Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day fellas, I'm a bit new here, but I was taking a look around and found a few criticisms of the brilliant Aussie Gold Hunters television series and I really have to say that they are totally unfounded.

Some blokes on here are a little uninformed on how fantastic that series is and I thought I'd set them straight.

madtuna said:
Rick Fishers...firstly, punch that camera man in the face for not giving you a lift when they nicked your battery. Truth be told he probably nicked it himself.

For starters mate, clearly that camera man was travelling in the same car and he bravely continued filming even as he was facing an uncertain night trying to survive in the deadly Australian desert bushland.

madtuna said:
Secondly, sell your detector and take up Macram or finger puppetry or some other safe stay at home type hobby. You're an outback statistic waiting to happen.

If everyone gave up and sold their detector at the first sign of trouble, we'd never have even heard of the Goldfields in the first place. And it's plenty safe in the outback, all you need is a backpack with a built in water bottle and some mozzie spray and you're set.

madtuna said:
..and editing needs to be scrutinized a bit better too on occasion. Same hole - different nugget, and I'm not talking 2 nuggets from the same hole.
And you know it's bad when you can pinpoint the nugget from the comfort of your lounge chair long before they even did the scrape.

The editing on this show is exemplary, it is so good that it has inspired me to take up the art of detecting only in the last year. You can't beat that quality, it is certainly much better than that opal hunters show. And of course you can pinpoint the nugget before they even had a good scrape, everyone knows there are more sunbakers out there just lying around than you can even find underneath the soil!

madtuna said:
Entertaining show but it's a comedy.

This is one of the greatest shows I've ever come across, and that's saying a lot. The inspiration has been incredible, and previous to this series I had no idea there was so much gold just waiting around to be snapped up, it's so easy I may just set up shop out there and not come back!
:pickshovel: :cool:

i am ready let it rip

1539772385_56.jpg

Hi GoldMagnet308,

"This is one of the greatest shows I've ever come across, and that's saying a lot. The inspiration has been incredible, and previous to this series I had no idea there was so much gold just waiting around to be snapped up, it's so easy I may just set up shop out there and not come back!"

The Finders Keepers shop in Kalgoorlie is for sale, go for it. You won't even need your camelback and the nuggets are laying everywhere in the shop. Plenty of drones to use and learn how to edit as well. :goldnugget: :Y: :pickshovel: :beer:

Cheers

Doug

Ps, going by your avatar, you aren't a gun toting dog shooter are you? Thought you might get along with madtuna.

I've gotta say, that's a hell of a first post! Let's see how well it's received.
It's a pity I haven't watched the show to join in the fun!
Maybe he works for the show???

The popcorn's popping now... :)

this is going to be good. Madtuna probably had some of the guys from the show on his place. (correct me if I am wrong on that MT)

Have a few friends on that show and yep Shaker some of the filming was done on our station.

Rockhunter62 said:
The Finders Keepers shop in Kalgoorlie is for sale, go for it. You won't even need your camelback and the nuggets are laying everywhere in the shop. Plenty of drones to use and learn how to edit as well.

Thanks for the advice Rock Hunter, I have already cased the joint at Finders Keepers and I reckon I can do better. In fact I have. Been one year in the game and have already paid for a round trip to Saudi Arabia to meet up with my Sheik mate who collects Kangaroo ears as trophies. He was around these parts a few months back and he says he got a great score.
I could use a couple drones to fly up and follow me around detecting to catch the greatness on tape for everyone to see. If you have a spare one send it on over and I'll fill it up with gold hunting tutorials since I have already learnt all there is to know.

madtuna said:
Hes obviously taking the piss.....out of me, the show or both.

I am certainly not taking the piss madtuna... that show deserves an emmy for every season and it obviously took some great geniuses to bring it all together. I have of course surpassed their expertise already but you can not blame them for trying.

madtuna said:
some of the filming was done on our station.

Sounds like your station is the place to be then mate, maybe I'll mozy on down there and make a couple hundred thousand with my Z detector, after all it's all crown land and that means I own it, I wear a crown whilst sitting back on the couch watching A.G.H. and sipping on a crownie truth be told.

Ah ahaha joke is on me!
Please let me introduce Jeff who also lives here now and some of you have spoken to on the phone.

Unbeknown to me he was sitting at the other end of the table winding me up Typing this crap, full of hints I didnt pick up on.

Great first post Jeff!

Now unbeknown to Jeff, that beer he just finished Id been using as an ashtray for the last 10 minutes....I win! :Y:

madtuna said:
Ah ahaha joke is on me!
Please let me introduce Jeff who also lives here now and some of you have spoken to on the phone.

Unbeknown to me he was sitting at the other end of the table winding me up Typing this crap, full of hints I didnt pick up on.

Great first post Jeff!

Now unbeknown to Jeff, that beer he just finished Id been using as an ashtray for the last 10 minutes....I win! :Y:

well done Jeff. I think you got a large fish well and truly :perfect:

Aww... I was looking forward to a good slanging match! I popped that popcorn for nothing... But good one! :)

Latest posts