NSW Bushfire advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I no longer donate to associations as they have all become too picky with what they are prepared to accept and what they don't want.

The ones that come door knocking have created a very well paid job for themselves, approximately only 15% of the money gets to the recipient country and out of that 15% how much actually gets to the people that need help.

Charities have become almost as big a scam as some of the more widely reported scams eg. the Nigerian scam or the ATO scam.

Sorry if this sounds harsh and heartless, but I will willingly personally give to someone that genuinely needs it.

Got to Tathra today and the house is fine.
Any thing to do with appeals for Tathra is tightly controlled.
If you search the Bega District News,
You will find the Mayors appeal pages.
Be back online properly in about a week as I have a lot to do
Thanks Heatho. :Y:

Hi Doug

I am glad you and your family are safe
My prayers are with everyone of Tathra

Brings back memories 8.(

Take care
*GIVES Doug a HUG*

Regards
Jen & Mike

Little Eldorado wanted me to let you know Doug that the people of Goulburn are thinking of you guys at this time.His school (Goulburn East Public School) had a casual clothes day to raise money for the people of Tathra.He reckons they raised $320 with more money to count.Fantastic little school with only about 100 kids.

WOW. :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:
I am sitting here speechless about that.
I nearly reckon I should ring the school and do a video Thank You.
I am so glad to see the young people of tomorrow showing their willingness
to help out a fellow person in trouble.
If the rest of the world showed the same amount of compassion that the
children in this school has shown, It would be a much better place.
As a lot of you know, I have 3 children with Cerebral Palsey and the way
that people have gone out of their way to help us put's me in tears as I type
this out.
We are one of the fortunate ones in Tathra that we have not lost our house or
prized possessions.
Just a fridge and freezer of food.
And that was donated back to us by the people that look after our boy's through the
day.
If I do not get to it in time,
Could you please pass on my deepest humblest thanks for the students for their kind,
generous support to the people of Tathra.
Also, The Tathra Public School was not damaged in the fire.
That gives me an idea also. LOL
Thank You.
Doug and Family.
And the people of Tathra Community.

Good to hear that you and your family are safe and that your home has survived. I saw the Tathra fire on the news but only just saw this thread, there's only a couple I check regularly.

Thankfully no lives were lost though the community has obviously taken one helluva hit.

Wishing the people of Tathra all the best on the road to rebuilding their lives.

Just got back from a week in the bush and heard about the devastating fire. Glad that you and your family are OK. Be happy to help out in any way, particularly through an organised appeal.

Heard on the radio this morning that people were evacuated thought they said Ulladulla anyway not good what surprised me is it's the middle of August 8). Hope everyone is OK and the situation improves quickly. If this is a prelude for the coming fire season nows the time to check and service any fire fighting equipment repair /replace as needed.

The wind is the problem down this way, its been terrible since midnight last night and they just cant get them under control, they think they have, the wind picks up and off it goes again. Got evacuated from my work site today due to the one at Bomaderry which has been out of control for hours, they contained it about an hour ago and the winds picked back up and off it went again. Have never seen so many fire trucks in my life as I did today, and what a fantastic job they are doing.The fire down at Milton/Ulladulla is still out of control and burning fast. Obviously not helping how dry it has been down this way. Hope everyone is safe and ok

Jaros said:
Hope you stay safe down there, coz I think that would be the worst way to leave this planet.

I agree, I could not think of anything worse.... 7.62 and I both live a fair distance from the fire so all good there, only been a shed destroyed so far according to the fireman I spoke to, so very lucky so far. Just need this wind to go away so they have a chance of containing it for good

RM Outback said:
Heard on the radio this morning that people were evacuated thought they said Ulladulla anyway not good what surprised me is it's the middle of August 8). Hope everyone is OK and the situation improves quickly. If this is a prelude for the coming fire season nows the time to check and service any fire fighting equipment repair /replace as needed.

yeah its certainly come early this year no rain doesn't help either

Jaros said:
Hope you stay safe down there, coz I think that would be the worst way to leave this planet.

yeah im a bit paranoid about fires especially ones out of control family members didn't make it out in the 2009 black sat fires and I witnessed it burning at the time as well I remember it quite well flames 30 or so meters above the tree tops one huge part of the great dividing range was a red glow at night. so I try to get the word out early to anyone I know if there's a fire near them.

PS cleaning up dead and scrubby bush early this year.

Thanks HTY.
Fire is situated North of Bega in very rugged terain.
Expecting a Southerly Change to push it back on itself .
Wind has dropped right off so it will give the firies a chance
to suppress it enough to stop it.
Here is a site for a quick look for any fires in your area.
Half of Australia is on fire.
https://sentinel.ga.gov.au
Stay Safe Folk's.

Latest posts