Counterfeit/fake Minelab detectors and accessories

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Attention: This product is a high copy GPX5000,it made in China. If you mind it, please don't buy it. It has the same shape as the original machine 1:1. The performance of the product is close to the original, The important thing is that the price is cheap.

That is in the description

wow the detection is down to 2.5 -3.5 m

That is one big hole!

1535682720_5000.jpg

Wow do they have an SDC 2300 ??? :) you know what they used to say about Japanese cars when they first came out :poop: it would throw the cat amongst the pigeons if someone actually finds gold with one of em A :lol: :rolleyes:

I never really contemplated the blatant knockoffs especially when they are claiming to be genuine PI machines but for a while when I was grabbing a few items from AliExpress I had it in my head I might grab one of the coin shooter ones that are on offer for around $300
Glad I woke up to myself. :playful:

We met a guy at Clermont QLD this year who had just bought one which he claimed had powered up when he was at home.

He knew it was a knock-off copy and thought he was getting a bargain by circumventing Aussie Minelab dealerships.

He then drove at least a day and many hundreds of kilometres to the goldfields of Clermont and to discover that it would no longer even power up. His purchasing decision had been something along the lines of "it is so much cheaper than a real genuine one that he could by a couple of them before spending as much as a real one and maybe he'd get one that actually worked" .

I never felt it's weight, but I heard from someone who had that it was very light and just felt like it had nothing inside the control box. It was doubtful that it had any of the proper electronics inside it.

The guy wasted a week in travelling and staying somewhere to be unable to use his bit of junk. Personally my time is valuable to me and the lure of "saving" some bucks is over-ridden by not wanting to waste a week in time and all of the costs associated with getting to and from the fields.

Why even entertain the thought of supporting what are essentially thieves - the bottom line is that they exist to make a quick buck at the expense of naive customers (or should I say victims). If you have bought any of this dodgy gear and find it doesn't do as it says, do us a favour, destroy it and throw it in the bin, don't even think about flogging it off on the second hand market for more potential victims.

Best to save yourself cash and heartache and only buy from repritable dealers..I would never buy anything expensive unless I can personaly take it back to where I brought it from..Theres just something about face to face discussion that I prefer. Could be that it's harder for them to speak bullshot to your face :Y:

Latest posts