Milparinka / Tibooburra area NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did 10 days up there last year for 41 bits, neighbours stayed for 7 weeks and pulled over 1000 nuglets (up to 4 grams). My best was 2g walking onto common from campground. Time on ground is your answer.

Ol'codger, sorry to hear that you missed finding anything. Deflates the soul when that happens on a trip. We have been a few times to Tibooburra and have alway left happy. We are heading up again tomorrow and will be there for a week or bit more. We have tried ona station and but mostly just detected the common as close to town. We only detect a couple hrs a day as that is all health will allow.
Secret there is just low and slow. It is mainly tiddlers, the best we found up there was a 3.5g nug.
Will see how we go this next week or so.

Re-reading my saga I sound like a grumpy old Mexican! Good luck travelergold, I left plenty for you. Wal & Liz, don't you luv em'?

There is plenty of gold still to be found all round Tibooburra , thing is to use other methods to score besides detectors .

Hope to catch up with Travelergold next week , be good to get his impartial opinion of how I do using a 2019 model JackWinder ;)

Have Fun
Jack .

Jack, looking forward to catch up with you. Leaving in morning and be there friday. Easy trip up.
Ol'codger, no not grumpy, just sometimes you just luck out. Always next trip. So walnliz have been there, wonder how they went. They always seem to do ok.

See you next week Wally , can you describe your vehicle so I can Find you ?
I will be with 2 dudes one who looks like a cage fighter ' no hair and mean looking :)

Cheers
jack

I also had trouble finding but when I slowed right down and hugged the ground success followed
Cheers
Brett

Does any one know if its now free to detect in Tibooburra or not ? Just doing some research to decide which way to head north after this covid drama passes.

no u got the two stations and the common they charge a fee station are about 15 bucks a day and the common chargers about 10 or 20 bucks month i think

Planning a trip to tiboobarra

I'm planning to stay at Gumvale station I've done some research , but cant seem to find the exact size of property for Gps locations, it may take in a couple of DP , maybe have to wait until ill get there, also one family member will be using a gold monster but not sure whether it will be useless due to ground mineralisation , any help will be much appreciated.

Latest posts