Milparinka / Tibooburra area NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am able to send and receive private messages on here but notice your profile does not allow. Suggest you to "Forum Support" to learn how to enable messages. Then I can provide some information.

Crank the SDC up to 4 or 5 (EMI permitting), turn your threshold down to 3 or 4 and listen for those faint wobbles in the headphones! Make sure you scratch away at anything that sounds funny, turn a ground noise into a target. The SDC loves shallow ground, so surfaced areas are good, or around the edges of old diggings. Best of luck!

Hi all I will be in tibooburra around 3rd week of august if you need help were to go pm me your ph number regards Steve

steveo1 said:
Hi all I will be in tibooburra around 3rd week of august if you need help were to go pm me your ph number regards Steve

Interested Steve and may do that! Im an extreme newby, no detector but happy to come out to learn and dig holes in return

Still on track for Tibooburra. All being well Skyhawker and ballina1 will be going via Bourke while steveo1 will be going via Broken Hill.

My wife and I are heading up to Tibooburra via the Cut Line at the end of July. Really looking forward to it.

Got permission from one of the EL holders and will get permission from one of the stations to camp and detect on their land.

We are only going for 2 weeks so will miss you guys, but may meet some other members up there?

Oh yes, fly mesh is already packed.

Detectist said:
My wife and I are heading up to Tibooburra via the Cut Line at the end of July. Really looking forward to it.

Me and my girlfriend will be up there end of July also, we are operating his and hers SDC's ... might see you up there.

Cheers

Darren and Myriam

Ballina1 and Skyhawker have just returned from Tibooburra. Awesome place. So much ground covered with white quartz pebbles it looks like it just hailed there. Dry as a bone. Got on to some gold in the last few days of our trip after wasting 5 days at Evans Gully for zip. Locals told me that the best time to go is when it has rained and starts to cool down during the day. So, Autumn after heavy rain to expose more gold. Locals won't really tell you (exactly) where to go so you have to try different places until you hit a patch. Found 2 small patches on the last 2 days but once cleaned out there was no more to be found (until after it rains again). Also found a few bits in another spot thanks to guidance from Brett. Spent the week with Skyhawker, his lovely partner, his dad and 2 friends. Great company! Spent the last day in a spot on the common with Ray and Gina, fellow members of Prospectors Home Club, Parramatta, who were also great company. Only got 17 bits this trip but I'm looking forward to going back.

steve01 lost your number so not able to call.

No gold for 5 detectors over 5 days at Evans Gully. I score 17 bits from Nuggetty Gully, Easter Monday and the Common over the next 2 days. Not a bad introduction.

Latest posts