Aldi detector hunt

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Testing the aldi, that RJ kindly lent my young son tonite. You have definately been missing-out on coins, and even florins heatho, at any depth, running the descrim that you normally do. It will ping a 1943 thrip at 5 inches, but needs the descrim back into bottlecap territory to get the 1943 florin at all. Some pennies it was the same thing, weird, and it doesnt make sense......just had a thought, I wonder if the pennies, and florin were overloading it, so backing down the sensitivity may fix it? Its awesome on the goldies, and silver jewellery. Going to take my son to the park tomorrow, see if he can pop a coin :) am sure that he will get hooked.

Yeah I noticed it does miss stuff too Rocket, definitely overloading it I think will make it reject targets, it seems to prefer buried targets without a doubt. All the stuff in the etrac thread it missed gives me nightmares lol...... Same ground, same spot and heaps of stuff is coming out. Yeah I agree, turning down the sens a couple of nothes can help, running over red clayey ground gives a hard time too.

It does not like sunbaking coins at all, pings some and rejects others.

Hope your son has a good time using it mate, perfect introductory unit for the young fella.

One thing though, if you get a signal from it and then no more signal, raise the coil up and try to find the general spot it came from and use your pinpointer over the area, you'll likely find a $1 goldie there, happens to me all the time.

Had a swing for a couple of hours this arvo with the aldi, got $15.60, 2 penny's a Threepence and numerous BB's. Sux going back to the aldi but...... someones gotta do it. :)

1437291374_20150719_171453.jpg

1437291374_20150719_171522.jpg

After a quick rub with sodium bi carb it looks brand new.
1437291374_20150719_172720.jpg

Heatho said:
mbasko said:
Bet your secretly glad to be rid of the inferior Etrac & back on the finds with the Aldi mate! :lol:

Well the aldi is lighter....... It's like swinging a feather. :)
:lol:
Any closer to a decision on the upgrade yet? Glad it's you & not me. A lot of good VLF's around at the moment.

mbasko said:
Heatho said:
mbasko said:
Bet your secretly glad to be rid of the inferior Etrac & back on the finds with the Aldi mate! :lol:

Well the aldi is lighter....... It's like swinging a feather. :)
:lol:
Any closer to a decision on the upgrade yet? Glad it's you & not me. A lot of good VLF's around at the moment.

To many good VLF's mate, very hard decision to make. I was going to buy an etrac today but minersden in Sydney were out of stock so I'm just going to bite the bullet and get a 3030, just need to get the extra $900 and I'll go get it. May as well, it will get plenty of use around my local area and probably pay itself off quite quickly. It's just a bit more than I wanted to spend but probably worth the extra. I like the idea of the "combined audio" function and the "target trace".

I live next to a Heritage Listed Park in Brisbane pre 1904 and it is so tempting to go out and have a swing around.
With my luck i'll be zapped by the council officers.
Jaros :p

Jaros said:
I live next to a Heritage Listed Park in Brisbane pre 1904 and it is so tempting to go out and have a swing around.
With my luck i'll be zapped by the council officers.
Jaros :p

Yeah don't like your luck on a heritage listed park Jaros, though as long as you're very careful should be ok, but yeah council rangers can get edgy on areas like that, would be soooo tempting :) . I'm on a first name basis with the ranger who looks after the sport fields in my area, top bloke, I always see him at different places and he just says keep off the playing field area and everything is sweet. He's just keen to see my finds mainly too.

The Etracs seem to he flying out the door at the moment, our local Miners Dens sold several in the same week, including the floor demo unit which I grabbed. :p Either way, you are still doing very well with the Aldi, and probably won't take long to make up the shortfall on the CTX. :)

I've found lots of silver with the ACE250 heatho,... small outlay(second hand one maybe),..... for good results i would coach you in its use,... have you using one like I can in no time at all. :D

Latest posts