Clermont Qld information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some articles here = https://www.minelab.com/anz/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk?fts=Authors&fAuthors=24957

Some of his dvd's

1559790863_capture.jpg

1559790877_capture1.jpg

Thinking about try my luck at Clermont in Nth Queensland .Does anyone know which of the GPA is the best for someone new to the game . Any sujestions welcome.

Thank you for the advice . I did intend to do just that and I was thinking of buying a prosonic audio module for my 2300 as I like the idea of a wireless speaker as I have a hearing problem and it has amplification as well as phone jack for headphones.

From JP

*LET THE GOLDRUSH BEGIN!*

FLAT DIGGINGS RESERVE GPA - CLERMONT

Less than 12 months after we proposed a number of new GPAs in the Clermont area to Isaac Regional Council, we are elated to share news of the opening of the first Council managed GPA in Clermont in 21 years!

With acknowledgement and thanks to DNRME Emerald branch, MAYOR BAKER, local Councillors Councillor Greg Austen - Isaac Regional Council Division 1 and Cr Lyn Jones and the hard-working Council team behind the scenes who made it all happen, The Outback Prospector is proud to partner with our local Council to begin development of the new prospecting strategy for the Isaac Region, here in Clermont...the heart of QLD's goldfields.

The new Flat Diggings Reserve GPA map and full list of Conditions is now available on https://bit.ly/2NbMMyF (more detailed map available soon)

Members of the public accessing this GPA must hold a QLD Fossicking Licence available online here: https://bit.ly/2JnZ4Dg

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/ckSEP95af47S9QZt8

*Approx 180ha*
*Located approx 16.6km from Clermont PO, to the east of existing Four Mile GPA along Laglan Road.
*Note freehold land adjoins this GPA. At all times, observe extent of permitted prospecting area - red paint and signage on fences and gates indicates boundary of GPA.
*Traverse new GPA via existing gates and access tracks.
*Take greater care during exploratory drives and whilst prospecting through unfamiliar country during warmer months eg. carry water at all times, use of GPS and/or two way radio to ensure personal safety.
*Respect livestock, property and the environment at all times.
*Report any observed issues to Isaac Regional Council 1300 47 22 27
eg. trees across tracks or fences.

#TheOutbackProspector
#goldrush
#clermontgold
#clermontqld
#dirtfishingcapital
#heartofQLDsgoldfields
#gearup #skillup #getthegold
Dr Anthony Lynham

:Y:

Howdy all ,
Im doing a road trip from the top end to WA in April and wanting to check out the new GPA in Clermont . Anyone know how to get on ? Or if you need to ask permission regardless ? Thanks fellow gold hunters ;) :pickshovel:

You will actually find its not such a new area......been hammered over the years just like the rest of the GPA's.
Only difference is, its now on the list of publicly open.

Our experience of Clermont is that you will find crumbs, but unfortunately its mainly around the edges of illegally dozer pushed patches.

Will stand corrected, but I don't think anyone in town does fossicking licenses anymore......buy online.

Good luck there anyway

boobook said:
You will actually find its not such a new area......been hammered over the years just like the rest of the GPA's.
Only difference is, its now on the list of publicly open.

Will stand corrected, but I don't think anyone in town does fossicking licenses anymore......buy online.

Good luck there anyway

You are correct boobook, both the van park and Johnathon no longer do licensees . Easy as to buy online.

Was there at Christmas time and from what I saw the new GPA had a lot of very old detector hole there.

Dropped in to have a talk with Johnathon and is shop was all shut up. No signs or anything, so dunno about that either :(

Good point Feral....the "new" GPA had detector holes everywhere. For me, the annoying part is that so many were left open.
So much for the "ethics" of our detecting community.

Not very impressed by the Outback Detector shop either. Purchased the fossicking license from his missus, thought I might get a quick chat with the so well known JP.
But unless I was a candidate for one of his tutorials or groups......no talk, no interest.
Maybe a sniff up his nose, but that don't really achieve much in this world.

An interesting place, got talking with a couple of campers who had pulled off the side of the road just South of town, jumped a fence and spent a few days detecting.
Showed me some gold made my head shake in disbelief.......

Still plenty of gold in the old areas at Clermont. Found a lot of good stuff in different places. Haven't been there for a while due to a stuffed back.

Latest posts