Reality TV Show For Us

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When does the DWT show start? :) I'll be a watching supporter

Well said WolfAU,
One only has to look at what promoting of locations does on forums?
In Victoria a few years back the gold forums went full boar on promoting panning / sluicing & high banking in Reedy Creek.
The Creek became way more popular than ever and it was not long before hacking into the bank became common practise!
Slatey Creek Creswick has also suffered from this over promotion! Russell's Creek @ Willow Grove same fate and the trouble came from this site! :eek: :(
We are now copping flack from the green lobby after PMAV wanted access to more of the States National Parks?
The State government has been slacking off by not reviewing park management plans which expire after 15 years, this gives them a chance to restrict or exclude prospecting all together!
This will most likely occur after evidence of harm has been witnessed, one only has to head out into the goldfields and its not hard to find unfilled holes dug by prospectors. Holes dug into Creek banks etc.
Messy digging in lawned areas of parks etc.

I have found evidence of prospecting been carried out in areas where it is not allowed too? :eek: :( :mad:

I honestly can't blame the green lobby for wanting to impose harsher restrictions on the prospecting community they actually deserve it! 8.(
These days of social media are creating a platform for self promotion of ones finds and abilities!

Few realise how many lurkers drain these sites for productive locations then raid them!

There are simply too many wanna be prospectors in Australia and not enough ground, gold, coins or precious stones to support all!

Governments will side with the Green lobby and opt for protection of our natural resources from harm and abuse.

The best the newbie hobbyists can hope for is maybe 1/2 a dozen designated prospecting areas?
If you abuse them you will loose them!

DWT on a different note what a beautiful bond you
Have with your dog. Thanks for sharing.

dwt said:
Dose any one know of a budding tv producer/film maker that is interested in making a reality tv show on prospecting, fossicking, the idea is to travel to different parts of australia meeting up with PA members and filming on how, where, what they are prospecting, what tools they use, what places they look for gold and gems, coin shooting, relic hunting,throw in a camping segment, DIY section and other ideas members come up with to make it an funny, enjoyable informative programme.
I have a spare bed, seat at the dinner table, and free travel for anyone who is interested in making this proposed show.
You will need your own filming gear, and you will be on a 2/2 roster, i cant pay you to much, near on broke as it is, but hey, im willing to throw in my own coin, and anything else i can raise, so come on, lets give it a fair dinkum aussie crack. ;)

You just described my dream job, travelling Australia visiting the goldfields meeting nice folk, finding some colour to pay the bills, teaching people how to prospect for gold, building my own equipment....I'm already doing that in a small way, just not filming it :) , but I would love to make it my full time job one day.

Tige said:
Now do we have a Todd Hoffman amongst us lol!! :p :lol:

I got a guy at my work who is a dead ringer for Todd, the shaved head, the goatie to match the belly and facial likeness lol

joe said:
When does the DWT show start? :) I'll be a watching supporter
Hey Joe no idea mate but we will just have to see what pans out, not everyone is solid on the idea, but we cannot keep everyone happy, the idea for the show is the positive side of prospecting, promote the correct way to prospect, include the historical side of our nations past, try and get some companies on board like minelab, garret ect, promote some of the detecting stores and coil manufacturer's, gem fossicking, opal mining, include a DIY section, camping, 4wd, bush cooking, rangers to speak about parks and forests, so on and so on, the last thing I want to watch for 20min out of my day is a 5000 squawking its head off, I get enough of that when I'm out, or a 5 hp pump chugging away for the best part of a TV programme,
Mix it up a bit keep it interesting for all who would watch.

Swinging & digging said:
Well said WolfAU,
One only has to look at what promoting of locations does on forums?
In Victoria a few years back the gold forums went full boar on promoting panning / sluicing & high banking in Reedy Creek.
The Creek became way more popular than ever and it was not long before hacking into the bank became common practise!
Slatey Creek Creswick has also suffered from this over promotion! Russell's Creek @ Willow Grove same fate and the trouble came from this site! :eek: :(
We are now copping flack from the green lobby after PMAV wanted access to more of the States National Parks?
The State government has been slacking off by not reviewing park management plans which expire after 15 years, this gives them a chance to restrict or exclude prospecting all together!
This will most likely occur after evidence of harm has been witnessed, one only has to head out into the goldfields and its not hard to find unfilled holes dug by prospectors. Holes dug into Creek banks etc.
Messy digging in lawned areas of parks etc.

I have found evidence of prospecting been carried out in areas where it is not allowed too? :eek: :( :mad:

I honestly can't blame the green lobby for wanting to impose harsher restrictions on the prospecting community they actually deserve it! 8.(
These days of social media are creating a platform for self promotion of ones finds and abilities!

Few realise how many lurkers drain these sites for productive locations then raid them!

There are simply too many wanna be prospectors in Australia and not enough ground, gold, coins or precious stones to support all!

Governments will side with the Green lobby and opt for protection of our natural resources from harm and abuse.

The best the newbie hobbyists can hope for is maybe 1/2 a dozen designated prospecting areas?
If you abuse them you will loose them!

So now we see fit to punish the majority for the deeds of the minority do we!!
Maybe the next time someone crashes there v8 powered car we should push for a ban on all v8 on Victorian roads!!
And you can't blame the green lobby for wanting to impose harsher restrictions on the prospecting community because we actually DESERVE it....... Mate come on, last time I checked the greens don't own the bush you, I and every other voter dose.
If promoting prospecting in a safe, right way to go about extracting gold and gems is a bad thing then why do we see work safe adds, signs posted for speeding kills, why even bother with learning how to your job properly, it's simple education.
The glass ain't half empty mate, it's half FULL.

Latest posts