Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today i bought a premium membership on the site. It's helped more than i could've imagined over the last 6 months and has given me a hobby that i can't get enough off. Never thought I'd be looking into buying a 2nd detector so soon allowing Mrs Slick to get in on the action.
Looking forward to accessing the download section and seeing what is there, not that many give away their secret patches :lol:

sand surfer said:
hi Hopeful Tania
yep fun and practice ,wash rinse and repeat

who did you get your pay dirt from ,
and where are the pics of what you found, big or small it don't matter :lol:

i usually get the golden spear mine samples for presents, and i saw this gold digger dave's stuff, so i thought i would give it a go

haven't panned it yet ,had it in the sun to dry so i could classify it ,and there is some small conglomerate like pieces that i will crush and keep separate to see if any thing is in it :D

Hi sorry it has taken so long to reply. Have the same dirt as you. Got 0.26 of gold. Have to work out how to change photo size. Will put photo up when computer illiterate me works it out.
Tania :D

1624024746_118459be-46c1-4199-a5ad-f6f91ea87817.jpg

Hi all
Worked out how to compress photo so l could post it. You never stop learning what ever age you are. I cheated. Put an app on my phone that did it for me. Some great apps around. Tania :D

Bought an axe.

A handmade tool is a beautiful and functional thing.

This is a Grnsfors Bruks Scandinavian forest axe, hand forged in Sweden. The initials on the axe represent the name of the blacksmith who made it, in this case Kahsai Beyene.

This is a medium size axe designed for limbing and felling small trees. It comes with a shaving sharp edge.

I'll put it to good use cutting firewood, but it's just rewarding to have fine tools around the place. A sharp axe is also handy to have in the Ute on bush tracks. You can have a small tree cleared by the time you have got the chainsaw out and started it.

1624532877_fb_img_1624532617883.jpg

1624532900_fb_img_1624532629472.jpg

DrDuck said:
Bought an axe.

A handmade tool is a beautiful and functional thing.

This is a Grnsfors Bruks Scandinavian forest axe, hand forged in Sweden. The initials on the axe represent the name of the blacksmith who made it, in this case Kahsai Beyene.

This is a medium size axe designed for limbing and felling small trees. It comes with a shaving sharp edge.

I'll put it to good use cutting firewood, but it's just rewarding to have fine tools around the place. A sharp axe is also handy to have in the Ute on bush tracks. You can have a small tree cleared by the time you have got the chainsaw out and started it.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/158/1624532877_fb_img_1624532617883.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/158/1624532900_fb_img_1624532629472.jpg

Lovely craftsmanship, Can't beat a good Axe, Congrats Doc. :Y:

Hi there , when you connect to Bluetooth you need to hold both ear buttons plug buttons at the same time. I had the same problem, I hope this helps, you may need to delete your old connections first on Bluetooth

Comet tail Jr said:
Hi there , when you connect to Bluetooth you need to hold both ear buttons plug buttons at the same time. I had the same problem, I hope this helps, you may need to delete your old connections first on Bluetooth
Thank you :)

RM Outback said:
Ridge Runner said:
I just bought these Chalks so I can do some Tyre testing, got em for around 5 bucks,

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3775/1625609619_giant_chalks.jpg

You can also test the humour of your neighbours, just mark their tyres as the parking officer would :lol: sit back and have a laugh it'll help your recovery :beer:

I'm intrigued, what tests are you conducting.

It's that tyre pressure test I mentioned in that Tyre Gauge/Compressor thread I started about 2 years ago,

Once you go up in tyre sizes you shouldn't really use the factory tyre pressure anymore, So Chalk testing will tell you the correct pressures.

Detecta said:
I did the chalk test with my new tyres. The tyre fitter said run 40 psi in them tyres, so while the tyres were hot with 40 psi all the chalk wore off evenly on a dead flat surface.

Thats good, did you buy standard size or did you go up in size ?

Going from 31's to 33's won't make much difference where as going from 29.5's to 33's there will be a bit of a change but going from 29.5's to 35"+ will make a big difference, Going from 31's to 37"+ will make a big difference,

Also what vehicle did you fit them on and what is the pressure the factory say to use, So I can compare my results.

For those who don't know doing a chalk test needs to be done on a flat surface driving slowly forward for about 100 meters, and then reversing back to the same spot without turning the steering wheel "At All".

Latest posts