Heatho's Equinox Madness 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was about a 3 hour hunt, there is a park and a beach there. Must have been nearly 500 people there each day over the long weekend. I did the park and the beach, the beach isn't very trashy but the park is a shocker, maybe 30 beeps per swing in some spots there....... Nox doesn't discrim the trash too well but it does pick the good tasrgets amongst it. Looking for low conductive gold rings at this site would be impossible, I've found a few bits of silver jewellery there and silver coins as their signals will jump out of the noise of the trash.

Heatho, I see that as far as discrimination goes the Equinox has a three star rating and the CTX a five star one. Do you agree?

What a load of unverified bullshite

I have only proven the NoX as being capable of pulling one star ;)

1522875942_image.jpg

rocketaroo said:
It will pay for itself quick enough. Nice hunts.

Thanks mate, it's a pretty good detector, I'm having fun with it. A bit like a watered down Deus, I think you'd like it though.

Goldpick said:
Goldie man strikes again! Talking about a non-stop resource of spendables. :Y:

Cheers mate, I just keep going to all the busy spots I know, sometimes they have replenished, sometimes not. I've hit all my spots hard this summer. :)

Was down at a beach in Manly this morning giving my friends son his first detecting lesson and a bloke popped over to say g'day and offer the young bloke a few pointers and to have a chat, it's really amazing who you meet while out detecting sometimes. The bloke is a mermber here on the forum and said his name is Bob Hillier, I thought hmmmmm, that rings a bell, he then went on to tell me that his brother was Kevin Hillier, the man who found the Hand Of Faith gold nugget. What a nice bloke too, was nice to meet Bob. :Y: :Y:

Now that is gold! :)

Went for a swing at Queenscliff beach this morning, was a very mixed bag, from a pair of earings to a pair of cufflinks, it's actually the first time I've ever found a pair of anything. Managed to get a silver ring and some sort of piece of gold, at first I thought it was a copper stud but it's marked 9ct with Britannia stamped on it too. Oh yeah also found a Tramadol tablet still in the packet lol...... :D

Anyway, the good thing is the Nox scored gold. :Y:

1523424391_img_20180411_151414.jpg

1523424392_img_20180411_151429.jpg

1523424392_img_20180411_151534.jpg

1523424392_img_20180411_151602.jpg

Getting some good results from the Equinox Heatho, must be nice swinging something so light for extended periods. The cufflinks are pretty fancy, wonder how old they are (maybe not too old by their condition). :)

Goldpick said:
Getting some good results from the Equinox Heatho, must be nice swinging something so light for extended periods. The cufflinks are pretty fancy, wonder how old they are (maybe not too old by their condition). :)

The light weight is good with the Nox, I don't get a sore shoulder from swinging it but I'm really missing using the 17 inch coil for big areas of beach. I'm going to get the CTX out over the next few days as I've got a pretty good grasp on the Nox now. Looking forward to the 15" coil being released. I dunno though, I still think the CTX is a much better detector but the Nox is very very capable.

Not sure about the cufflinks, they are plated and the gold is wearing off so they possibly could have a bit of age to them.

Heatho said:
Went for a swing at Queenscliff beach this morning, was a very mixed bag, from a pair of earings to a pair of cufflinks, it's actually the first time I've ever found a pair of anything. Managed to get a silver ring and some sort of piece of gold, at first I thought it was a copper stud but it's marked 9ct with Britannia stamped on it too. Oh yeah also found a Tramadol tablet still in the packet lol...... :D

Anyway, the good thing is the Nox scored gold. :Y:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1523424391_img_20180411_151414.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1523424392_img_20180411_151429.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1523424392_img_20180411_151534.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1523424392_img_20180411_151602.jpg

WOW I did not find anythin at Queenscliff, Victoria :mad: !

Heatho said:
Goldpick said:

The light weight is good with the Nox, I don't get a sore shoulder from swinging it but I'm really missing using the 17 inch coil for big areas of beach. I'm going to get the CTX out over the next few days as I've got a pretty good grasp on the Nox now. Looking forward to the 15" coil being released. I dunno though, I still think the CTX is a much better detector but the Nox is very very capable.

Not sure about the cufflinks, they are plated and the gold is wearing off so they possibly could have a bit of age to them.

Great hunt Heatho.

My opinion on the nox is that its not as good as the ctx in certain area's , for me comparing the 2 machines , the nox does not locate targets as deep as the CTX (on the beach anyway) , thats both in dry sand and wet. However it seems to hit just as deep in the water . ID numbers fluctuate considerably on good targets in the water though, its just a case of dig everything in that scenario. Discrimination is poor - a 3 star rating is generous . Discrimination ability with the CTX is great and deserves it's 5 stars. Emi can be an issue with the Nox , where the CTX does not have this problem. The Nox is light weight and has a longer battery life which is I why I have been using it - you dont wake up the next day with a sore shoulder or back. It's unmasking ability is a definate advantage. I have not used it in the parks or fields or gold detecting , so I cant comment on those areas. All in all the nox is a great back up to the CTX for what I do :)

Dan

Latest posts