Looking for some friends

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course you don't have to go 4WD. A good friend of mine recently purchased a new Toyota Hiace and tows the quad bike on a trailer. He's found that the new Hiace is too low to the ground but there are other vans around with better ground clearance. I have a Mercedes MB100D setup with a fridge and water tank. I have a couple of small aluminium ramps so that I can slip the Honda 250 quad in the back. Most gold prospecting areas can easily be accessed by 2WD and the quad gets you the last few kilometres to be right on the patch. It consumes about 9L diesel per 100km.

If I go with the wife we take the big Isuzu 4WD motorhome and tow the two quads in a covered trailer behind. On my own I'm quite comfortable in the little Merc.
Sweet but living in the uk i dont get much chance to go off Roading And i wont to look Cool when im on The beach Pulling someone
Out from getting stuck in the sand 🙏 😎

Can i just say if Anyone is kind enough to send a post to me and it looks like Im not grateful Because i haven
Replied I Apologise my typing is so slow its Pathetic I would never be so Rude so please be Patient with the newbe
👍👌

That's right. The 40e permit will allow you access to 10 graticules on an "E" (exploration lease). You would find a visit to the Mines Department in each location very helpful. They can advise you on legally accessible ground and help you through the 40e permit process. The miners right is available online I think but you might need a local address for that. Once you have it you can access Tengraph, our online mining portal where you can print maps, make 40e applications, research gold producing areas and more.

The WA mines department personnel are very easy to deal with and very helpful.
Thanks i know were that building is

Of course you don't have to go 4WD. A good friend of mine recently purchased a new Toyota Hiace and tows the quad bike on a trailer. He's found that the new Hiace is too low to the ground but there are other vans around with better ground clearance. I have a Mercedes MB100D setup with a fridge and water tank. I have a couple of small aluminium ramps so that I can slip the Honda 250 quad in the back. Most gold prospecting areas can easily be accessed by 2WD and the quad gets you the last few kilometres to be right on the patch. It consumes about 9L diesel per 100km.

If I go with the wife we take the big Isuzu 4WD motorhome and tow the two quads in a covered trailer behind. On my own I'm quite comfortable in the little Merc.
Philip My way of Thinking was once id purchased a truck something like a nissan patol and Then Knowing what I needed
Planning a visit to Pros/Patch To get Everything. And then Whilst I was in Kalgoorlie I was going to see the Local Lads The ones iv seen on tv
And ark them to make me up a Large Bracket to fit on the Back of the Trucks tow bar So I can hook the Motorbike on. The one they Will Hopefully
find for me I Wonted to do it that way so im not towing a trailer Or a Quad so I can go off roading and not have to worry about it.
And all the time making new Friends. Does That sound Feasible to You. Im hopping to do a lot of Miles I have Nowhere to leave anything
So I need to make the Truck as slimline as can. And If I start and End my Adventure in the same Place Maybe I Can Hire a Proper Tool kit
From my Newist Friends. Please Tell Me The Floors In My Plan Cheers

Perhaps you are over planning it. You are heading into unknown territory so if you put too much into it and get it wrong then you have a lot to try to put right. If you start very simple with the minimum for accommodation and prospecting gear and then add to it as you see fit it might save you a lot in the long run. Some people buy a awful lot of gear and never use most of it.

hit me up if you land in Sydney wilf
Some places you could look for vehicles
Pickles auction
Caresales.com
FB market place
Simple rig could be a 4x4 with a roof top tent then and add a 12volt ref LPG gas bottle and stove etc
Thanks im definitely having a roof top tent And i may look at The Auction I know you get
more for you money. Thats an idea If i able to sele at an Auction that makes life so much
Easier Id be able to keep the truck Right up to the time i have to Leave. Thanks

Perhaps you are over planning it. You are heading into unknown territory so if you put too much into it and get it wrong then you have a lot to try to put right. If you start very simple with the minimum for accommodation and prospecting gear and then add to it as you see fit it might save you a lot in the long run. Some people buy a awful lot of gear and never use most of it.
I Agree with what your saying Maybe I should Spend sometime around Kalgoorlie get my Roof tent and my Detecting gear
and then try and book a gold tour if I can. do they work all year round The detecting is a reason to travel all over the out back
If i Dont get to the gold for a Couple of weeks no harm done. And my New Friends can Wait.

WW, If you land in Perth and get yourself setup with a miners right and a bit of camping gear in a vehicle......

keep in mind, I've already shown you what weather to expect.....

I'm only a few kilometres (650km and 8 hrs) north on the Great Northern Highway,,,,

I don't do gold tours but I live right behind the caravan park. You could pop up here for a few days and I can show you a few things like the best navigation apps, some of the gear we carry like detectors, picks, gloves, PLB etc. I can give you a rundown on the 40e system and perhaps help you submit your first one. Then there's always that bit of gold out there just waiting for us, I'm sure we can at least find a few small nuggets.

However I'm always busy and this time of the year I don't usually venture far from home.

If you're staying at caravan parks you'll be ok with the Nissan. You'll need a change of clothes and somewhere to sleep.
Plus your detecting gear.
Don't forget a first aid kit.

But if you're going remote you'll need a trailer for a lot of extra gear you'll need.
like;
A PLB.
Extra fuel.
A tool kit in case the Nissan sh..s itself.
2 spare wheels in case you get staked.
Repair plugs if you get a flat tire.
100 litres of water.
Some sort of toilet. I dig a hole myself.
A gas bottle for cooking + a gas burner + pots & pans.
Enough food for 1 month.
A gas / electric fridge.
A gen set is essential to charge up a flat battery, + 5 lts of petrol. just in case.

Not enough room in the Nissan for all that.

Wilf MB has made you a pretty generous offer and probably non could be better. MB lives daily what many here dream of. Also could have you fitted out without having to sell your first born to do so. I'd just roll on up to WA and feel your way, that combined with help offered you won't have a problem 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍
MB good stuff 👍👍👍🏆

If you're staying at caravan parks you'll be ok with the Nissan. You'll need a change of clothes and somewhere to sleep.

But if you're going remote you'll need a trailer for a lot of extra gear you'll need.
like;
A PLB.
Extra fuel.
100 litres of water.
Enough food for 1 month.
A gas / electric fridge.
A gen set is essential to charge up a flat battery, + 5 lts of petrol. just in case.

And a jump start pack, on top of that the cost of replacing a battery or two (auxiliary is highly recommended) is a good idea.

Definitely number ONE on your remote travel list is a PLB (Personal Locating Beacon) You won't get a better offer than the one from Moneybox. All the best when you do get over here 🍻

WW, If you land in Perth and get yourself setup with a miners right and a bit of camping gear in a vehicle......

keep in mind, I've already shown you what weather to expect.....

I'm only a few kilometres (650km and 8 hrs) north on the Great Northern Highway,,,,

I don't do gold tours but I live right behind the caravan park. You could pop up here for a few days and I can show you a few things like the best navigation apps, some of the gear we carry like detectors, picks, gloves, PLB etc. I can give you a rundown on the 40e system and perhaps help you submit your first one. Then there's always that bit of gold out there just waiting for us, I'm sure we can at least find a few small nuggets.

However I'm always busy and this time of the year I don't usually venture far from home.
Philip Thats Extremely Kind of you. Thats the Aussie Hospitality I Remember I Would have to Insist On Paying you for your Generosity
And id Love to Find Some Gold. but its Not the be all and end all so Maybe We could get You Some gold to remember me by. But dont hold
your breath :mad: Thats Very Very Kind Of You 🙏👍 Cheers Gary

Wilf MB has made you a pretty generous offer and probably non could be better. MB lives daily what many here dream of. Also could have you fitted out without having to sell your first born to do so. I'd just roll on up to WA and feel your way, that combined with help offered you won't have a problem 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍
MB good stuff 👍👍👍🏆
Thank You. What can I Say Only Bless You

like;
A PLB.
Extra fuel.
100 litres of water.
Enough food for 1 month.
A gas / electric fridge.

Thank You. Iv was going to get a Garmin Montana 680t for Navigation And yes Thinking about it When
you make a list like that It alot of Gear. Thank you for Thinking of someone no the Other side of the World 👍🙂

Gary,
You should consider yourself very lucky, in a day you have gone from receiving a knock back from one of the most inexperienced posters on here with very little form in the way of finding gold (read said posters history from previous posts) to getting an offer of assistance from one of the best on this forum.
Must of been your lucky day!
I wish you all the best in your upcoming adventure

Gary,
You should consider yourself very lucky, in a day you have gone from receiving a knock back from one of the most inexperienced posters on here with very little form in the way of finding gold (read said posters history from previous posts) to getting an offer of assistance from one of the best on this forum.
Very Kind of you My Adventure is as much about making new friends. My detecting is like a excuse to see all of Australia
and having fun. but if im going to be this Lucky i may come home with a Fortune. 👍 👍 Cheers
Thank You. Iv was going to get a Garmin Montana 680t for Navigation And yes Thinking about it When
you make a list like that It alot of Gear. Thank you for Thinking of someone no the Other side of the World 👍🙂

Gary,
I hope you got My post it would not post

Hi.. do you think as I will be flying in to Perth instead of it being mid March make it a bit Later to give it
Time to cool off a bit or will a few weeks not make much difference. And I hope i can get a truck Good enough
that it wont take a Dump on me I know you have to be Prepared it not a game out there and i Certainly Dont
Wont To be Featured on the 6 o.Clock News. And i know il Probably not even find enough gold to cover my
Fuel but for me its the experience im looking forward to. So maybe when im in your neck of the woods i can
take you out for a few Fosters 👍 Cheers

Latest posts