pull tabs! I suspect the finds may have been salted, too.

Still, all credit to someone prepared to put his hand down a mud crab hole.

Pity they didn't show filling in the hole so no one trips in it when he washed out the scoop in the surf.

Channel 63 here 7 mate

WTF if half the show was on mudcrabs I would watch a fishing show if i wanted to see that.Secondly if a mudcrab latched onto your fingers there would be Blood LOTS of Blood
DrDuck said:
Weekend prospector ep 1 is on now. Not a bad show, but the first segment on beach detecting will make newbies think that you can find a gold ring and then a gold bracelet without finding hundreds of sinkers, bottle tops, bits of foil and ring pull tabs! I suspect the finds may have been salted, too.

Still, all credit to someone prepared to put his hand down a mud crab hole.

SPOILER ALERT. Nothing specific really. Just a general observation about the current season of Gold Rush.

Been watching the latest season of gold rush. All three teams have made some pretty big blunders. Even the Viking himself, AKA Tony Beets.I find it interesting that everyone was so hard on Todd Hoffman but these more experienced guys don't cop the same flack.

waynec said:
one big advertisment

I reckon you're on the money Wayne. Such a wasted opportunity sadly.

When we started watching the Weekend Prospector I almost thought I was watching something along the lines of Russel Coight's All Aussie Adventures rather than a prospecting show. :lol:

I'm not sure I'll bother to catch that one again. It's just frustrating to watch -as most of those themed shows are nowadays.

Ah well, thank goodness for YouTube! Most of the prospecting channels on there leave these professional productions in their dust! :perfect:

Well that was a waste of half an hour, struggled to watch this episode and wont be watching another one.
The host is an absolute knob and the obviously seeded ring and bracelet was disappointing to say the least.

Daggy

yes if you find gold you never leave to go for a beer mmmm
Daggy said:
Well that was a waste of half an hour, struggled to watch this episode and wont be watching another one.
The host is an absolute knob and the obviously seeded ring and bracelet was disappointing to say the least.

Daggy

Thought I would give the show the benefit of doubt. Wrong!
Absolute crap, who are they making these shows for, monkeys in the zoo? Not even the monkeys would would watch more like throw a handful of you no what at the screen.
Laying down in the mud to catch a muddy by hand? Come on, they can take a finger off!
Then he's holding it in his hand out of the hole not moving at all. Just come out of the freezer. hahahahahhahaahah

Moving right along.

Watched it twice myself hoping it would get better second time round. Really wasnt flash at all. Poor fella was a bit nervous in front of the camera. Couldnt put a sentence together. It really was tragic. Pretty sure it will be short lived

Latest posts