Counterfeit/fake Minelab detectors and accessories

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it works, serial number matches with Minelab. Has two handpieces one with a broken button.. comes up with all the other good pieces a lithium battery 2 charger leads original coils plus the Coiltek 14 inch, harness etc... the words that came out of my mouth to lovely wife yesterday lunchtime was, honey how much do you love me?? about 2000? O:) oh and it's mine now.... :D she loves me! :party:
1507083682_20171004_120221-816x459.jpg

:Y: Happy Wife, Happy Life.. :D ... Im with ProspectorPete, You be a silly man if you didn't Declare your first Nugget Hers.... Hopefully, it will be Too big for a Necklace.. ]:D

LW.... :rainbow:

Lol come on guys, it went something like this.. yes honey I love you 2000, but will you love me 1 ounce. I answered without battering a eye lid, sure honey I love you 3 ounces.. O:) :D
I think it's called wife tax....which leads me to, well honey if I'm not out there looking I won't find it for you ]:D

In all seriousness, she is a awesome little lady and a great mate :Y:

Good onya noel :Y: will have to do a trip to 7 mile with ya when i pick mine up mate :p
Glad it checked out ok with minelab. You got a good deal there buddy. :Y: :Y:

Gpx 5000 that's recently been posted on gumtree for $3,800, would I be right in saying its a fake?

The battery has a split down the centre.
The gpx5000 print is too bold and doesn't have the sharp little edges. (Hard to see, have to zoom in)
The plug at the end of the shaft has little holes, only ever seen that with the fakes.
The green ground balance button looks wrong, like its too thin and sticks out, the real one is wider and flatter.

I might still be wrong but it's interesting to take note of the give aways and keep an eye out for them.

After a bit more research I'm certain it is fake unfortunately. It's hard to tell but they are there.
A big giveaway is the blue on the rear panel is too bright, it should be the same as the dark blue of the control box, the function and select writing should also be dark blue, not black.
In one picture you can just see the bottom of the foam on the handle, it should have a sharp ridge but you can make out a sloping edge at the base of the foam.
The plug in the end of the shaft above the control box has holes, genuine is solid.
The battery is a dead give away.

have you checked the serial number to make sure
the one i posted up he supplied to me within 3 minutes of me asking for it 92570848151
normally if its a fake they will hold off on the number
so before you jump in with both feet maybe check the number
i have no idea how to do that unless i ring mine lab
but someone on here is sure to know if there is another way

Latest posts