GPZ7000 19" coil GPZ19 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great report Tryhard. Thanks for making the effort to do a comprehensive real life in ground test comparison. You can't argue with the facts.
I'm sure it puts your mind at ease, as well as all the PA'ers that follow this post, that the 19" does do what it is claimed to do, which in turn gives everyone the confidence to invest in and use a 19".
Great work!

tryhard1968 said:
Detector settings for 14 and 19: [I ran the same settings for both coils]

Gold Type: High Yield
Ground Type: Difficult / Normal
Sensitivity: 13 6
Smoothing: Off
Threshold: 26
GB: Auto
Volume: 2
Volume Limit: 4

Nice report and it more or less backs up what my Mate/dealer told me as well this morning
I will be keeping mine for some time to come and your settings will also be tried

Got a question for you, were you using just the WM or ext speaker set up?

Cheers Marty

Looking at the Minelab depth chart for Normal setting with the Z19 coil, there is hardly any difference between HY and General, so to max your chances you'd want to stay in HY all the time, but and here's the but, they respond quite different to EMI and some ground types, so use whichever one gives you better stability on the day.

Hi Tryhard1968

I have a question.. well Mike has the question
Do you use headphones or the wm12 ?

With the volume that low.. how do you hear the targets?

Thankyou
Jen

PhaseTech said:
Looking at the Minelab depth chart for Normal setting with the Z19 coil, there is hardly any difference between HY and General, so to max your chances you'd want to stay in HY all the time, but and here's the but, they respond quite different to EMI and some ground types, so use whichever one gives you better stability on the day.

Great info Nenad , this is the sort of tip we need from the more experienced operators
cheers
Lee

Well "tryhard1968" you have certainly lifted the spirits and hopes of those GPZ owners you have or are yet to get hold of the 19" coil.

I will continue to rely on private tests results in the ground that has convinced me to stick with the GPX.

However as they say..... each to their own.

Outback said:
Have members posts been removed who were not happy with this coil ?

Cheers
outback .

NO, The Text on the PA Screens are Bio-degradable, and they only stay there for 24 hours and then they self distruct, and it saves Server space, and that way we can Guarantee that the posts are always Fresh, Lol.

John.

Outback said:
Thanks Ridge Runner ,

Were they removed because of a admin decision , or other reasons ?

Be good to hear all users opinions , hope you agree :)

Thank You .
outback

I think it was more of a directional thing instead of the Topic, So it needed a bit of spit and polish, :eek: ;)

John.

It is called positivity, the Z is a gold getter that deserves acclaim, those who have learnt how to use it know what I`m on about. For those who don`t own one or don`t appreciate its ability please consider those who do.

It certainly has the ability to make its user a fortune legally, probably like no other machine but like all machines requires a user with the capability to learn how to exploit its ability. Tis just a accumulation of hardware & software put together with MLs genius ability added, a space waster waiting for the right user........

Norvic said:
It certainly has the ability to make its user a fortune legally, probably like no other machine but like all machines requires a user with the capability to learn how to exploit its ability. Tis just a accumulation of hardware & software put together with MLs genius ability added, a space waster waiting for the right user........

In this world that's all a person can ask for really, and digging them deep holes will help you sleep at night,

Latest posts