Heatho's Equinox Madness 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit a spot this morning with the Goldienox where I got my day's record total last year with the CTX which was about $105 in three hours, well the Nox didn't dissapoint today either and the sportsfield had replenished very nicely, managed just over $100 in 2 hours 45 minutes. The remainder I found at Freshie Beach yesterday, also got a junk ring a junk earing and the strangest find to date which is a christian skate punks necklace..... :eek:

1523853554_img_20180416_142257.jpg

1523853554_img_20180416_142405.jpg

1523853554_img_20180416_142459.jpg

Danny13 said:
silver said:
It's gunna be called P.A house.... just around the block from your place Heatho !
]:D :lol: :lol:
Hahaha yeah or the Headquarters :D
Be like a drop in centre for itinerant detectorists too.... plenty of hunting to go round !
What's that Heatho.... ya live in Perth. :eek:

silver said:
Danny13 said:
silver said:
It's gunna be called P.A house.... just around the block from your place Heatho !
]:D :lol: :lol:
Hahaha yeah or the Headquarters :D
Be like a drop in centre for itinerant detectorists too.... plenty of hunting to go round !
What's that Heatho.... ya live in Perth. :eek:
Yeah a shack out the back and a couple of couches to crash on , would be like one of those surfing docs except for detectorists :D

Stru said:
Well done heatho, you digging many scrap targets or reckon youve got the gold coins sorted? I havent!

Getting a fair bit of trash on the beaches Stru as I'm digging most targets hoping for gold, I'm getting a good feel for ditching beer bottle caps and leaving them but some are impossible to pick such as Corona caps.

Todays effort was a trashy park so I was only really on a goldie cherry picking mission, I got very little trash today as the goldies really hit hard in a certain way I've found.

My settings are slightly adjusted from the standard Park1, all I've done is turn the recovery speed up to 7 and adjust the tone break3 down to 18 from 20. The reason I turned up the recovery was because in heavy trash the nox was getting mushy between close targets where as 7 seems optimum and gives each target it's own tight discrete signal even if numerous and very close together.

The tone break I moved due to wanting to hear 50% silver sixpences as a mid tone and not a lower one mixed up with trash. That has also helped to isolate goldies better too in my opinion as some $2 coin signals go between 19 and 20 TID, some $1 coins are between 22 - 23, but most are 21 - 22. Anyway I'm getting great success easily cherry picking goldies out of pretty heavy trash areas.

Heatho said:
Detectorist said:
Has to be a soccer field right? Don't see the rugby or AFL guys walking around with bum bags dropping coins ;)

Rugby league field. :Y:

Not many of them in Melbourne, but there is one 5 mins down the road.

I know where I'm going tomorrow :Y:

Gemvale said:
Couldn't stretch the budget for the equinox (regretfully) settled for the G2+.

Looks like a need to keep saving to upgrade sooner rather than later.

dont be too sad mate :).. i got a g2+ that will only leave when its dead :).. there are places the nox ju st simply wont be able to hunt due to it poor emi capabilities,and that g2 will, and at full gain!, as my mate found out when we were hunting around buildings with inverter aircons..the nox was inoperable in that environment,the g2+ was at full gain and picked out 50 bux, he borrowed my spare machine and plucked 20 odd bux,which the nox couldnt help him with..so use that g2+ and you will easily pay for a nox quite quick :Y:

Latest posts