GPZ7000 19" coil GPZ19 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outback said:
Have members posts been removed who were not happy with this coil ?

Cheers
outback .

Absolutely not mate, I'm leaving both sides of the story. I have deleted a huge amount of irrelevant posts that were off topic and a whole heap of negative sentiments from non-owners, such as whinging about the price and the like. We are totally unbiased here and I'm just trying to keep the thread posts to people who actually own a zed and a 19" coil and any non owners that can post a proper report about performance on the thing.

I had quite a few reports from people getting upset about all the good info getting lost in among all the irrelevant posts.

Outback said:
Thanks Ridge Runner ,

Were they removed because of a admin decision , or other reasons ?

Be good to hear all users opinions , hope you agree :)

Thank You .
outback

"Users opinions" is the catchphrase here, good or bad those opinions will stay I can assure you. Non users opinions are not really needed in this thread unless they can post some useful information.

Heatho said:
Outback said:
Thanks Ridge Runner ,

Thank You .
outback

"Users opinions" is the catchphrase here, good or bad those opinions will stay I can assure you. Non users opinions are not really needed in this thread unless they can post some useful information.

That's where you wrong, ML see all of us as perspective customers, and non owners views are based on not wanting to get shafted, Some one has just tested this coil on larger Gold and only saw a 7.14% depth increase Not 30%, I think that kind of info is important to PA members,

Yes that info is important - so is the fact a 22% increase was seen on specimen gold!
No doubt more testing might reveal it does actually better the magical 30% mark everyone has gotten fixated on. It's an average - an up to claim & nowhere does it say a definetive 30% on ALL targets. Initial testing doesn't look good but it's early days & air tests aren't what I'd be putting a lot of stock in. Real in situ targets are the only way to test both coils properly IMO.
Funny how all the haters come out of the woodwork now. Won't be long until the actual users with factual information won't bother to give us the real important info like actual use in the field results!

Ridge Runner said:
Heatho said:
Outback said:
Thanks Ridge Runner ,

Thank You .
outback

That's where you wrong, ML see all of us as perspective customers, and non owners views are based on not wanting to get shafted, Some one has just tested this coil on larger Gold and only saw a 7.14% depth increase Not 30%, I think that kind of info is important to PA members,

Mate ya make me laugh as firstly information is only important if it's correct ?.................... on another forum if you read the 7 pages of mostly drivel and many statements that have left the posters blatantly liable it almost makes one ashamed to be associated with this hobby.
You use the word "shafted" as in ripped off ? I ask you how with so many of the people claiming to be ripped off being VERY seasoned operators yet don't have the ability to have made an educated decision before buying ? The easy solution could have been to sit back and at least wait until the coil had been out in the real world for awhile and then choose to buy or not ? There are even complaints on how heavy it is ? How long has the weight of the coil been known ?
Non owner ? yes I'm one as have been waiting for two main reasons ....................... firstly to see how the 19" coil was marketed as in if it would be included with a machine or not? Offered as an option with a machine ? Or the machine could be purchased with just a 19" coil? The other was to see results from the coil after it had been out for enough time to prove it's worth ?
Not rocket science just what I do when I'm spending my bucks.
Hope it all works for those who have spent their money and I await further feedback from users
:)

Ridge Runner said:
Heatho said:
Outback said:
Thanks Ridge Runner ,

Thank You .
outback

John, you have been harping on about exactly this for a while now and I really don't need to be told why you think I'm wrong, if you want to start you're own thread on ML advertising you are welcome to do so but please keep your opinions out of this thread unless you actually do some testing with the Zed and new coil yourself. If you do start your own thread on ML advertising I'm sure members will happilly tell you what they think. You are shafting this thread yet again!

Cheers

mbasko said:
Won't be long until the actual users with factual information won't bother to give us the real important info like actual use in the field results!

That unfortunately has even started happening at this time and can fully understand why :rolleyes: I also understand it does not help those who have purchased or those who plan to :|

Yes some results are filtering thru but many just not prepared to put their name on it ....................... and given the onslaught of blame laying I'm surely not surprised .............................. so we wait and wait :(

Thanks guys & Heatho for answering .

Early days on the 19" for now ' but some experienced operators are disappointed regarding the claim of 30% average extra depth over the 14" coil .
These concerns will soon be resolved one way or the other as more users test & comment .

:)

Probly shouldn't respond to this as I don't have a gpz ( do I want one hell yeah) working on that. I think any improvement on depth regardless of percentages has to be a good thing, can be a fine line between hitting that good piece and just missing it.

Yep even an average of 10% can give you an edge - not to mention the greater ground coverage in areas where a big coil is suited. I think more people are pi55ed off with Minelabs marketing rather than just the performance of the coil. A lot were expecting much more from it & possibly reading too much into the advertising material?

Very true ML have a good marketing strategy, I suspect it is designed to get us talking about there products, which while creating division sells their products, free advertising, so to speak.

Well I`ve been waiting for a cooler day in NQ to get out with the 19", (plus the Treasurer has had me on slave labour) todays the day. Hopefully a bit of cloud will come up but regardless I`m mad keen to field run the 19". Got just the patch, it has proven ( to me ) the Z has it well over the Xs even with the new age coils, today I`m hoping it will prove the 19" over the 14".

Well spent 41/2 hrs behind the 19", only one promising signal, but was a unusual hot rock ( for that patch) at about a foot. JP`s advice to use conservative settings with the 19" is on the money, normally I hunt that patch with sensitivity around 15, turned back to 10 to lessen the grass and rock "bumping" false signals. Set in Normal ground, general and no audio smoothing. Disappointed I didn`t score but that is the nature of gold, and I very much doubt a reflection of the 19" coils ability. Just have to put it over yellow. Using the hipstick, bungee and the "push rod" this old fella handled the 41/2 hours OK but about my limit at temp well in the 40s.

Now to talk The Treasurer to let me off the leash for a day or so next week.

Norvic, I highly recommend you use the High Yield Normal modes with the GPZ19 in your country, less knock and bump sensitivity and greater depth. Keep an eye on the Ferrite balance its a lot more lively in High Yield so needs to be checked and trimmed often.

JP

That`s it I`m off tomorrow, Crikey JP nothing not even age halts this terrible fever, but who`d want it any other way...... well other then the Treasurer that is.

Latest posts