GPZ7000 19" coil GPZ19 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since all the "negative" people have been slapped back into their holes....all thats left is the extreme opposite dry humping everything minelab.

This forum is severely missing balance lately.
I own a GPZ and personally would like to hear everyones thoughts not just the lovers of minelab.

LC76 said:
Since all the "negative" people have been slapped back into their holes....all thats left is the extreme opposite dry humping everything minelab.

I own a GPZ and personally would like to hear everyones thoughts not just the lovers of minelab.

What thoughts are you chasing?

Its heavy, the open design is a prick and it needs a solid coil cover. This is a new coil for a great machine and if Garret came out with one better I will buy it I dont care who makes it just want the best.

mbasko said:
You seem to have a lot to say on the GPZ but from your posts you're quite happy using the GPX & have no interest in the Zed other than putting up a string of negative themed posts. Build a bridge, get over it & accept that some are equally as happy using the GPZ! Maybe take your own advice & just shut up unless you have your own practical experience to add?

Yes I am negative as you say after having operated and tested a GPZ up against my GPX with EVO and Elite coils.

Surely we are all entitled to post what either of us have experienced and good on those that are happy with the GPZ as I am happy with my GPX with the latest generation of FW coils.

Rush said:
mbasko said:
You seem to have a lot to say on the GPZ but from your posts you're quite happy using the GPX & have no interest in the Zed other than putting up a string of negative themed posts. Build a bridge, get over it & accept that some are equally as happy using the GPZ! Maybe take your own advice & just shut up unless you have your own practical experience to add?

Yes I am negative as you say after having operated and tested a GPZ up against my GPX with EVO and Elite coils.

Surely we are all entitled to post what either of us have experienced and good on those that are happy with the GPZ as I am happy with my GPX with the latest generation of FW coils.

The only way you could give a 'fair' test would be if you have used a GPZ for as long as you have used a GPX. I too get a little peed off by people basically telling me I was ripped off because I bought a Z and a GPX is better. Those that have used the Z for a while and actually learned how to use it correctly (and I still am learning new things, different setting combinations depending on ground and conditions) are generally happy with their purchase.
I think the 19" coil is another thing that is going to take a bit of getting used to. There are different setting combinations to learn and this will take time and experience.

LC76 said:

There are several posts highlighting the negatives as Goldwright said & he has previously posted some. Read RDD's post. https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=293278#p293278
That's the two-way info that matters not the constant negativity at any cost just to stir the pot!
I'm all for pointing out downfalls like some have done in the right manner. Constantly harping on about the GPZ known downfalls, the percentage claims, a bunch of unscientific tests that prove nothing & jumping on every chance to spout the negative spiel is getting tiresome to say the least!!

Rush said:
How many hours did you put in on the Zed prior? Under what conditions? What settings? Etc. Etc. Etc. I'm sure you get my drift. Others have done the same or similar type tests & concluded that the GPZ holds an advantage. Go figure?
Both good machines mate & all these tests done by "backslappers clubs" don't mean too much anyway. They usually get the desired outcome from the prior train of thought ;)

I did forget to state my settings, they are basically JPs conservative settings as he advised in this thread, I went with Sens 10, Normal ground, Vol 7, no smoothing, HY. I could give the negatives of the Z I`ve found here but this thread is about the 19" coil testing, and so far other then its weight the 19" is a winner for me.

I`ll post on a relative thread my negatives no problem, but with the aim to be constructive so as ML can consider for future improvements, or to develop further advanced software for our current Zs but certainly not to bash ML, that achieves naught.

How did you find Normal Norvic?
I tried to do a full day in High Yield/Normal & other settings as per JP today but I've only got the GPZ14. It ran ok in a lot of spots but I dug a lot of hot rocks in places. I hadn't considered the ground too bad here previously with a few different machines but by the end of the day had to switch back to difficult. I was in some mountain goat country & digging false signals, some deep, on top of that on a reasonably hot day for here - I was buggered.
Had you ran in Normal with the GPZ14 before & is there any improvement with the GPZ19?

LC76 said:

No LC76, I have left the positives and negatives. I'm trying to leave this thread for owners, not baggers who just don't like Minelab. I've had numerous complaints about baggers and all the good info being hard to find, so it's been stripped back to just the nuts and bolts.

PhaseTech said:
I go out with all good intentions to video a find, you record it and it's a nail. You record it and it's a bullet. After a while you just start digging them up.....and then eventually one of them is a nugget. So I often record the find and at least share some info about it: i.e. settings, why I'm searching there, what I have found there before etc etc.

Nenad I never detect without my video camera on-board, not only to record my nugget digs but you never know what you may come across such as large red belly that was close by.

I have really enjoyed your video contributions.

Mbasko,
No mainly used difficult with the 14" but used on sens 16+, vol 12-16, no smoothing, general mode. The 19" handled ground very good in normal, hot rocks mainly on surface. Although I did dig a 50kg hot rock that`s top was down a foot and bloody bottom a mile the other day..... But from results with the 19" I`ll be trying same conservative settings with the 14", maybe I`ve been assaulting my ears for no gain.

Just a wee tit bit about the 19" I found useful, the transmit coil protrudes to front and rear of receive coils and sweeping it with coil vertical or as near as you can get it helps you locate the signal in your hole, the transmit coil leading like that has fairly reduced sensitivity (having the receive coil behind at its narrowest) thus assisting in target location. Unintentional I suspect just the way it`s built but a handy feature. Tis only early days but I`m starting to think with the hipstick and guide shaft, it is not as tiring to use as its weight indicates, might be a patch hunter on the flatter ground rather than the 14".

mbasko said:
Rush said:
Even an air test to shut up the likes of me.
The problem with the video Cory done is we don't see the target signal in situ so we take his word that it's "about as clear as it was when I heard it". In reality it could have been quiter or it could have been slightly sharper? All we know is it was somewhere thereabouts. Maybe he exaggerated it - maybe he understated it! What's important is that he found it & we are getting feedback from some field use both negative + positive.

Hi Guys,
Cory from Miners Den Brisbane here,
First off this is a great forum! I've only just started following recently.

To clarify for you mbasko, the signal was initially quite a lot better when i first heard it- you can read up on it and a bit about the settings used on the Miners Den blog here- oops, i need to have 10 posts to post a link. head to the Miners Den website and look for the blog.

running in normal with a low sens has worked a treat for me in a lot of areas of even hot variable ground, but understanding the ground balance and how to use it is quite important though. I have learned to trust the GB on the zed and it hasn't steered me wrong so far. i have dug many many ground noises to prove my trust and its been hard and frustrating but has been worth it.

I look forward to contributing a bit of these pages- just because i work for a dealer doesn't mean i'm full of bs and out to fleece anyone- i'm just a passionate prospector who loves to help others get the most from their gear.

LC76 said:

Well mate I'm selling mine at the moment , like most things the hype supersedes the reality, I've spent hours upon hours trying to learn it and yes I've given up, when chasing my ferrite ring a while back that was even a issue , the women told me that only 2000 plus units had been sold of the z 6 or so months ago , so I'm assuming that the sales for the rig haven't been too super even with price drops etc, in regard to post removal ect there could be one or too borderline factors , the same factors that I've experienced in other industry's manipulation and corruption , market price fixing and concocting a industry that consorting is the norm , before you all say tin foil hat and the likes as usual when anything gets criticised. How novice of some , heck the police even pay people to rebuff trolls on there face book , I wonder why !
Look at the big three happens in most games , where $$$ are at stake , money moves mountains . How many gold prospecting Australia forums are online ?

In reality the feed back on the machine is true and it can't be changed or can it ?

CoryDale said:
mbasko said:
Rush said:
The problem with the video Cory done is we don't see the target signal in situ so we take his word that it's "about as clear as it was when I heard it". In reality it could have been quiter or it could have been slightly sharper? All we know is it was somewhere thereabouts. Maybe he exaggerated it - maybe he understated it! What's important is that he found it & we are getting feedback from some field use both negative + positive.

Hi Guys,

To clarify for you mbasko, the signal was initially quite a lot better when i first heard it- you can read up on it and a bit about the settings used on the Miners Den blog here- oops, i need to have 10 posts to post a link. head to the Miners Den website and look for the blog.

running in normal with a low sens has worked a treat for me in a lot of areas of even hot variable ground, but understanding the ground balance and how to use it is quite important though. I have learned to trust the GB on the zed and it hasn't steered me wrong so far. i have dug many many ground noises to prove my trust and its been hard and frustrating but has been worth it.

I look forward to contributing a bit of these pages- just because i work for a dealer doesn't mean i'm full of bs and out to fleece anyone- i'm just a passionate prospector who loves to help others get the most from their gear.

Blog here:
http://www.minersden.com.au/blog/some-musings-on-the-minelab-gpz-19/

Mickkat12 said:
LC76 said:

Well mate I'm selling mine at the moment , like most things the hype supersedes the reality, I've spent hours upon hours trying to learn it and yes I've given up, when chasing my ferrite ring a while back that was even a issue , the women told me that only 2000 plus units had been sold of the z 6 or so months ago , so I'm assuming that the sales for the rig haven't been too super even with price drops etc, in regard to post removal ect there could be one or too borderline factors , the same factors that I've experienced in other industry's manipulation and corruption , market price fixing and concocting a industry that consorting is the norm , before you all say tin foil hat and the likes as usual when anything gets criticised. How novice of some , heck the police even pay people to rebuff trolls on there face book , I wonder why !
Look at the big three happens in most games , where $$$ are at stake , money moves mountains . How many gold prospecting Australia forums are online ?

In reality the feed back on the machine is true and it can't be changed or can it ?
Are you suggesting this forum is part of a scheme of manipulation & corruption :rolleyes:
A good tradesman doesn't blame his tools. Maybe you're not going to the right areas or aren't using it correctly. Have you had any help with it? I see you've been mostly using extra deep. That for a start isn't the mode that would be the go to for general detecting for most people &/or areas.
Maybe you're just inherently negative or have an unreal expectation of gold detecting & no machine will satisy you or meet your expectations? I've seen similar from people on here with various machines including the GPX & SDC. They aren't magic wands that put gold in your pocket just because you buy one! How novice of some to expect otherwise.

CoryDale said:
mbasko said:
Rush said:

Hi Guys,

Hi Cory, you know the best thing about your post is you identified yourself.

Thats the honesty we need to make informed decisions.

Cheers

Corey welcome to the forum and I'm sure your expertise shall be appreciated :)
We have spoken and met many times and your knowledge and honesty always refreshing to see.
Cheers ;)

Hey Bogger,
whats your real name? (pm if you dont want it public!)
i'm terrible with forum names......

Mickkat12 said:
LC76 said:

Its a shame you are selling the Z. To be honest I just dont think you have spent enough time with it. I use mine every weekend and have done so for 18 months and am still learning more about it. I go back to areas I have been to before and find more gold. And these are mostly areas that have been hit hard for many years. Before you sell it you could always come out with either myself or someone else with a Z and perhaps we can run through a few things to help you out.

Now before anyone goes on about me kissing Minelabs a$$, I am NOT a fan of the company - (I have massive issues with some of the patents they hold) but I do like the technology in the Z. Could the machine have been cheaper? Yes it could have, but unfortunately to get a machine with that tech you have to pay the price.

Interesting, my years, has taught me a lot about people but one thing stands out........ negativity. Negative people never succeed at any endeavours, and you can say never say never, which is usually good advice. But I`ve never met a negative person who has achieved their aims. Gold detecting is no different, if you head out for a bit of prospecting and you expect to get none, stay home it is not the hobby for you. Chances of getting gold only rely on say 20% with the detector you wield, the other 80% is in your attitude and ability.

Also I am a fan of ML, a big fan and I am very proud that a OZ company leads the world in gold detectors by light years. ML are a big POSITIVE. Why is it "fashionable" or whatever the knockers want to call it, to knock ML? Please start another thread and tell us why in a positive manner. Call it the ML Knockers thread or whatever but use it to knock ML, why do you hijack other threads? This thread is about the ML Z 19" coil testing is it not?

Hi Guys,

I look forward to contributing a bit of these pages- just because i work for a dealer doesn't mean i'm full of bs and out to fleece anyone- i'm just a passionate prospector who loves to help others get the most from their gear

hey mate glad you joined the group mate
great to catch up on the phone the other day

cheers bob

Latest posts