Milparinka / Tibooburra area NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure have. Lovely spot this time of year. There was a mouse plague last time I was there though, you have to dance around while having a pee at night time to stop the buggers running up your legs :eek: . Still some nice gold being found out there.

DD

Thanks DD, did you stay at the standard campsites or found your own site? I'm in Bourke working for a while so we plan to go there for a couple of trips
Bill

Been there many times mate...getting a bit harder these days as many of the best spots have now got exploration leases on them, and some are off bounds to the public. In saying that there is still some good gold to be had (though mostly small) and the outskirts of the popular spots is where you want to concentrate. It's probably the most "User Friendly" detecting spot in all of NSW, and the gold is only a bonus if you head out that way...the scenery is nothing short of breath taking especially around the Warratta Ranges. Cheers Wal. :)

Thanks Wall, any info is good :) Is there any place other the popular sites, mt Brown for instance, that can be got to?
Bill

Hi Bill

Headed out there for the first time last year and Wal is right it is gorgeous! Found a few bits out there in the common and on a private property that you can get on for $10 a day. Found a 12g bit on there in an area that has been thrashed so you've just got to be lucky. Thinking of heading there in June for a look again.

I'd take Wal up on his offer, he seems to be a bit of an oracle! ;)

Mick

My local PMAV branch had a group outing there & most found some colour I recal.
Haven't been there my self but told its a great spot

Hi All, Does anyone no if the area around warratta creek flats is under the EL for the area. I have found a map that it looks like it may be the boundry of the lease but its not quite clear. Cheers Darren

Anyone got an oppinion on whether Gumvale station or Mt Stuart station are showing better results. Cheers Darren

Hi all,

Darren, I've never been out that way so I cant really comment, but its on my bucket list of places to detect :)

Jim & Kerrie

G'day

I believe most of that area is under current EL to a company called Awati Resources. Check on Minview. Once my 10 posts are up I'll post a pic if you're still unsure.
I'm heading up that way for a few weeks next month :D

Cheers

Chimpy

Hi Guys, Ive spoken to the stations in mention and they charge $15 dollars per day to detect and are ok for me to have my bikes out there as well (very dry at the moment). So i'll give Mt Stuart a go first as it is only about 10 km out of town to the grounds. Can also camp anywhere on the property we like, Good times. Cheers Darren

Hi all,

Darren, watching your trip with interest mate, let us know how you go please? What type of metal detector do you use?

Jim & Kerrie

Hi Darren,
I have been out to Mt Browne three times and done well, but as it is now a no-go zone, I would like to go to one of the spots you mentioned. Could you please post info on contacting the two stations.
Thanks a lot and good luck out there,
Jig.

Hi Lads and Lasses, Jim i run a GPX 5000 And am acually taking the sluice out to run some creek dirt for a try out, we have a system to resirculate the water we have.
As for contact details i got from the lady at the town info center Gumvale Station(Craig and Tracey) 0880913555 and Mt Stuart Station (Mark) 0427005635 Cheers Darren

Latest posts