Planning to visit Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi members first id like to wish you a happy new year and being in Australia i know you will. I was lucky enough to visit Australia for Christmas 2000 with my family and loved every minute
now i find i have the privilege to visit again this time on my own. id like to use prospecting as a reason to travel all over Australia. Especially the out back i plan to spend
12 months prospecting and visiting as many towns and sites as possible. But I think if i was lucky enough to find someone able to steer me in the right direction it would be very beneficial.
I have done some research and Know were to purchase all my prospecting equipment but i will also need buy a truck with everything one needs to survive the out back and im pretty sure im
not going to find something that doesn,t need some sort of work or adjustment to suit my needs im pretty good with my hands but thats no good with out having tools. I was hoping
to do a lot of camping but would not be able to sleep in a tent on the ground as im petrified of spiders. But im good with everything else i think. So I Thank you for taking the time to
read this and maybe becoming good friends. Best Regards Wilf

its not my eye sight you need to be sure of

creepy crawlies at night, wild animals stalking ya... dont wear perspirant or headphones!

be careful of scorpions when digging!
Are my posts going out to everyone or just the one im replying to. Anyway
But im Petrified of Spiders So my Tent is going on the roof of the Truck

its not my eye sight you need to be sure of

creepy crawlies at night, wild animals stalking ya... dont wear perspirant or headphones!

be careful of scorpions when digging!
I can see your going to give me Nightmares

I Think it would be a good idea if i take sometime to see how this platform Works
good day Bigl hope you dont mind me posting to you but i dont seem to be able to post to all.
i can post to you because im posting reply ? iv arrived in perth and trying to sort a truck out
and having contact on the forum is going to make life so much easier. cheers gary

good day Bigl hope you dont mind me posting to you but i dont seem to be able to post to all.
i can post to you because im posting reply ? iv arrived in perth and trying to sort a truck out
and having contact on the forum is going to make life so much easier. cheers gary
Looks like BigL has been banned so he won't be able to answer.
All members can see your posts & you can reply to anyone else's posts though. (as per above you replied to your own post).

Gary (aka @winning wilf ) arrived safely in sunny Perth on Wednesday and I've made contact with him by phone to help guide him through the numerous issues of coming to a new country and setting himself up for a 12 month grand tour travelling, sight-seeing, prospecting, meeting locals and also catching up with his relatives who live in the Eastern States. There's plenty to organise!

Any WA members who'd be interested in helping him get started here in the WA goldfields, please contact me.

Hi members first id like to wish you a happy new year and being in Australia i know you will. I was lucky enough to visit Australia for Christmas 2000 with my family and loved every minute
now i find i have the privilege to visit again this time on my own. id like to use prospecting as a reason to travel all over Australia. Especially the out back i plan to spend
12 months prospecting and visiting as many towns and sites as possible. But I think if i was lucky enough to find someone able to steer me in the right direction it would be very beneficial.
I have done some research and Know were to purchase all my prospecting equipment but i will also need buy a truck with everything one needs to survive the out back and im pretty sure im
not going to find something that doesn,t need some sort of work or adjustment to suit my needs im pretty good with my hands but thats no good with out having tools. I was hoping
to do a lot of camping but would not be able to sleep in a tent on the ground as im petrified of spiders. But im good with everything else i think. So I Thank you for taking the time to
read this and maybe becoming good friends. Best Regards Wilf
Welcome to Australia mate, don't be too concerned about our native flora & fauna.
What you have to be wary of is the low lifes out there who wouldn't bat an eyelid ripping you off and taking your money.
Have slept on the ground in a swag numerous time in the WA outback when I began prospecting in early 80's. You leave the snakes, spiders etc alone and you will NOT have a problem .
Ignore the TV shows etc that thrive on sensationalism. eg: Big birds And sleeping by water shown in earlier posts.
Definitely get information from reliable departments, don't listen to hearsay.
Australia is/was a great country but going down hill rapidly if you are not careful selecting who you deal with.
Good luck and hope to see a pic of your first gold find.
Cheers & a few beers,

Welcome to Australia mate, don't be too concerned about our native flora & fauna.
What you have to be wary of is the low lifes out there who wouldn't bat an eyelid ripping you off and taking your money.
Have slept on the ground in a swag numerous time in the WA outback when I began prospecting in early 80's. You leave the snakes, spiders etc alone and you will NOT have a problem .
Ignore the TV shows etc that thrive on sensationalism. eg: Big birds And sleeping by water shown in earlier posts.
Definitely get information from reliable departments, don't listen to hearsay.
Australia is/was a great country but going down hill rapidly if you are not careful selecting who you deal with.
Good luck and hope to see a pic of your first gold find.
Cheers & a few beers,
Don’t sleep near water, midgees with make you scratch like a junkie, pack some antihistamine just in case you don’t want the worst 2 week or more weeks of your life

Latest posts