Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
savage bitter said:
I watched a movie on Netflix last night called THE BALLARD OF BUSTER SCRUGGS its a cowboy comedy that has story of a gold prospector which is funny and worth the watch hope you enjoy
:beer: I just signed up to Netflix last night, so thanks for the post savage, I'll look that movie up. :Y: :Y:

Yep,

I'll try to catch that over the weekend. I'n always up to watch something by the Cohen Brothers. They did O Brother Where Art Thou, No Country for Old Men, the Big Lebowski and lots of other great movies.

Apparently Ballad of Buster Scruggs is an anthology of 6 stories about the old west.

The trailer looks good...

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2PyxzSH1HM[/video]

savage bitter said:
I watched a movie on Netflix last night called THE BALLARD OF BUSTER SCRUGGS its a cowboy comedy that has story of a gold prospector which is funny and worth the watch hope you enjoy

I watched the weekend prospector and thought - could be good...

Then after a few min - badly scripted and seeded finds and reality TV once again..

Was not going to say anything as thought it was just grumpy old man syndrome ... Then I see that there may be a few others that are just grumpy old men OR is it that we can spot the obvious and have become realists...

For me I would rather see some one working hard and doing the right work and come up empty handed; than a suss swing / no pinpointing and a super shallow scoop to find GOLD.

Bloody insulting; but may be that is just me and a few others... The majority of Joe Public out there think it is a bloody great show - Do not know what the world is coming to.

Wishfull said:
Yes he is hamming it a bit. Still it's still early days yet. I think as he had a Minelab guy there showing him the ropes he's more likely to get serious now seeing he's actually dug some gold. Time will tell.

The Guy assisting in Cairns was next to useless... Not sure if they swapped detectors but was sure he had a ML 705 and a DD coil... Would have been much better off with a SDC2300... Or an Etrac or CTX3030 if they were serious about promoting ML products.. Opps teh NOX finds gold where others can not LOL.

May be a tad better at some point ( other trailers are just as bad) but over all = crap.. Not going to put aside 30min to bother...

That's how us QLD'ers catch Muddies. :Y: ... by feel, and yes they can draw Blood, but most of the time you get them with-out missing fingers... Or you just use a bent piece of steel rod with a hook bent on one end.... It appears he broke off the claws before pulling them out... and that is not a good way cause they can't fed till they grow back....

I have better things to do than watch that crap again... Lost me...

LW....

AngerManagement said:
I watched the weekend prospector and thought - could be good...

Then after a few min - badly scripted and seeded finds and reality TV once again..

Was not going to say anything as thought it was just grumpy old man syndrome ... Then I see that there may be a few others that are just grumpy old men OR is it that we can spot the obvious and have become realists...

For me I would rather see some one working hard and doing the right work and come up empty handed; than a suss swing / no pinpointing and a super shallow scoop to find GOLD.

Bloody insulting; but may be that is just me and a few others... The majority of Joe Public out there think it is a bloody great show - Do not know what the world is coming to.
agree that is what I saw to fake tv agaim

I can't even bring myself together to watch it.
The idea for the show was mine, but greedy people took advantage of me not being able to be there. (Dew to working in Darwin).
So took my idea, tried to make it his own, I got told I didn't have enough experience, then gets in someone who has no clue on prospecting, go figure.
I'm sorry that the show is crap, was not my fault or idea for the show at all
It was supposed to be more like a fishing show but for prospecting.
So everywhere the show was filmed you could go.
If we could find gold there, then so could you.
But everything is detecting,
No panning, sluicing, nothing on gems
Noodling for opals.
So once again, I'm sorry
Cheers Kane

XIV said:
I can't even bring myself together to watch it.
The idea for the show was mine, but greedy people took advantage of me not being able to be there. (Dew to working in Darwin).
So took my idea, tried to make it his own, I got told I didn't have enough experience, then gets in someone who has no clue on prospecting, go figure.
I'm sorry that the show is crap, was not my fault or idea for the show at all
It was supposed to be more like a fishing show but for prospecting.
So everywhere the show was filmed you could go.
If we could find gold there, then so could you.
But everything is detecting,
No panning, sluicing, nothing on gems
Noodling for opals.
So once again, I'm sorry
Cheers Kane
No need to apologise to us XIV.Just another case of some greedy so and so taking someone's great idea and taking all the credit.Were these greedy people,people you would have classed as friends?

No worries Kane, :poop: Happens... You explained your self before when You said you were away in the NT....

Same thing happened down Glen Innes way, A fellow I know very well had a simular idea, but on Gem Fossicking... Was 'Partners' with this fellow, filmed 2 'shows' and next minute He took off to the USA with the 2 episodes... And has never been seen since... :mad:

Left my mate with a 15min Trailer... :mad: :mad: That trailer is now on DVD... :brokenh:

LW.....

Keep your chin up Kane and keep your dream alive just do it better than the pretender :Y:. I read your previous post about being shafted and I'm sure that caused you some pain now use their failing to your advantage if your up for it. I like the initial concept and would love to see you bring it to reality.

With them already burning some of the bridges, for major sponsors, it would be hard to find the funding to do it.
I could always open a go fund me page, but that's like asking everyone else to pay for someone else's dream.
Just to put the 8 episodes together and pay for air time on 7mate was a touch under 70k. That's without making anything else to live on, on time away from working life.

I'm not going to give upon the idea for the show, and going to have to start from scratch, on sponsors.
I took nearly 12 months before we where ready for the camera to even come out
I'm open to all ideas.
If anyone has any ideas, please fill free to contact me.
And can't use the name, "The weekend prospector"

I could use the name " Prospecting Australia" and have people from here help out on the show.

So what would you call your show if you made it?

I love watching Aussie 4x4 shows, mine kings etc etc but they are never informative, just an example I was watching a 4x4 show and they where talking about permits you need in the place they were nothing about how much it costs nothing about where to get it, its the same with prospectors (the TV show) and most gold shows. Talk talk talk would be nice to learn new stuff (how to) etc not just drama if I want drama I'll just walk out my front door
Well that's my 5cents worth time to feed the 1month old :Y:

Latest posts