Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nugget said:
Ramjet said:
I made an error. Actually re watched one of the off season specials. Wrong file name.
Currently watching the real episode 1 of the new season. There is also a new episode of 'the dirt'. A look behind the scenes.
In the new season Dakota Fred and Justin take one last attempt to reach the bottom of Jack's glory hole on Porcupine Creek.
Going to be a good season.

That's what it sounded like to me, I was going to say something but then thought, nah better not :lol:

Its the way they name the files. I watched season 5 episode 1 which is a crock.
The real one is season 4 episode 6. Not really correct as the previous 5 where off season specials.
Had nothing to do with being exhausted from the weekend and too much coffee.
Yes that's my story and I'm sticking to it :D

Good to see the Hoffman crew are sticking to form. Bloody stupid to hold up the whole operation because the dozer needs a new fuel filter! Carry some spares.

Interested to see what's at the bottom of the glory hole.

It's alright mate, I had a good laugh.

I'll check out the first episode of season 5 in the next day or so, so we can compare notes.

It's a wet day here. Looking through the TV guide and saw a couple of interesting shows on today.
At 10 am on Gem there is 'Eureka Stockade'
1 pm on TEN is a show called GEMS. All about Australian gems stones and the people who mine them etc.

I'll be taping them to watch when I get time.
Thought I'd post it for anyone interested.

Rod

Why are they raising the not Eureka flag?

From Wiki
General public interest in the Eureka Stockade is a thing of the relatively recent past, and the Eureka flag used in the 1949 motion picture Eureka Stockade starring Chips Rafferty and associated promotional material was not five stars arrayed on a white cross, rather the free floating stars of the Southern Cross, as per the official Australian national flag; the original specimen was not put on public display until 1973, and was only irrefutably authenticated in 1996 when sketchbooks of Canadian artist Charles Doudiet sold at auction, with the practice of the custodians snipping bits off and giving them to visiting dignitaries still going on within living memory.

Since becoming the custodian of the Eureka flag the Ballarat Fine Art Gallery has searched for the reported second flag in response to public inquiries without success.

In 1949 they didn't really know what the flag looked like!

Ben78 said:
Why are they raising the not Eureka flag?

From Wiki
General public interest in the Eureka Stockade is a thing of the relatively recent past, and the Eureka flag used in the 1949 motion picture Eureka Stockade starring Chips Rafferty and associated promotional material was not five stars arrayed on a white cross, rather the free floating stars of the Southern Cross, as per the official Australian national flag; the original specimen was not put on public display until 1973, and was only irrefutably authenticated in 1996 when sketchbooks of Canadian artist Charles Doudiet sold at auction, with the practice of the custodians snipping bits off and giving them to visiting dignitaries still going on within living memory.

Since becoming the custodian of the Eureka flag the Ballarat Fine Art Gallery has searched for the reported second flag in response to public inquiries without success.

In 1949 they didn't really know what the flag looked like!

Interesting info.
Thanks Ben.
Looking forward to watching it when I get home.

Another snippet, the film was filmed at Blind Creek which is near Glendonbrook/Mirannie just out of Singleton.