Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that we encourage downloads. AAAARrrrrrr Me hearties!!! skull and cross bones (if you know what I mean)

Balx said:
I have changed my tune, I find Todd inspiring, Sure he makes heaps of mistakes but only cause he is having a crack, Instead of getting destroyed by the GFC in 2008 he got out and had a go, Organized a TV show, got investment money, got the equipment up there and gave all his unemployed struggling mates a job, got Freddie and Dave on board and found almost 1000 oz in a season, As for moving it all to Sth America how many of us would undertake that??? I give him Kudos. Nothing ventured nothing gained. So easy for all of us to sit back and cut him down thinking we could do better, but we cant or we would be?

What Todd has achieved is truly inspiring as you rightly point out...doesn't make him any easier to watch though :p

You are absolutely right Balx. You have to give him credit for having a go. I suspect he makes more money from the show than from gold. Every season they get new equipment, cars, etc. that would not be just from selling the gold they mined so hardly a reality.
When you watch the after show interviews he seems really awkward but he is no actor. Good on him to have a go and making this show. I certainly enjoy watching it like the rest of us.

Just watched 1st 3 episodes of Under the Ice season 2 - There are only 2 series mining teams here ,Shamrock & The Clark the others are oxygen theives. BUT I do want the agro Scott to do better , couldn't do worse though !
That idiot Vern or whatever is just like the clowns in Jungle Gold

loamer said:
Just got the first series - any reviews?

I am now officially sick to death of that kok Hoffman and his stupidity. Parker ? get a life - give the chick the good news and move on - and the equally annoying Bering Sea numpties, especially that bloody opera singing, precious 'me gen' Emily and her stupid tree hugging alternate lifestyle dill of a father. (love the Wild Ranger boys though - they are real blokes). rant complete!

Hey Loamer , Yukon Gold. Bering Sea & Gold fathers were the best , besides Gold Rush. The rest are crap , worst being Jungle Gold

headbut said:
Just watched 1st 3 episodes of Under the Ice season 2 - There are only 2 series mining teams here ,Shamrock & The Clark the others are oxygen theives. BUT I do want the agro Scott to do better , couldn't do worse though !
That idiot Vern or whatever is just like the clowns in Jungle Gold

I loved last season where agro Scott kept going on about talk is cheap and only results matter.
Then his results are pathetic.
Vern and Steve... Head shake.clowns.
In the first season of under the ice there was another team of young guys who just put in the hours and got the results they deserved.
Shame they are not back this year.

That Steve is on another planet , he winges he has outlaid $35,000 + runnings costs , yet he gets out of bed at mid day WTF :eek:

headbut said:
Hey Loamer , Yukon Gold. Bering Sea & Gold fathers were the best , besides Gold Rush. The rest are crap , worst being Jungle Gold

Goldfathers is certainly worth a mention - had a few different things to see from the usual formula.

Marked said:
headbut said:

Goldfathers is certainly worth a mention - had a few different things to see from the usual formula.

1385596748_durant.jpg

I'm a get ma 15%, cause thats the going rate, heh heh he

Nugget said:
Marked said:
headbut said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3/1385596748_durant.jpg
I'm a get ma 15%, cause thats the going rate, heh heh he

Yep-that was one character that put a bit of a smile on the dial :)

I think I may have been confusing both Yukon Gold, and Goldfathers in my previous comments - I watched them both in quick succession some time ago. Anything with the shiny stuff seems to make my brain go into the automatic la-la-I want some gear...as long as you can put up with the droning narrators and every bit of footage being shown at least twice during an episode you should get something of value from them...

Just watched GR s05e06 - "oh boy" Todd - 8 weeks in a jungle and no gold :eek:

Has anyone checked out Gem hunt? If i had too deal with him it would surely end in violence, BUT in saying that I got hooked and watched 7 in one night, hahah.

Balx said:
Hasv anyone checked out Gem hunt? If i had too deal with him it would surely end in violence, BUT in saying that I got hooked and watched 7 in one night, hahah.

Havent seen that one Balx. I'll check it out. Thanks.

One called 'Prospectors' all about gem and crystal mining. Its ok too.

Ramjet said:
Balx said:
Hasv anyone checked out Gem hunt? If i had too deal with him it would surely end in violence, BUT in saying that I got hooked and watched 7 in one night, hahah.

Yeah I love prospectors, well more correctly I love that indian looking chick, hahahahaha

Balx said:
Ramjet said:
Balx said:

Yeah I love prospectors, well more correctly I love that indian looking chick, hahahahaha

Fair call too :D

Latest posts