Counterfeit/fake Minelab detectors and accessories

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7.62marksman said:
it has the same serial number as the one that was on gumtree
he sent it to me last night
I have made a report to ebay that it is a fake or counterfeit item . If more of us make the same report they should act and remove the add..maybe mine lab should also get involved and complain about this guy selling a fake trademarked machine..
If he has been duped its unfortunate for him , but to also try and dupe others is criminal.

Yea 7.62 he is running scared I would say . He probably thought he would get away with it and found the our community takes this very seriously. Good work guys keep it up. Maybe one day I too will be that good. I can only hope.

pete165 said:
Yea 7.62 he is running scared I would say . He probably thought he would get away with it and found the our community takes this very seriously. Good work guys keep it up. Maybe one day I too will be that good. I can only hope.
Mate i have only learnt from the guys and girls off here without them i could own a fake by now as well
I am sure you are as good as any of us here especially when it comes to coins that is your forte

It's back on gumtree this time listed as a fake for parts. This time it shows the real serial number sticker and it is different to the one provided to people who asked, clearly he was happy to screw someone over.
The truth came out in the end.

Jarrod84 said:
It's back on gumtree this time listed as a fake for parts. This time it shows the real serial number sticker and it is different to the one provided to people who asked, clearly he was happy to screw someone over.
The truth came out in the end.

I think it's been taken off gumtree altogether now (or sold), as I can't find it now.

I reported the ad to gumtree this morning, and in fewer words stated that the item is a FAKE, which does not work like a genuine one, and that it is not a CLONE which the seller was calling it, saying that it works and can also be used for parts.

just been on there this is his wording

Minelab gpx5000 clone (copy) works
Parts do fit the genuine minelab gpx 5000
Please note this isnt a genuine minelab but will detect or can be used for parts comes with harness , battery, charger and complete
Not a genuine minelab gpx 5000)

dont want to end up in the naughty corner so i wont comment
1514277074_05.jpg

Craigslist has also been notified but have heard nothing from them about this item..

Minelab should at least 'have a talk to this fellow' and find out where 'it' came from... And they might be able to do something to stop the fakes.. :rolleyes:

LW...

LoneWolf said:
Craigslist has also been notified but have heard nothing from them about this item..

Minelab should at least 'have a talk to this fellow' and find out where 'it' came from... And they might be able to do something to stop the fakes.. :rolleyes:

LW...

Stopping the fakes (of anything) would necessitate shutting down mainland China. Good luck with that.

Latest posts