Clermont Qld information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fully submersible detectors like the Anfibio and Multi Kruzer work well on the beach. They also have a pretty capable all-metal modes, but won't handle highly mineralised soils like an SDC will.

My need a few bucks to book JP for a whole day :eek:
:D :D :D ;)
But probably finding a bit using his method would be guaranteed :argh: ;)

SDC in this case is the best option for Clermont. Little nuggets are available for a Monster user if your patient and come to terms with targeting specific areas where the mineralisation is not too severe. One of the better areas is Bathampton GPA especially up the northeastern end in the dozings were the bedrock is exposed.

JP

i was just up there last week and ran a heap of different detectors over some ground at clermont. everything from the ORX from XP to the new whites 24k, Garrett ATX with the 8 inch coil, GPX4500, 5000, gold monster, 7000's the vLF's did struggle with the ground but no more than any other hot ground like ballarat diggings in fact the ironstone in Ballarat was a bit chirpier than what we found at Clermont.

As has been said above if you dont expect your machien to work miracles and focus o shalow ground and bump some rocks i'm sure you'll be able to ping a few, i personally ran into town and bought myself a 11" elite coil to whack on the the 4500 as i cna get that running super stable and quiet in hot ground. Ended up pulling some sub grammers from diggings that had had many 7000's over them.

we were on a lease so most of the bigger stuff was coming from pushes were we were taking 30cm off at a time each push produced another 3 or 4 targets which really proves how noisy that ground is. especially in the heat.

I did say many times to the lads i was with the best machine for this place would probably be an SDC considering the reef structure and specimen gold coming out, i must have detected a gold pan worth of solid signals in quarts which i handed over to the lease owner i reckon an sdc would have killed it.

Hi All,
Just moved up from Ballarat to Moranbah and looking to do some detecting around Clermont. Went out yesterday but found the supplied maps very confusing and got a lot of hot rocks. Any pointers to easy places to start would be appreciated. I have an sdc. Thanks

Hi guys,
We finally found a piece of gold on an old GPA at Clermont. Approx 30 hrs detecting and hundreds of pieces of rubbish, we found a specie at McDonalds Flat. Had a great time even though we didn't find much gold. My wife and I are still keen. We hale from Toowoomba, so we'll probably keep our hand in at Durikai and Talgai until we get a chance to go to WA.
1557732502_img_3088.jpg

Hi Jaros,
We visited Durikai and Talgai about 6 times earlier this year. Plenty of lead, rust, etc,. No gold yet. We will continue to try there. I suppose it's just a matter of time. :D

Nice mate, drove down to that GPA yesterday for a look without the detector, looks like it was a major operation at one stage.

Nice find, well done
I'm heading that way next week for my first field run with my recently bought detector
Cheers

Good Luck Banman
Let us know how you go. We tried some old and new gpa's. Just got to get lucky, and keep an eye on the terrain and stay in the shallow ground or around the old workings. That's the theory I think? Not that we had much success. As they say, low and slow.
I'd like to go back there.

Hi All
Heading to Clermont soon We have a SDC thinking about hiring a second machine any ideas on what machine would work with the SDC
Cheers
Brett

Jackpot said:
Hi All
Heading to clermont soon We have a SDC thinking about hiring a second machine any ideas on what machine would work with the sdc
Cheers
Brett

I'd doubt you would have many options other than a 4500 or 5000 if you're local shop hires them out, most won't risk hiring the value of GPZ7000. As for Clermont I'm of no help so good luck with your hunt.

Cheers RM we will hire one through JP at out back prospector just getting ideas what Others have used and like

You just answered your question if you put it to JP :Y: can't go past his recommendations, you won't be wasting your time if you do put it to him.

Haha thought I would get that answer RM and you are right, just interesting to know what people prefer to use in that area as we havent been there yet. Thanks for your input

Latest posts