Greetings Everyone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings everyone,
I joined the forum 3 or 4 months back but got sidetracked reading the wealth of Knowledgeable info members have posted on this site, such a great forum!
Last year i randomly came across & got stuck into downloading tv series like Bering sea gold, gold rush alaska, gold fever etc & caught the bug - then bought my first detector in december..
The 705 gold pack. Used it over a lot of ground in the GT in prospecting mode over a couple months had me doing my head in.. bloody hot rocks!
I soon learnt i was using the wrong detector & bought a 4500 a few months ago, slowly learning how to get the best out of it.
My good mate NeoGeo, also a member on this forum has been instrumental in helping me learn my way around goldfields and geology - cant thank u enough mate.
Got my first LiL nugget a few weeks ago up around weddurburn, i yeeha'd pretty loud finally seeing my first colour after diggin a boat load of holes n bullets :) .18 of a gram! Gotta love that First nugget feelin!
Havnt had as much time as id like to go swingin for gold lately :( but im glad i hung onto the 705 :) Ive been hitting a few local parks and places in my area recently, found some interesting coins/relics which ive also developed the bug for 8.(
Hope to be able to contribute back to the forum in some way soon.

Cheers all,

Craig

Welcome to the forum Husky,

You'll be swamping the Treasure Hunting-Members Finds thread pretty soon with all the coins and relics you've been getting. Ya just gotta clean'em ;)
Glad ya got around to doin ya intro (bout time ;)) and it's a good one too.

Now we just gotta work on that NUGGET collection of yours and get it looking as comprehensive as your Treasure Finds :D :D

NG

Thank you for the warm welcoming and comments everyone, i definitely caught the bug thats for sure..
I like having the best of both worlds owning 2 detectors, gpx for camping out in the gold regions and the 705 forhunting locally when i cant get my gold hunt fix :D
Ive been improving digging my plugs in parks lately reading valuable tips on this forum so thank you to all who contribute here :D
Ill try throw some pics up soon of some of the stuff iv dug also.
Cheers all
Craig

Cheers NeoGeo, yeah i definitely gotta clean some coins, AND get crackin on the nugget tally now ive opened the account.. cant wait to get out again soon!
Catch up soon mate :)
I like ur new avatar pic also ;)

Latest posts