coin relic setting gpx5000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
with being told of the position of a old cob and co way station ,i have been tossing the coin whether to get the garret AT pro international off the hook in the shed ,or use the coil/relic settings on the gpx5000
so the question is how does the coin/relic setting on the gpx5000 compare to coin/relic machines
good, better, best or worst
i have read the information in the user manual but i am not looking for info on the best relic machine
just members opinion on if they have used it as a relic hunter and how well they thought the gpx5000 perform as a relic hunter

The GPX isn't really used for coin/relics in Australia due to the somewhat basic discrimination using the DD coil.
I believe it's been more used & effective overseas due to there being more likelihood of deeper hoards being found (not likely in Australia).
IMO opinion you'd have a more pleasant time using the AT Pro with some discrimination set for coin hunting around the Cobb & Co site.

thanks matt
i was thinking out loud on the relic setting, whether it would have been worthwhile to take to fig tree as well as the ATpro ,so it looks like it stays at home for relics 👍

I’d certainly chuck in the 5000.
Its iron reject may be more basic than a treasure machine but if the old Cobb & Co site is on mineralised ground the PI machine should have distinct advantage depth wise. Maybe even some nuggets dropped by the old diggers when paying their coach fees maybe on the cards.

I’d certainly chuck in the 5000.
Its iron reject may be more basic than a treasure machine but if the old Cobb & Co site is on mineralised ground the PI machine should have distinct advantage depth wise. Maybe even some nuggets dropped by the old diggers when paying their coach fees maybe on the cards.
Yep, I'd take both too.

Latest posts