Cheap metal detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking into an older machine, but I'm still a newbie when it comes too detecting and finding any detector alone in my town is a bit of a pain.. So I'm going with the GoFind 40 when It goes on special again.. I really like it's simple easy to use setup, pin point and easy enough to fit in a backpack just about, so it suits my needs and will definitely upgrade once I've got some experience with detecting and and got a basic knowledge on detectors.

Cheers

Cody

If your interested I'll sell you my go-find 40 for $180 plus postage from port macquarie, still have original box and only been used probably 6 times i've had it for about 3 maybe 4 months from new at anaconda so would still be under warranty, I upgraded to a nokta and i dont use the gofind 40 at all i was going to keep it for the wife but she isn't interested, pm me if you are interested.

My missus got one that looks a lot like it from Aldi a few years back (its a heap of crap), not like the Aldi ones everyone else has, dont know if its the same as the one posted $70 buys a bit of grog :lol: :lol:

Eldorado said:
Heatho said:
They aren't too bad actually, like a suped up Aldi.
Are you serious Heatho or am I "detecting " some sarcasm there?

Serious mate, have you read my Aldi thread? Some pretty serious finds in there. :D Second link has a really nice ring I found with my Aldi. The cheap detectors have their issues but they certainly work. I found enough with the Aldi to buy a CTX.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5199

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5803

Sort of more like the kogan one, they have exactly the same coil and operate on the same frequency, 6.6khz from memory. They have totally different controls but they actually sound the same on targets.

When I was at Inverell last time the Publican had one at the pub we go to and we were buggering around with it with a few coins, they react and sound pretty much identical to each other.

This is the same as mine in this link.

http://offers.kd2.org/en/au/aldi/pnxT/

Hmmm the missus one from a few years back looks more like the kogan 1 with the red auto tune button on the handle, very hard to ground balance if even possible lol, it also takes a couple of 9v square batteries so expensive to use. That one of yours did you or was it someone else here that has the youtube clip of your one because i was impressed with that $100 job and does it run on AA's or those 9v buggers? Because what i've seen from the vid and your posts you cant go wrong for $100 with that particular one ;)

Mine takes 2x9v batteries. I bought a couple of Accupower 9v batteries plus the charger from Nenad which saved me from buying batteries all the time, paid them off in a week with it.

For $100 it's a great detector.

I should also say that they are pretty useless on beaches, they just don't punch deep enough. They are perfect for parks, ovals, any flat areas and woodchipped areas.

Fine print says"while stocks last-please note stocks are limited & will vary between stores." Get there early guys.

I'm looking into getting a metal detector but as a newbie on a budget I really don't want to spend more than about $400 as I really don't know whether I'm going to like this hobby and I just don't want to end up with an expensive metal detector either collecting dust or taking a huge loss in selling it. So at the moment I'm looking at either getting one of the minelab go-finds or even one of the Aldi $99 ones just to see if this is a hobby I'm going to enjoy. What do you all reckon? Or is there anything else out there in that price range that i should consider? The only thing is it needs to have a waterproof coil as I will also be using it on the beach...

Bullcat said:
is there anything else out there in that price range that i should consider? The only thing is it needs to have a waterproof coil as I will also be using it on the beach...

None of the cheapies will detect effectively in wet sand/salt water conditions.

Latest posts