Planning to visit Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t sleep near water, midgees with make you scratch like a junkie, pack some antihistamine just in case you don’t want the worst 2 week or more weeks of your life
Thank You for taking the time to post arrived 0n Wednesday and for sometime I was a little lost no phone and no
replies from people that i was looking at trucks to purchase. And then my knight in shining Armour Michael
Gary (aka @winning wilf ) arrived safely in sunny Perth on Wednesday and I've made contact with him by phone to help guide him through the numerous issues of coming to a new country and setting himself up for a 12 month grand tour travelling, sight-seeing, prospecting, meeting locals and also catching up with his relatives who live in the Eastern States. There's plenty to organise!

Any WA members who'd be interested in helping him get started here in the WA goldfields, please contact me.
Michael Bless your heart

Welcome to Australia mate, don't be too concerned about our native flora & fauna.
What you have to be wary of is the low lifes out there who wouldn't bat an eyelid ripping you off and taking your money.
Have slept on the ground in a swag numerous time in the WA outback when I began prospecting in early 80's. You leave the snakes, spiders etc alone and you will NOT have a problem .
Ignore the TV shows etc that thrive on sensationalism. eg: Big birds And sleeping by water shown in earlier posts.
Definitely get information from reliable departments, don't listen to hearsay.
Australia is/was a great country but going down hill rapidly if you are not careful selecting who you deal with.
Good luck and hope to see a pic of your first gold find.
Cheers & a few beers,
Thanks for taking the time i was a little lost for a day or so had no phone had no replies from chaps with trucks
i was looking to buy but thank god Michael was there to put my mind to rest and all is good now. Looking at a truck
in the morning hopefully will do the job and get out on the road. And I cant thank you enough for your post . and believe me
Compared to the uk you live in the best Country on the planet id give my right arm to live in Australia. Cheers

Don’t sleep near water, midgees with make you scratch like a junkie, pack some antihistamine just in case you don’t want the worst 2 week or more weeks of your life
Agree with that warning especially for the warmer parts. Telfast is a good non drowsy antihistamine.

Hi members first id like to wish you a happy new year and being in Australia i know you will. I was lucky enough to visit Australia for Christmas 2000 with my family and loved every minute
now i find i have the privilege to visit again this time on my own. id like to use prospecting as a reason to travel all over Australia. Especially the out back i plan to spend
12 months prospecting and visiting as many towns and sites as possible. But I think if i was lucky enough to find someone able to steer me in the right direction it would be very beneficial.
I have done some research and Know were to purchase all my prospecting equipment but i will also need buy a truck with everything one needs to survive the out back and im pretty sure im
not going to find something that doesn,t need some sort of work or adjustment to suit my needs im pretty good with my hands but thats no good with out having tools. I was hoping
to do a lot of camping but would not be able to sleep in a tent on the ground as im petrified of spiders. But im good with everything else i think. So I Thank you for taking the time to
read this and maybe becoming good friends. Best Regards Wilf
Some handy info you can refer too.
https://www.police.wa.gov.au/Your-Safety/Outback-Travel-Bushwalking-and-Prospecting

Hi members first id like to wish you a happy new year and being in Australia i know you will. I was lucky enough to visit Australia for Christmas 2000 with my family and loved every minute
now i find i have the privilege to visit again this time on my own. id like to use prospecting as a reason to travel all over Australia. Especially the out back i plan to spend
12 months prospecting and visiting as many towns and sites as possible. But I think if i was lucky enough to find someone able to steer me in the right direction it would be very beneficial.
I have done some research and Know were to purchase all my prospecting equipment but i will also need buy a truck with everything one needs to survive the out back and im pretty sure im
not going to find something that doesn,t need some sort of work or adjustment to suit my needs im pretty good with my hands but thats no good with out having tools. I was hoping
to do a lot of camping but would not be able to sleep in a tent on the ground as im petrified of spiders. But im good with everything else i think. So I Thank you for taking the time to
read this and maybe becoming good friends. Best Regards Wilf
More handy info;
https://hemamaps.com/blogs/trip-essentials/hema-s-guide-to-outback-travel-and-survival

winning wilf

this is the best mapping system for you mobile phone, https://trilobite.solutions/maps/ it cost buggerall compared to other things you will need

also get used to using the Tengraph for WA, https://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/Tengraph_online.aspx which is a great asset to show what ground is available to prospect on and which you need permission like getting a 40e to go on that type of ground

cheers dave

Latest posts